[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>did SS for 7 or 8 months >was young and didn't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1457119186771.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1457119186771.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>did SS for 7 or 8 months
>was young and didn't know any better
>hurt my back doing dead wrong
>stop lifting and stretch for awhile
>little to no back pain anymore
>go to several doctors and try to find out what's wrong
>they can't find out what's wrong or they all tell me different stuff
>pt didn't work either
>haven't lifted in 18 months

How do I get back into lifting, /fit/? I feel like shit not doing anything.
>>
>>36257058
Don't deadlift. I also have that problem so I'll be condemned to never deadlift more than 65 kg without back pain. Also I see that the pain lowers if I use a lifting belt during deadlifts.
>>
I had something similar happen, I just started over with bitch weight and took it slow as fuck with lower body
>>
>>36257113
Yeah, that's my #1 rule when I go back. My #1 problem is a beginner routine without deadlifts.
>>
>>36257166
You can ask trappy.
>>
>>36257375
Who is that? Haven't went to fit in a year or so.
>>
>>36257478
Just go to the routine general and ask a question, the only good thing that that trip has is that she'll allways answer questions if she's there.
>>
>>36257058
You injured a disc and have nerve impingement. That's what's wrong with you, unless you are a 70 y/o white lady with osteoporosis and breast cancer mets in your spine.

> anon does shitty deathlift and has chronic back pain
> wow it's a medical mystery, what could it possibly be?
>>
>>36257558
I'm sure it is not a disc. Last year you said the same thing. My leg feels fine, too. No shot up numbness or pain down the leg or anything.
>>
>>36257558
what do though? No deadlifting at all anymore?
>>
>>36257620
Not all bulging/herniated discs have sciatic pain. Have you had an mri (not that they are 100% sensitive anyhow)?
>>
>>36257739
Most herniations heal on their own if you don't fuck with them long enough. It really depends case by case.
>>
Why don't you just find a reputable coach to show you how to lift properly?
>>
>>36257058
>>go to several doctors and try to find out what's wrong

This may be your problem. Go to one physio therapist and let them work with you to find out what is wrong.
>>
>>36257510
>she
>>
>>36257739

Just don't deadlift anymore, its a meme exercise. Weightlifting isnt great for your back but we all like doing it anyway - deadlift however is just asking to feel 70 when you are 40, so dont bother.

In terms of your prognosis, you need to keep active - docs dont advise just completely resting anything anymore, you have to encourage the body to heal the area. Maybe do pilates if you feel up to it.
>>
>>36257981

This. GPs are shit for doing no investigations, they want to fob you off with ibuprofen seen as its not a problem now - then if it gets worse you go to A&E and its still not their problem.

Ive been to GPs for skin issues, allergies, dietary tests, sexual health, mental health and back pain in my time - all the main categories that they engage with - and every single time without fail they have been useless and any solutions have come from my own research and treatment.
>>
>>36257058
>>36257981

There are fisical rehab doctors in most hospitals, you can just go to one of them, they'll give you a routine, it's better than following a routine made by an anonymous anime themed fitness board.
>>
>>36257925
Money.

>>36257981
>>36258486
Well I know that. That's why I've went to chiros and physiotherapists. They still don't know.

>>36258444
Not me (OP), but I'm pretty much never going to deadlift again. It's just too much of a risk. Call me a pussy, but I want to have good posture by at least 40.
>>
>>36257058
>Can't work lower back
>Stops working out all together

You're never gunna make it.
>>
>>36259444
Eh, I don't have an excuse. It's my fault for hurting my back and having to stop working out entirely just because of it.

A better reply would be a better routine, though.
>>
>>36259472
better routine for me*
>>
>>36259502
You can do literally anything other than things that pressure your lower back, bench, leg press, literally any bicep or tricep exercises. I don't know what you're lifting for, but you can easily avoid any pressure on your lower back and work every muscle in your body besides lower back.
>>
>>36259550
Yeah, but won't that cause imbalance in my routine/strength/body?

>goals
To be honest I tried out powerlifting but I don't think I like it that much. So maybe just aesthetics tier.
>>
>>36257058
You are not going to the right doctors. Go to a physiotherapist. Preferably one that works with teams and stuff or has great creditentials.

I'm willing to bet that what you have is a muscle imbalance causing repetative strains. You will be needing lots of massaging and proper streching.

And no you have no slipped disk because believe me you would know it if you had it.
>>
File: 1456366673729.jpg (69 KB, 669x904) Image search: [Google]
1456366673729.jpg
69 KB, 669x904
>>36257058
>they can't find out what's wrong or they all tell me different stuff
>>pt didn't work either
>>haven't lifted in 18 months

18 fucking months?

Sounds like you have a case of "psychosomatic menstruation".

Put a tampon in and fuck off.
>>
>>36257058
I shit fucked my upper and low back with years of abuse and ended up following a similar "Movement" approach to Ido Portal's. Now I am able to train heavy with no pain.
>>
>>36257058
I was in this situation. Don't deadlift.

Start doing very very light squats- just the bar. Increase the weight 5 lbs per workout. Keep your back absolutely straight as an arrow. If you feel pain, stop for a few weeks to a few months and start over again. When you are not doing squats just do bench press, pullups, curls, shrugs.

As long as you can do squats you will be ok.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.