[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is a good alternative to beer? i eat healthy and work out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: ab.jpg (52 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
52 KB, 630x420
what is a good alternative to beer?

i eat healthy and work out but enjoy beer too much. i think i just need alcohol socially.

i'm not here to be told why alcohol is bad or that i'm an alcoholic.

just curious what is a good alternative to beer. i'm not gravitating to whiskey due to mixing with coke which has too much sugar, which i'm trying to avoid more than alcohol.

something i can drink leisurely without getting shitfaced instantly.
>>
whisky + soda water

highball that shit
>>
>>36237305

i sip bourbon on the rocks
>>
>>36237305
Just sip the whiskey you don't need the coke bro that's for beta guys like Lemmy
>>
>non serious answer
DUDE JUST SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY, NO SICKNESS, NO CALORIES, JUST PURE BLAZING GOODNESS

>serious answer
stop needing alcohol socially. Also, when you wanna drink (cause I understand the enjoyment of a bit of alcohol) go for hard liquor and some mix of something else. Fruit juice isn't the healthiest thing, but mixing with it is better than mixing with fucking coke or dr pepper or some shit like that.

>tfw craft beers are so great
Sucks that there's so many calories.
>>
>>36237388
i could just inhale the alcohol.

i probably need it more mentally than socially. just a fucking break on the weekend. probably borderline alcoholism but we all have a crutch.

i drink pure blonde which is a low carb/low calorie beer but it just makes it easier to drink. instead of 6 i have 10.
>>
>>36237366
>>36237349
what's a good whiskey to drink neat?
>>
>>36237433
Everybody has their pallet it's up to you
>>
>>36237433
jameson on the rocks (or with ginger ale and a lime)
>>
>>36237433
Jameson is very solid for the price
If you're going to try Johnnie Walker just get the black label, the cheaper red label is bottled gasoline
Red Breast Irish Whiskey is probably some of the greatest stuff I've ever had
If you're really looking for flavor nearly any of the big name scotch's will do, just know that the Islay region scotch's, Ardbeg, Laphroaig and so on are very particular, they have an earthy, briny, peaty sort of taste that you'll either love or hate.
>>
>>36237463
Outside of Islay region is there much difference in taste? I tried Laphroaig and really didn't like how peaty it was.
>>
>>36237305
I'm in the same boat. Switched to vodka + water when I decide to have some drinks and it makes a difference. Add some lime/lemon for a bit of flavor. No bloated disgusting feeling for the next few days after like there is with beer.
>>
>>36237305
I like red wine. Actually healthy up to 2 glasses a day.
Much less calories than spirits, and personally, I find liquors are more conducive to over drinking, due to the small servings. Once your palate is used to hard liquors, you'll down a glass in three gulps while everyone around you is barely half-way through their first drink.
Also acts as a beacon for spotting insecure beta plebs, who'll have a go at you because their sense of masculinity relies on what they're drinking.
>>
Try low carb beers. you can get full strength beer with low carbs that taste alright. Or try gin and tonic with lemon.
>>
>>36237305
http://www.eater.com/2016/3/1/11139768/beer-high-protein-barbell-brew
THE ONLY BREW
>>
Drink vodka straight from the bottle.
>>
>>36237721
>Much less calories than spirits
similar to whisky per glass
>>
File: 1455473624289.jpg (268 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1455473624289.jpg
268 KB, 1024x683
>>36237721
>being an articulate niggery biggery poo poo face
>>
>>36237433
Any blended scotch is shit. Lots of poor fags sugges johnny because they don't realize there's good single malt out thee for just a few bucks more. Glenfiddich 12 year is cheap (~30$) and you can drink it straight. If you're really tight on cash, Loch Lommond is pretty good at about half price and still pretty smooth. If you're out with a lady, go for wine. Yellowtail Shiraz is one of my favs. Can't go wrong with a good Merlot though. As for white, I go with Sauvignon blanc.
>>
Ive never understood beer
You dont drink it to get drunk, because you have to drink a million of them
You dont drink it casually, because it tastes like ass

