[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your injuries Rotator cuff tear Broken wrist ligament
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: giphy (2).gif (633 KB, 261x352) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
633 KB, 261x352
Tell me about your injuries

Rotator cuff tear
Broken wrist ligament
Fugged up my back mang
>>
Sprained left wrist
torned Coracobrachialis
Hip sub-luxation
piriforme syndrome
Flat left foot
>>
>>36182791
you still a big boi with that shit going on?
>>
brootal
>>
>>36182818
I started med college and everything went shit, now I'm restarting.
>>
>>36182746
Two severe sprained ankles I never got checked, led to my feet supinating inward due to ankle weakness

Pretty sure my knees are on their way out too

Currently waiting for bicep and lat Doms to heal. I can't lift or extend my arms
>>
>>36182846
>ankle sprains and doms
why are you posting in here?
>>
>>36182846
I asked my doc to get me an MRI for my shit and she was just like "nope lol I'm a feminist it's your fault bitch now suffer"

Wtf is wrong with this society like fuck
>>
None because I'm not a faggot who disregarded form and put up weight they couldn't handle. Leave your ego at the door and enjoy a long healthy life.
>>
>>36182910
Shit happens...I tore up my shoulder just sleeping
>>
>>36182746
Rotator cuff tear in my left shoulder
Plantar fasciitis in my left foot
Partially severed tendon in my left thumb which prevents me from having a full range of motion in that thumb.

I really keep on fucking up my left side
>>
>>36182951
I fucked up my right side on my upper and left side on my bottom
>>
I severed my AC ligament - lost all my gains. Couldn't bench press the bar without searing pain, the doctor told me I wouldn't be able to press again.

Now I'm putting 170 over my head for reps. Though, my left trapezius is completely untrained and non-functioning and my collar bone is permanently popped.

If you get maimed, bros? Just keep at it. Don't give up.
>>
How do ya'll know the names?
I went to the doctor with chest pain and she said I tore a muscle in my chest and to go away. Now my shoulder blade on the same side hurts too. Been happening on/off for about a year, worse when I do bench too hard. It sux.

About 6 months ago I fucked something in my lower back from working out/work strain and couldn't walk for a couple days and it took about 4 months to recover + chiro.
>>
>>36182984
How'd it happen anon?
>>
Don't care about injuries we're freaks.
>>
>>36182863
The Doms was from hyper extending during weighted pull ups.
>>36182898
Might want to just go to another doctor.
>>
Fractured occipital condyle

That's one of the two little pieces of bone that connect your spine to the base of your skull

Shit

sucked
>>
tore my chest doing dips twice, first time it was 2 weeks off, second time it was over a month and i'm still feeling it a bit

fugged my back doing tricep pull downs,not sure where but i think it was connective tissue

hurt my feetie 2 but its ok now
>>
>>36183957
i also have this weid hand pain that comes on when i do certain things like dumbbell chest press, it feels like my pinkie finger is on fire when the weight goes down on one side and pulls on my hand
>>
>>36183941
>Putting the bar on your neck
>>
>>36183005

Half a handle of 151 + being stuck in a car with friends of friends + schizophrenic break = abandon ship. Was pure stupidity on my part, never should have gotten that drunk - especially around people I was unfamiliar with - but it is what it is.
>>
>>36183980

Nah was running

Got hit by van

>jaywalking
>>
>>36184020
kek, retard
>>
Let's see..

>Splintered L4, L5 vertebrae
>Broken collarbone (x2)
>Broken both wrists and left hand
>Broken left ankle
>Minor MCL tear (no surgery, just PT)
>Minor rotator cuff injury (no surgery, just PT)
>Torn groin muscle
>Broken heel
>Broken nose (not too noticeable)
>One serious concussions that required CAT scans and a few other not so serious head injuries

Such is life in high-impact sports
>>
>>36184039

Considering how quickly I recovered from the accompanying traumatic brain injury, I don't think so.

Dumb move, though. No clue what I was thinking cause I have no memory of the event.
>>
>>36182746
My shoulder hurts. Should I avoid any shoulder related workouts for a while? I ended up doing better today despite my injury.
>>
>>36184054
try not to hurt it, shoulder injuries can be really bad
>>
>>36184043
High impact sports? Wtf are you doing? Competing as a crash test dummy?
>>
>>36182746
I broke my dick off in ur mum last night faggit
>>
>>36184020
Damn.
>>
>>36182898
Either b8 or you should sue
>>
>>36184059
I didn't do rear deltoids or chest flies today, but I did more lateral raises. The first 3 sets didn't hurt, but when I did a couple more sets in a different position my shoulder started hurting more.

