[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy clean and jerks 246kg. The guy on the left. This PROVES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
This guy clean and jerks 246kg.

The guy on the left.

This PROVES that lifting has NOTHING to do with aesthetics. If you have bad genetics, you're FUCKED.
>>
just use compounds like tren or mast and you'll look like the right one
>>
>Look rainbowdash, i post it again
>>>/r9k/
>>
Lel OP doesn't know how calories in vs calories out works

He'd be aesthetic if he gave a shit about it and ate less, you don't clean and jerk that much and not have a solid muscle base
>>
>>36203835
He didn't clean and jerk looking like that. That's what he looked like after months of time off
>>
>>36203835
In other part of the vid you can see that Ilya's legs are significantly bigger. And it's obvious that's it's not aesthetics that generates the power. Therefore you're stupid.
>>
>>36203835
>the muscles he doesnt train arent developed! This means lifting has nothing to do with aesthetics!
>>
>>36203873
he was taking time off from lifting
>>
>>36203835
>Hasn't lifted in months
>Looks like shit

No way
>>
File: Lifting heavy builds muscle.jpg (39 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
Lifting heavy builds muscle.jpg
39 KB, 670x377
>>36203835
>doing an str routine for cha

Just do a bb routine if you want gains
>>
>>36203835
playing devils advocate here but

it also proves that going off cycle and taking time off makes you look like a loser
>>
>>36203835
>This guy clean and jerks

I personally jerk then clean to each their own i guess.
>>
>>36203954
lol at flexing his abs

some srs body dysmorphia going on in this manlet
>>
This is such a stupid thread. This pic was taken, when ilya was taking time off from lifting.

Also, you don't need biceps and pecs much at all in weightlifting. It would be stupid to put mass on them.
>>
File: ilya ilyin.jpg (31 KB, 350x467) Image search: [Google]
ilya ilyin.jpg
31 KB, 350x467
>>36203989
And this is him "on season", pumped, just after a contest.

The greatest weightlifter of all time has a body which is indistinguishable from any sedentary guy in his mid 50s.

Genetics = Life.
>>
Strength =/= Aesthetics
>>
>>36203835
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>36204087
>sedentary guy in his mid 50s

>those triceps
>those delts
>those quads

yeah no my man
>>
>>36204087
You're a joke dude. Just keep doing your curls, hoping you'll someday look like your boyfriend..

If you really can't see any muscle on him, i feel sorry for your eyes
>>
>clean and jerk
Is that when you jerk off in the shower? That's a lot of cum.
>>
File: pantsu pepe.jpg (33 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
pantsu pepe.jpg
33 KB, 396x385
>>36203835
D-don't bully Ilya-sempai
;_;
>>
don't really know what you mean OP,looks muscular to me, regardless he trains for his sport, not muscle size.

And speaking about bad genetics, Klokov has different length legs.
>>
>>36203835
training for aesthetics =/= training for strength
>>
How can people who do the same sport look so completely different?
>>
>>36204600
klokov has done body building and competed as a body builder, hence he trained for his sport but also at times for bodybuilding.
>>
>>36204600
hypertrophy for show muscles is a choice every athlete can do

maybe also a reason why ilya is on the top of his sport
>>
>>36203983
I think that's just min/maxing irl. He has all the muscle for Olympic lifts and nothing extra.
>>
Here's my theory:

Most of you guys on /fit/ are doing 5x5 ss. When it is known that muscle hypertrophy occurrs the most between 6-12 rep range. Meanwhile the best strength gains that you can achieve happen between the 1-5 rep range. You can be really strong and look unaesthetic because you're training for strength and not for muscle mass. Either way, you're going to build muscle when you get strong but not like when you train for aesthetics. Plus it depends on your routine, if you're on a weightlifting or powerlifting routine, you'll probably be a lot stronger than a bodybuilder, but a bodybuilder would look more defined and aesthetic.
>>
>>36204721
And also, when you're training for strength most of the mass will be in your legs and spinal erectors. You don't really train your show muscles like bodybuilders.
>>
>>36204822
>>36204721
That's why the best kind of routine once you get a strength base form SS is a PHUL.
>>
>>36204600

left = natty

right = juicer
>>
>>36204858
>strength base

I fucking hate this meme
>>
>>36204721
ignorance, the post
>>
>>36204493
Not to mention calves
>>
>>36204999
he's right, you fat wannabe powerlifter
>>
>>36205093
No, he isn't. To say '6-12 builds muscle, 1-5 builds strength' is a sign of complete ignorance.
>>
>>36205103
Nice evidence you used to back up your post.

>Huurrr yall ignant!!
>>
File: Table-3[1].jpg (23 KB, 516x218) Image search: [Google]
Table-3[1].jpg
23 KB, 516x218
>>36205103
He said best strength gains happens in 1-5 rep range, and best hypertrophy happens in 6-12 range. Ofc you'll get stronger in 6-12 range, and build muscles in 1-5, but that's not the optimal way. Optimal is the key word here
>>
File: Rep%20continuum[1].jpg (47 KB, 867x361) Image search: [Google]
Rep%20continuum[1].jpg
47 KB, 867x361
>>36205273
>>
>>36205224
Didn't see him (you?) give any either so...

>>36205273
>>36205299
Those tables are a simplification. What matters is total number of reps/tonnage (some even say it's the amount of hard sets).
Doing 10 heavy triples will give you the same, if not more, size as doing 3 tens. Do you seriously think doing one more rep per set (5 vs 6) will make any significant difference?
The only reason those recommendations exist is time efficiency (why would someone who doesn't really care about maxes spend more time doing 2x more sets) and injury prevention (especially with roiders)
>>
>>36205476
I don't need to give evidence. It's unanimously agreed upon in the fitness industry. Google it.
>>
Daily reminder that the gap 6-8 doesn't make shit.
>>
>>36205827
And what I said is unanimously agreed upon among coaches with decades of experience.
Fitness industry is full of shit.
>>
>>36205899
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>36205908
Go listen to your favourite fake natty youtuber. He surely gives best advice.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.