[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stay mentally /fit/? Specifically, mood swings, if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 1452531240157.png (467 KB, 432x653) Image search: [Google]
1452531240157.png
467 KB, 432x653
How do you stay mentally /fit/?

Specifically, mood swings, if anyone knows
>>
>>36207231
Stop taking steroids and read the meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>>
File: cheeba-chews.png (891 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
cheeba-chews.png
891 KB, 1000x662
>>36207231
>>
>>36207231
antidepressants
>>
>>36207231
literally
keeping a positive mental attitude
>>
listening to music like vids related and well just think about my life and stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZWHVo-t2Vo
>>
>>36207231
Lift moar.
/thread
>>
Anytime I get sad I force myself to be angry. Anger is one of the best things ever invented
>>
Talking to people and struggling to defeat my lack of motivation so when I actually do something I feel content.

Also lsd.
>>
>>36207246
I tried reading that but it was too tough

I might be dumb. Please recommend a dumber book for dumb people like me
>>
File: 09-how-to-read-a-book.jpg (14 KB, 220x362) Image search: [Google]
09-how-to-read-a-book.jpg
14 KB, 220x362
>>36208260
>>
>>36208282
Will that book help me read classics?
>>
File: 1455086300281.gif (999 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1455086300281.gif
999 KB, 500x650
>>36207231
anime
>>
>>36207231
I use the Irish method of coping: I lump all my feelings in one place, then one day I'll die.
>>
File: anl tror.jpg (32 KB, 439x337) Image search: [Google]
anl tror.jpg
32 KB, 439x337
>>36208327
only if you're a faggot

(like me)

>>36207231
Our mind is the hardest thing to control. If you're struggling with mood swings then I'd recommend meditation or any other sort of calming mechanism. Meditation balls, stress balls, whatever.

Apart from small coping mechanisms, the best medicine is time. Usually these things are temporary, or at the very least fade/become easier to deal with over time. You might always struggle but you'll understand how to deal with your mind better as you get older.

Remember, we're all gonna make it, brah.
>>
>>36208315

That was a memepost, but I'll help you. Books like this teach you how to read everything, so it's worth it in the long term.

Just Google stoicism re: that Meditations book.
>>
>>36208371
I read a lot, it's just I have difficulty understanding classical writers. Pretty much anybody after 1800 is fine; it's the stuff before that where I sometimes have trouble understanding what they're saying

Obviously, it depends on the translation. Perhaps I just need to look for dumber ones
>>
>>36208178
Nice tracks anon, I dig.
>>
>>36207231
What painting is this? I actually love it.
>>
>>36208545
"Seid Embracing Zyzz" by Leonardo DiCaprio.
>>
>>36208545
Ivan the Terrible and His Son Ivan on November 16, 1581 by Ilya Repin
>>
>>36208611
>Ivan naming his son Ivan
god bless those crazy Slavs and their memes
>>
>>36208624
He named his son after himself, and then killed him
>>
Over training for me led to bad mood swings, i was going pretty much daily for months. Now I make sure I get at least 2 days off a week and I'm fine
>>
>>36207246
how will reading a book by some old faggot that died centuries ago help me?
>>
>>36207231
Are you on Tren or bipolar?
>>
File: 1456640525718.jpg (3 MB, 5090x3420) Image search: [Google]
1456640525718.jpg
3 MB, 5090x3420
>>36208545
I actually started digging art. Just looking at the pictures & thinking. Take this one, for example - The Ninth Wave by Aivazovsky. Fucking powerful
>>
>>36209381
Here we see a post, the anon that posted this was once a normal person but he has now turned into a fucking pretentious nigger faggot
>>
>>36207231
Cardio is the best kind of exercise for your mind.

I've change up my routine so I do 45 minutes of cardio 3 days a week, and then strength train 2 other days a week.

(tfw depressed for almost 2 decades now)
>>
>>36208545
the story behind it is that they were in an argument and and The father struck the son with his cane, unintentionally fatally wounding him.

you can see the despair, regret, and grief in his eyes.
>>
>>36209397
Come on, how does that make me pretentious? Just trying to help the guy
>>
File: qweewd.png (1 MB, 992x564) Image search: [Google]
qweewd.png
1 MB, 992x564
>>36209381
so true
>>
OP did you make a thread about this the other day? If that was you, I responded but maybe it 404'd before you saw?
>>
>>36208253
Love lsd, dropping with a qt this weekend
>>
>>36209365
OP here. No.