Should I just not workout for a week? I haven't done dips in two weeks because of it, and I don't want to compound the injury.

I think that a couple weeks off for it to heal would serve me better than pushing myself too hard.

I did better on OHP today, and I was able to do 2x6 @ 225lb Bench Press today (last 3 sets were at 215lb) which was a huge jump for me
>>
>>36182746
I don't know if this counts as an injury but I raced dirtbikes very competitively for a long portion of my life (most of my childhood through my teens). As a result I have one fucked shoulder that has just grinded down over time. that hurts like shit any time I bench or any variation of bench. But I have very juicy delts which is tight.
>>
I posted this earlier om copy/pasting it.

Tore 90% of my pec tendon, tore my bicep, ruptured the muscle belly in my pec. About a year and a half ago because i got the smart idea to do a bench workout 2 times in a day then try maxing out after words. Got 310 said fuck it and went for 315 a snap and a velcro tearing sound later and i was fucked. After depression and other factors i started lifting again a month ago. Im back at 2plates and it feels good. My goal is to lift what injured me.
>>
Right hand has gotten worse over the last year to the point that I couldn't even hold the bar on Thursday. I used to bench 405 and now I'm a fuccboi.
>>
>>36184117
just try avoid hurting it. the reason i fucked my chest is because it only hurt a little bit so i just kept doing dips and fighting through the little bit of pain and ended up in snap city.

no reason to do nothing though, even when i fucked it up i took a day off and went back. i just did everything i could to avoid hurting it
>>
File: 1453096510092.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1453096510092.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
weightlifters shoulder (distal clavicle osteolysis)
bicep muscle belly tear

This bicep issue has persisted for almost 18 months and repeated time off has not eliminated it. Very frustrating considering its inoperable.
>>
>>36184134
Oh yeah and also my left pec is permanatly deformed from this
>>
>>36182746
Right wrist is kill. Probably injured ligament or some soft tissue shit. Can still bench/dl my usual weight for reps but unfortunately pull ups and ohp are a no go. It could be worse so im still thankful
>>
>>36184153
I'm thinking about doing a deload.

It hurts to just lift my arm, I think I might stick to cardio, legs (and I'm going to avoid squats) and some light exercises that might touch upon the shoulders. I mean there's no deadline to training, but a bad injury could end everything.
>>
>>36184224
yeah, if it hurts that bad don't fuck it up, it's definitely not worth it and shoulders fuck up everything. maybe you could just have one huge side
>>
>>36184222
Btw
The wrist injury is from falling down and my hand catched my weight in an awkward position
>>
File: 1449407932804.jpg (1 MB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
1449407932804.jpg
1 MB, 2963x4192
Patellar tendonitis and wrist injury thanks to football and retarded parents who wouldn't let me go see a doc about the injury.
>>
Caladan should post here
>>
>>36182746
ankle fucked up from fracturing heel
separated shoulder
slipped disc
torn acl
torn lcl
torn popliteal
fractured vertebrata
broken radius]
broken metacarpal
and finally
>tfw no gf
>>
>>36184134
Go anon, make us proud. Make that weight your bitch.
>>
>>36182746
Any tips for a newbie to avoid injury? I really don't wanna fuck my shit up famalam.
>>
>>36184073

Snowboarding

I pretty much average at least one semi-serious injury a year. I don't compete anymore though.
>>
Broken Toe
Broken Collarbone
Pilonidal Cyst
Broken Tailbone

I would take all the broken bones at the same time over the Pilonidal Cyst, boys if you feel a bump in your buttcrack that hurts dont wait on it, get that shit checked out.
>>
>>36182746
completely broke my ulna and radius
tore my erector spinae in the lumbar column of my spine
sprained ankles?
>>
>>36184411
Before starting going "LOL MUH WEIGHTS/REPS" master correct form of any exercise.
>>
Not 24 hours ago I snapped my collarbone rolling down a hill.
Fuck I'm dumb.
>>
File: varicocele.jpg (38 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
varicocele.jpg
38 KB, 800x600
varicose veins around my left nut

pic related
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.