[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your experience with these MyProtons fuckers? Are their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: my-protein-logo.jpg (17 KB, 478x331) Image search: [Google]
my-protein-logo.jpg
17 KB, 478x331
What is your experience with these MyProtons fuckers?
Are their protein things any good? They're prices are pretty low and that's what drew me to them, but aside from a college acquaintance (who buys it because of the price), I've heard nothing of the brand. Is it good for the money?

I wanna buy me some whey isolate and creatine from them but I'm so damn cheap i really want to make sure I'm not throwing money out the window.

Bonus question:
If buying unflavored, how do I go about to flavor the whey? I don't want to feel like I'm drinking chalkwater after every workout.
Also:
>what are their flavors like? Any you'd recommend? Any you'd stay away from?
I cut out sweets entirely for the past 3 months and if I buy some shit like strawberry (which as far as i recall, has a distinctively fake and overly sweet aroma, at least when it comes to artificial flavoring).
>>
Only experience I have with them is some powered oats I got and a 5kilo bag of strawberry whey flavoured with stevia instead of sugar. It's was alright for the money but I got fucking sick of it after a while. Never tried any of the other flavours.
>>
>>36137508
Check out labdoor. MyProtein is the highest rated protein powder I think. It's quality protons.

Supplement industry is shady as fuck so I only get powder from reputable companies.

I have only tried the chocolate flavor and it's alright. Definitely had better tasting protein powders but it is drinkable so I keep using it. I mix it with almond milk.
>>
>>36137508
It's pretty sick, mixes well and tastes well. What else do you need?

Tons of flavours too. Chocolate Brownie is hard to go wrong with, not that sweet and very easy to clean. (a few other flavours feels more synthetic and takes longer to clean)
>>
yep its legit. other sources (like labdoor) vouch for its high quality.

I got 11 lb whey isolate in strawberry cream which was a great flavor that my friend recommended. i also got 2 lb creatine in watermelon, but i barely use creatine anymore. The entire order came out to $60-70 which was incredible in itself. Still havent finished either bag.

The 11 lb whey comes in a bag not a tub which might be a nuisance. The bags dont have great ziploc seals (also annoying)
>>
>>36137508
It is legit bought 2 5.5lb Whey protein $28 each
Only problem is it took 4 weeks to ship to Canada
>>
>>36137508
Their stuff isn't the best quality but it's good for the price. Flavor the shake with cocoa powder. Delicious and much healthier than buying their flavoured chemical gunk
>>
>>36137849
I'm also going to add that unflavoured protein shakes are tasty anyway as long as you use milk. Just tastes like creamier milk, I don't know how people can't like it.
>>
>>36137849
>cocoa powder
It's a wonder how this did not even cross my mind.
>>
>>36137508
>What is your experience with these MyProtons fuckers?
Bought a choc brownie and a vanilla flavoured bag recently. Vanilla is OK, choc brownie is best chocolate related flavour I ever had.
Also they are the cheapest whey available.
Bought a tub of natty pb too, also best I've had. I got some zma too. Font know if it's working, just bought it for the hell of it. Definitely saw some weird dreams, like fighting Darth Maul for example.
>Are their protein things any good? They're prices are pretty low and that's what drew me to them, but aside from a college acquaintance (who buys it because of the price), I've heard nothing of the brand. Is it good for the money?
The only criteria you should have when buying supplements are taste and cost. It is good BECAUSE it costs less money. The product itself is whey, just like with any brand. And you can even read the AA profile of it online (which is standard for whey anyway)
>I wanna buy me some whey isolate and creatine from them but I'm so damn cheap i really want to make sure I'm not throwing money out the window.
Your money will buy you what you want. Whether it is a waste or not depends on your eating habits, sleep and training.
>Bonus question:
>If buying unflavored, how do I go about to flavor the whey? I don't want to feel like I'm drinking chalkwater after every workout.
Search "flavdrops" on their site. Or add cocoa/fruit.
>Also:
>>what are their flavors like? Any you'd recommend?
Chocolate brownie.
>Any you'd stay away from?
Chocolate Coconut. Got a scoop from a friend once. Not bad but not great either.
>I cut out sweets entirely for the past 3 months and if I buy some shit like strawberry (which as far as i recall, has a distinctively fake and overly sweet aroma, at least when it comes to artificial flavoring).
Buy vanilla and add your own fruit if you want a fruity shake. It's what I do.
>>
>>36138015
I love /fit/ because of people like you. Thanks a lot for the in-depth reply.
>>
>>36138015
I was thinking to order a 5 lbs bag of cinnamon danish but I think I'll try chocolate brownie and maybe get some samples
>>
File: 1456337942063.png (426 KB, 501x572) Image search: [Google]
1456337942063.png
426 KB, 501x572
>>36137633
Who's to say labdoor doesn't bump up their products for a couple of quid?
Also mixability isn't great, I'm actually all ears if someone has any other suggestions.
>>
Uk Fag here, ive been using myProtein almost exclusively since i started lifting 2 years ago because of the value, the impact whey chocolate smooth tastes GAF and they always have deals on