so why are you drinking it
>>
>>36237433
Completely my personal preference, but George Dickel Tennessee No. 12 is what I like to drink. If you're unfamiliar with that sour mash taste, it sort of has that Jack Danniels taste, but is much smoother.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 1000x1000
>>36239185
>>36237433
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>36237774
Per serving. Liquor 2oz. Wine 6oz.
>>
>>36237305
G+T arnold himself recommends it!!!
>>
>>36237366
YOU SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHORE MOUTH ABOUT LEMMY!
>>
>>36237433
JD single barrel or JB choice
>>
>>36239535
*pushes traps in the dirt*
Wtf did you say about lemmy? Hes banged more women then days you've been in puberty.
>>
>>36237433
Bulleit rye, OGD bonded or 114, Evan Williams if broke, Basil Haydens when on sale, Elijah Craig, Kirkland bourbon, Tomatin 12 is fairly cheap and very accessible for a single malt, Yamazaki used to be good for the price but all Japanese whiskey has memed itself to a stupid price, Highland Park is okay too
>>
>>36239191
This stuff is good too, as well as their rye. Also Buffalo Trace
>>
>>36237433
Ok, everybody is recommending you a bunch of normie shit whiskeys, so let me list you a few you actually can enjoy an acquire a taste for instead of that marketing garbage.

In no particular order:

>Laphroaig
>Lagavulin
>Caol Ila
>Ardbeg (for that smokey taste)
>Talisker
>Glenmorangie (a personal favorite)
>Glenlivet
>Talisker

And a wide variety of other good whiskeys if you want to do some research.

Generally the older the whiskey the better, but also more expensive. Some brands have younger whiskeys that can be better than more aged whiskey so age is not a catch all.

When you are drunk as fuck you might as well go for the garbage that the others recommended.
>>
>>36239680
No, people are recommending entry level whisk(e)y. Which is what you do for people who haven't developed a taste for the stuff yet, but sure have them buy an 80$ bottle of scotch and probably hate it.
>>
>>36239702
Your more likely to hate whiskey if you start with garbage.

And thats why I also listed more affordable whiskeys like Laphroaig and Lagavulin first. They are good entry level whiskeys.
>>
Getdrunknotfat.com
>>
File: 1456813888707.jpg (38 KB, 604x437) Image search: [Google]
1456813888707.jpg
38 KB, 604x437
Not OP here but in the same boat.

I don't wanna drink spirits straight because even if I sip I go through a glass way too fast.

Anyone got a good mix for rum? Bitter lemon is normally pretty lo-cal right?

How about those 0 cal drinks, or is that just a lie?
>>
File: 16433647432.jpg (105 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
16433647432.jpg
105 KB, 408x408
To get drunk without drinking a lot there are two easy solutions. I always do either one, usually #1.

>1. Snort a tablespoonful of vodka
>2. Wet a tampon in vodka and jam it up your ass

Say goodbye to gains goblin, and say hello to getting wasted all day erryday.
>>
>>36239800
If we're gonna be dumb-asses you could also eyedrop everclear on your tearglands
>>
File: 23465323456.png (20 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
23465323456.png
20 KB, 600x800
>>36239858
How is it dumb my friend?
>>
>>36239757
Vodka fresca
You're welcome
>>
>>36239175
Good beer tastes good.
>>
>>36239680
>Lagavulin
My nigga, this my Scotch
>>
>VODKA WATER

>be 6'4" fat fuck
>start running in morning
>start drinking in bars every night
>vodka water x 10
>spent too much money
>developed alcohol dependence
>lost 40 pounds in two months
>tripled my number
>I was even proud of a handful of those conquests
>started lifting
>chilled out on the vodka

>vodka water saved me
>>
File: CcKAwfwWEAAMcVp.jpg (73 KB, 960x635) Image search: [Google]
CcKAwfwWEAAMcVp.jpg
73 KB, 960x635
>>36239175
Because non piss beer tastes great
>>
White wine bro

Very versatile. Can be casual drinks, or you can pound it (not carbonated so no bloat) and get fuckin wasted real quick

Less estrogen than beer and if you buy it in big quantities its dirt cheap

Im never goin back to beer

Call me a fag or whatever i dont care
>>
>>36239993
Lambrusco is the shit. Bit carbonated, but still the shit.
>>
File: 1456936722842.jpg (214 KB, 658x595) Image search: [Google]
1456936722842.jpg
214 KB, 658x595
>>36239717
Lavagavulin.. 80+ a bottle.. Entry level..
>>
>>36237305

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXOGS9cilKM
>>
>>36240010
I guess you live somewhere where your getting shafted hard on scotch.

Where I am Lagavulin is never even 80€ and I'm from a country where alcohol is taxed fucking hard. But yeah, I guess Laprhoaig is more entry level than Lagavulin price wise.
>>
>>36237305

Bourbon or Canadian whiskey, start drinking it with a splash of water or ice.

And for all you connoisseurs

>i think i just need alcohol socially.

Dude just wants to have fun, not piss money away.
>>
I just drink whiskey on the rocks or with water.

>>36240005
Probably a "girly" whine but yes, it is the tits.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.