[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can steroids somehow affect the next generation of the roiders?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
Can steroids somehow affect the next generation of the roiders?

I'm thinking - if all men started roiding, would the next generation be more aesthetic/stronk, or are those traits gained from roids non-transferrable?

Thanks.
>>
r u retarded m8
>>
>>36224868
N
>>
The next generation will have gyno and backne from birth.
>>
Everything we do and the surroundings we find ourselves in change the way our body works . It's the basic principle of evolution .

With that said , it's possible that roiders will produce offspring whose bodies will have greater capacity to hold testosterone . However , this process is really slow and it would take a great number of generations to notice it in every single human .

And even in that case , every single descendant of today's roiders would have to roid just so the DNA could adapt and after a while , you could have natties that would look like Frank Zane at his peak .
>>
>>36224868
you just pass on your dna, dude- not your hormone levels.
>>
>>36224914
i hope ur trolling
>>
Roids are an exogenic factor. Therefore, endogenic factors do not change.

No, roiders' spawn won't have higher t-levels.

Also sage
>>
>>36224868
>>36224914
only genetic traits can be inherited
>>
>>36225934
So, why aren't we making genetic steroids f᠎a᠎m?
>>
>>36225934
>he doesn't know about fetal alcohol syndrome
>>
What if the wife roids while pregnant?
>>
if it would be possible to pass it on the only effect it would have is that future generations would produce less and less testosterone because the body doesnt need to produce it anymore when you constantly inject it.
>>
>>36226001
Implying FAS doesn't happen because alcohol is a poison
>>
>>36226001
Not a genetic trait
>>
>>36224868
It would probably take a million years of evolution
>>
>>36224914
>>36226001
Why do you even bother talking about shit you have obviouly done literally zero research into? What is the point in pretending to be an expert in something when you obviously have no idea what you're taking about? Genuine question. You could just not say anything and learn from people who do know and then actually have the knowledge you need to impress people next time the conversation comes up. Instead you just look like idiots now and will continue to do so until you wise up
>>
File: 1449461282519.gif (2 MB, 280x202) Image search: [Google]
1449461282519.gif
2 MB, 280x202
>>36224868
da phuc?!
>>
>>36224868
we need to put pregnant women on gear and see the result
>>
>>36226591
Evolution doesn't work that way

there is no natural selection there is no evolution

and we're not really by it anymore
>>
>>36225934
That's not true though. Epigenetic traits can be inherited. Educate yourself. http://www.nature.com/news/epigenetics-the-sins-of-the-father-1.14816
>>
>>36224868
Lots of people are saying you're wrong, but there's evidence of similar effects occuring due to epigenetics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgenerational_epigenetic_inheritance
>>
>>36224868
Yh they'll be such low tests and be dependent on roids to live
>>
>>36224868
Do you even have a brain?
>>
>>36224868
only in women
>>
Well,it's not a simple question. But, to summarize it, it would take a dozen of centuries of men on roid to see if some of them, more receptive to roid, are able to offspring more capable children and more receptive too. Survival of the fittest.

Therefore theses more receptive offsrpings will reproduce with more ease,transmitting their more receptive gene,bis repetita.

But this shit would take more than a thousand year and I'm sure OP's faculty to swallow dick in his ass is far more prone to be transmitted.
>>
>>36224868
shut the fuck up Lamarck
>>
>>36227516
kek
>>
if i dye my hair blonde, will my children be blonde?
>>
>>36227516
Ayy

2nd year bio major here, so I'm not an expert but not completely talking out my ass either.