I would definitley reccomend
>>
>>36138123
cinnamon danish is nasty af in my experience
>>
>>36138150
just shake harder

also chocolate smooth mixed well for me but strawberry mixes like shit
>>
Bought their unflavored Creatine Monohydrate 1kg and got exactly what I expected. Seems good to me
>>
Been using their whey for about a year (unflavoured, tastes like melted dogshit, who cares though) with 2scoops a day on average, made some gains, so I guess its fine. One annoying thing is that there no amino acid profile on a bag, neither did I find shit on official website, which is weird because usually companies parade their profile like a badge of honor. Whatever analysis I found online suggest adequate quality. Also my bag came with a shoeprint on it, probably fucktards from delivery/customs
>>
File: 0.jpg (90 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
90 KB, 333x333
>>36138345
>my bag came with a shoeprint on it
>>
>>36138231
Yeah I've tried that breh. It just foams up loads and then won't shake.
>Inb4uselessmilk
>>
>>36137508
I recently switched to them, as they have a better selection of shit, and my old place didn't do unflavoured whey.

>If buying unflavored, how do I go about to flavor the whey? I don't want to feel like I'm drinking chalkwater after every workout.

This is what I do, and flavour it myself with stevia, and icing/cake flavourings from a company called Beau.
They're not the cheapest, but they are very strong, so a little goes far.
I rather like mixing their milk chocolate flavour with their marshmallow, and the shake i prepped for after the gym tomorrow is raspberry, with a teaspoon of citric acid in it to give it tang.
>>
>>36137508
They sell flavor packs if you want to add flavor
>>
>>36137508
It is true there is estrogen in whey?
>>
>I used to love ordering from MyProtein many years ago
>Just recently started to sort myself out again
>Got at least 100lbs to lose
>Can barely control what I eat already
>No justifiable reason to buy lots of different flavoured protein

Sucks
>>
Currently I'm using vanilla flavored pea based protein powder made from a chemist near my house, it takes like someone stepped on my tongue while wearing sneakers.

What's their vanilla like?
>>
Why do so many retards and tryhards in uk gyms wear my protein fucking clothes and shit?

I saw a bloke in my protein top trackies , bag etc.

He was fucking hoarding 5 pairs of Dumbbells and talking about mortgages with some fat prick he came with. Fucking hell. All the other blokes I knew at school I see wearing it aswell like what the fuck
>>
File: noodles.jpg (30 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
noodles.jpg
30 KB, 540x960
Ordered low calorie, no carb noodles, they came with chewing gum at the bottom of the pack. Contacted them and they gave me a refund.

Had a good experience with them otherwise. Trying out their creatine monohydrate and beta alanine. Only day two so can't comment on that. Got some other stuff from them that's all been alright so yeah. Go for it.
>>
>>36137508
Try lemon cheesecake, it's godly
>>
>>36137508
Protip: avoid the isolate etc and stick to impact whey protein. It's almost the same stuff but much cheaper.
>>
I've bought from them a couple of times. 5 times, actually.

