[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shrugs in squat rack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21 KB, 480x360
How do you guys feel about shrugs in the squat rack?

At my university gym we have 6 squat racks, and I was waiting for one of them to open up. I had a guy come up to me and ask if I was waiting on a squat rack and if he could work in with me. I told him I was gunna be doing shrugs and then he told me that was a big nono in the lifting community. Just curious what yall think.
>>
Where else in the gym can I load 5pl8 on a bar and have it at mid-thigh height ready for me to pull up and shrug? I am open to suggestions. I also don't want to have to move 10 plates across the gym to some corner when the squat racks already have the plates right there.
>>
>>36218163
I doubt you can successfully shrug 5pl8. Try using dumbbells instead
>>
The "squat" rack is also for OHP, that guy's just being a tool
>>
>>36218097
If you shrug with a straight bar in front of you painlessly, you're a dicklet.
>>
If you can't deadlift at least 200 kg for reps, you have no reason to do shrugs.
There are better exercises, and the traps have more than just one function
>>
>>36218170
Is this a technique critique thread now? Can I double-overhand 5pl8 without wraps and pausing two seconds at the top with shoulders rotated back for 15 reps for 3-4 sets? No.
>>
>>36218097

>doing shrugs

i allways lel at those people
>>
Shrugs are the most pointless exercise I can think of. My traps get worked with a regular deadlift, and like 90% of the people I see shrugging are not at such a high level of lifting that they need to isolate their traps
>>
>>36218097
>nono in the lifting community
I hope you told him if it's a problem then he can go wait for another rack
>>
>>36218191
jokes on you, I don't have a dick
#rekt
>>
>>36218308
Then I guess you can shrug with a straight bar.
But joking aside though, I need to Hex-bar shrug because
a.) dick2big
b.) butt2big
If i back shrug, ass gets in the way. If i front shrug, my dick gets annihilated.
>>
>>36218331
Same happens to me with snatch grip deadlift.
>>
>>36218163
By deadlifting it, pussy.
>>
>>36218375
>calling others pussy
so much edge
>>
>>36218221
another if you can't do x for y don't bother with z
>>
>>36218221
>If you can't deadlift at least 200 kg for reps, you have no reason to do shrugs.
>>
>>36218097
people at my uni are always doing shrugs on either the bench press bench or the incline press bench. But nobody ever used the incline press so thats ok, doing it on the bench press is not cool
>>
>>36218531

on the bench itself?
>>
>>36218267
Your either a traplet or one of those autists doing power cleans
>>
>>36218584

>what is shoulderpress
>what are lateral raises
>what are bent over lateral raises
>what are facepulls
>what are deadlifts

if you have to shrug to grow traps you are confirmed LOW TEST since most alpha receptors are located in the delts and the traps and its allmost impossible to not hit them hard enough with a decent routine.
>>
>>36218692
So traplet it is then
>>
>>36218719

Why are you dyels even posting here?
Back to your /mlp/ shithole or wherever you came from.
>>
>>36218097
Deadlift the shrug up. Proper shrug with scapula pulled back is going to be about 80% of your max deadlift.

>>36218170
Clean the weight up, pussy
>>
>>36218766
you are the maddest traplet I've ever seen
>>
>>36218692
Post traps.

Just like side delts, traps cannot get too big as a natty.

The more volume your traps can handle the better.

Traps get fucking nothing from ohp, push press, or shoulder raises of any kind (not even rear delt)

They will get activated, but no real hypertrophy
Heavy cleans, deadlift, and shrugs are a must.

>current year
>not shrugging more than you squat
>>
>>36218546
they unrack the weight while straddling the bench and do shrugs while still straddling it, staring at themselves in the mirror on the wall
>>
>>36218169
>>36218097
>dude comes into my gym everyday
>loads 5 plates onto the bar in the power rack
>shrugs it for one rep
>doesnt even finish the rep
>drops the bar
>loudly claps his hands together
>yells "IT FEELS GOOD"

he does this every fucking day. i havent seen him do any other excersizes
>>
>>36218097
>Shrugs
How I know you don't deadlift heavy?
>>
>>36218719
holy shit you're cancer, kys
>>
>>36218493
>le edge meme
Shut up pussy
>>
>>36218097
I hate it right now because the bars at my gym are shitty and guys doing shrugs and then just dropping the weight on the safeties has fucked at least 4 bars. Plus deadlifting hits my traps just fine
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.