I think there would be epigenetic consequences in offspring if you're fucking up your natural hormone production and balance that bad, but what that would actually manifest itself as is beyond me. I don't think it would be a case of "I got stronk off roids so my kids are stronk". If anything, the opposite might be the case.
>>
>>36227283
Epigenetic inheritance hasnt really been observed in humans, and even the researchers who made the discovery(in mice!) are very reserved about how much it can do.
>>
>>36227589
>2nd year bio major
>not talking out of my ass

kek, nice job trying to sound smart in that second sentence, being a sophomore bio major really makes you sound smart. just remember the first 3 years of a bio major curriculum can be learned online for free, the last year you actually learn because it's different at each university.
>>
>>36224868
Babies get testosterone from their mothers, right? Maybe if the mother made roids baby would get it and if the baby is a girl that would transfer it to her baby. Sorta like mitochondrial dna.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but exercise can alter your DNA, right? You would think that since steroids increase the effects of exercise, then this change to DNA would be more pronounced?
>>
>>36227820
modern science says only diseases can alter human dna m8
>>
>>36224879
he actually not
steroids change your genes
what genes are expressed is controlled by the epigenetics and he's actually spot on with what he thinks
>>
>>36224915
>pass on your dna
literally the genetic code that determines what your hormonal profile is

fucking hell mate
>>
>>36227839
Are you sure about that? It's been a while since I read about it, but isn't it possible for certain genes to be "turned on/off" even if the actual DNA is impossible to change?
>>
>>36227839
no it doesn't
>>
>>36227874
Called gene expression,
If a gene gets methylated it will be expressed at a decreased rate or not at all
>>
>>36227321
This guy got it right.

Under normal, non-roiding circumstances, women are more likely to pick the males who are naturally the most muscular and reproduce with them. Thus, the offspring is likely to inherit their father's genes for muscularity.

With roids though, you have guys who have 0 genetics for building muscle, but because of the roids, they are more muscular than the guys with actually good genetics. Women can't tell the difference between real deal and the fake thing, so they will reproduce with the roiders, ensuring that the offspring are likely to not be muscular at all.
>>
Man you people are stupid. This is literally 9th grade biology, pay attention.

Lamarckism is what OP is talking about, and it's bullshit. Not how evolution works.
>>
>>36224868
Senior in Evolution, Behavior and Ecology
Steroids don't change your DNA, they facilitate expression of certain genes.
The changes brought on by steroids are probably not inheritable, however other anons are correct when they talk about epigenetic factors. Maybe steroid use alters the methylation of certain genes. (Methyl groups attach to DNA and inhibit gene expression)

Regardless, the children of roiders are more likely to roid for two reasons:

There is combination of genes possessed by the father that affects risk-benefit calculations, decision making and traits of that nature , leading them to make decisions like roiding, this gene or combination might be passed to the kid. Roiding specifically is not passed down, the kid might be more likely to gamble, for example.

The roiders also provide a body image that their children might want to obtain. The only way to obtain this is through roiding. Furthermore, the fathers might support steroid use
>>
>>36227858

Steroids affect gene expression, not the DNA itself.

It COULD have an affect if the mother was the roider, but not the dude.
>>
>>36227874
no I was talking out of my ass
>>
>>36224914
Please tell me you don't vote and your job is bagging groceries.
>>
>>36224868
>>36224914
Did you guys fail high school.
This is not how genetics and evolution work.
>>
>>36224868
How does he shit?
>>
>>36228873
It must be amazing to shit with the turd cutter that strong.
>>
>>36228006
Why the mother?
>>
>>36228852
>Thinking genetics is real
>Buying into Darwinism
>"Evolution is totally true!"

Congrats. You got cucked like a duck that's stuck in muck chasing a puck.
>>
>>36228952
The baby eats what the mother eats.
>>
We already have enough 16-18 year old on roids trying to be Jeff Seid 2.0 and everyone is always trying to set the bar for aesthetics.The instagram roiders of today make Zyzz's physique seem natty.
>>
>>36231006
So the baby has been eating my dick the whole time?
>>
>>36224914
>basic principle of evolution
Implying it's anything other than shiftd in allele frequencies in populations
Seeing as this is apparently a meme science thread I declare that Jean-Baptiste Lamarck was based and Charles Darwin was a massive idiot
Also Gregor Mendel had sex with plants
>>
>>36224914
You sound like you're touching upon epigenetics but you're having a tough time
>>
I have NEVER taken steroids and my son is stronk.

My beautiful stronk boy.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.