Good:
Banana split
Vanilla stevia
Strawberry stevia
Vanilla

Bad:
Cookies and cream

I'm not sure whether I got a bad batch, but I was literally gagging to get the cookies and cream down sometimes. Had a real foul after taste. The rest was actually pretty good. I mixed it all with unsweetened almond milk, and in the banana split it tastes exactly like banana laffy taffy's.
>>
OP the fact you don't even know how to flavor your whey tells me the last thing you should be worried about is if this is a good protein and more worried about things that actually fucking matter in fitness, like being fit.

I use Myprotein. I have their banana stevia (Tastes like an artifically flavored banana shake) and their Cookies & Cream (pretty good).
>>
File: 1431307986025.gif (14 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1431307986025.gif
14 KB, 250x242
>>36138084
>
>>36138123
I suggest that you do take the cinnamon danish, try it and give us feedback.
>>36138150
Maybe it depends on the flavour. Choc brownie and Vanilla mix great. Better than ON, Joe Weider's victory super nitro whey (kek at that name) or NLS (a local brand that 99% you haven't heard of)
You can try adding a scoop of whey and 100-150 ml water to shake. The other brands shake better like that because the water has more room to move in the shaker. You add the rest of the water after the powder has dissolved.
I repeat though, I don't need to use this method with MP.
Also, if you use their shaker (which is free with your order 50% of the time), it comes with a weird ball shaped spring that is supposed to break the clumps. Again, I don't need it, but it may help you.
>>
>>36138123
Cinnamon danish is possibly the worse thing I have ever drank.
>>
>>36138580
Mainly because they throw in the clothes for free alot of the time, i have a vest from there, its okay but i know wha tyou mean about these gimps wearing multiple MP pieces of clothing
>>
>>36138400
try mixing with water
>>
>>36138483
cheap frozen veggies my friend
>>
>>36138796
Yeah, the cookies and cream is fucking awful
>>
>overpaying for sweeteners in your whey
top kek
I just dump some Nesquik and pretend its chocolate milk
>>
>>36138897
The odd t shirt or vest I understand but it's clear the blokes are wearing deliberately and feeling all superior over it. Don't get me wrong some of the clothes are nice, and if I decide to order some more stuff direct then if I want a training hoodie, or a cheap vest I'll buy it but it's the whole wearing it to show off and then acting like a dick I don't understand.
>>
>>36138810
>>36138876
kek I'll at least get a sample now you guys made me curious
>>
I've bought from myprotein but the mixability on a lot of their products is pretty shit. I much prefer bulkpowders
>>
Is it really that much cheaper per g protein than ON?
>>
>>36139419
yes
>>
Supposedly the best you can buy but heard from a friend it tastes bad. I would like to see more independent testing besides LabDoor. I use ON because it's readily available and the taste is GOAT, but it doesn't measure up too well, yet it isn't outright shit either.
>>
>>36139442
I just checked their website and the whey protein is more expensive per g protein than ON gold standard, and the isolate is slightly cheaper (not including the $15 discount when I last ordered ON on Amazon). Is there a separate retailer that sells cheaper?
>>
What's a brand that isn't myprotein that sells sample pouches so that I don't have to buy 5lb to realize it tastes like shit? I've basically tried every myprotein flavor and there's only two I consider edible.
>>
>>36138876
>>36139213
I'm drinking it right now and it's pretty good. At this point I think they regularly mess up batches because what I have taste exactly like cinnamon so I can't see how you guys can hate it. A the same time I've read people loving their banana or coconut chocolate flavors and those two nearly made me puke. Tasted like chemicals, not even close to actual food.
>>
>>36139851
> edible
There's your problem :^)
>>
MyProtons are good - simple, cheap, effective. I always go unflavoured just because I normally mix my powder into other shit and don't want to be able to taste it.

One question I do have is on their creatine. Is it from a good source? I know ON's is Creapure, but it MyProtein's?
>>
>>36140058
myprotein has both their creatine and creatine from creapure.
>>
I've been using them for like 7 years. Good taste and mixes well. Doesn't have the thick sandyness of some budget proteins. Look around and you should usually be able to get a 15-20% discount code.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.