Tips on how to meditate well? I've tried doing it before, but I can't stop being tense when sitting up, and I fall asleep if I'm laying down
>>
>>36209381
Been a big fan of art for a while now. Pic in OP is probably my favorite painting. It does help to sometimes sit down and forget about the world by looking at works of talent.
>>36210326
Not me. Was it the 1 reply one?
>>
>>36208245
Kek
>>
>>36211329
To meditate you need to focus on being present. I used to make the mistake of actively trying to shut up my inner monologue. What you need to do initially is focus on sounds, feelings and what you can see. As you passively observe the world around you exhale longer than you inhale to slow your heart rate. As you relax you will mildly hallucinate. Try and hold this mental state for as long as you can by peacefully observing and breathing steadily.
>>
>>36207231
I need help on this too. Apparently I'm a really nice guy and do well with friends and acquaintences but I'm a dick to my siblings supposedly.

Apparently telling them they're stupid after doing stupid shit takes its toll on them, it's come to a head with a family intervention even. How do I make myself nicer toward family? I treat them as I would anyone else in that I call them out for stupid shit when I supposedly should make concessions because they're my siblings. Also apparently constantly insulting them isn't good even if as a joke. Friends are easy but family is very hard, help guys I just don't understand it.
>>
>>36208605
Kek
>>
>>36211329
And my feelings I mean physical touch. The floor supporting your body, the tickle of air going in and out of your nostrils. If you feel emotional when you relax that's normal, just let the tears flow and keep breathing steadily as you embrace the inevitable sadness and relief of finally letting go.
>>
>>36211678
Definitely trying this tomorrow. Much appreciated
>>
>>36211702
No problem. When you notice the world around you try to describe what each aspect is like. Even if you start off talking to yourself.
>>
>>36211687
Your siblings build their perceptions of social interaction through how their family treat them. You are their baseline. Instead of being scolding, advise them. You're their brother and they see you as a confidante.
>>
>>36211757
I had that train of thought, if I treat them as I would anyone else in the real world their social interactions will be just fine. I've never given thought to this because desu I'm not very close with them, we might say a word to each other every now and then and that's it. Somehow my sister finds this terrible and wishes we were closer but I'm just not that kind of guy, how do I make myself become that kind of guy? I want to be nicer and there for her but as it is I'm just not and don't care. I'm not some cold callous cunt don't get me wrong, I'm just not the affectionate brother she craves for some stupid reason
>>
Playing smash bros with friends while drinking and speeding on my bike.

>Fucked for the first time in about a year yesterday
>Didn't nut
>Fucked her again today
>Got bored halfway thru and just ate her out
>She came hard
>Part I enjoyed the most was when I was saying bye and she started feeling my gains
>>
>>36207231
Impailing Khazars worked for Ivan. Just sayin, maybe something to it
>>
>>36211773
But you are treating them according to your perception of the world. It's unreliable narration. You should see yourself as source of knowledge and comfort. You are supposed to be a supportive part of their life.
>>
I'll sit in bed and focus on my pleasant memories. Just recall good times I had, times I made my parents proud, cute girls I've been with, clever remarks I've made with perfect comedic timing, just mull over them all and mentally jack myself off. All these rich and happy memories. I'll wake up at 6 when the sun shines through the window, then just doze in and out of consciousness trying my best to relive these wonderful moments until I finally roll out of bed in the early afternoon. But these memories are all 5 years old or more. I had a depressive spell like most americans, and I've been coming out of it, but fuck somewhere along the way I got addicted to just recalling fond memories. Sometimes it'll be a complete fabrication of mine, I'll imagine if an encounter had gone differently the previous day, if I went over to the hobo and took him under my wing and helped him get his life on track. I'll spend a few minutes on this, then I'll get a warm feeling inside, as if it had really happened.

Does anyone else have a marked interest in recalling/fabricating fond events just for the feelgood of it?
>>
>>36212062
Rarely, often do the opposite
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.