[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you eat canned sardines? I here it's good for you,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 2006_sardines_can_open.jpg (195 KB, 1803x1075) Image search: [Google]
2006_sardines_can_open.jpg
195 KB, 1803x1075
How do you eat canned sardines?

I here it's good for you, full with vitamins and proteins and some good fat. and it's cheap! but I just don't know how to eat it, it seems a bit disgusting to me with all the bones and stuff.
>>
Bones are the best part though.

Also, sardines are the safest fish when it comes to mercury and such, they're literally god tier.
>>
>>36135880
I know, thats why I want to eat them, but I don't know how. Do you just eat the entire fish?
>>
>>36135890
Eat ALL of it. Bones are high on calcium and the crunchiness is actually neat.
>>
If you're not eating sardines, you're just fucking around.

Eat them either on toast or on their own.
Could have them baked with eggs on top.
Can throw them in a spaghetti dish.
>>
>>36135900
Also the head?
>>
>>36135936
Everything that's in the can is edible, yes.

Buy brands that come without the head if you find that weird.
>>
>>36135890
Try this
>get rice
>pour in everything from the can
>mix em up
>add soy sauce (just a tiny bit, it's salty enough as it is)
>add something spicy
Thank me later.
Also if you hate having to mix up soy sauce and chili, look for "spanish style sardines"
It's literally just good old sardines with pickled carrots and pickles plus chili.
>>
OP here will try it tomorrow for my dinner! Any good recipes?

>>36135965
sounds easy enough, afraid the rice may have to many carbs
>>
>>36135986
>afraid the rice may have to many carbs
I thought /fit/ meant permabulk
>>
Hey OP, just wanted to add how my father and I ate sardines when I was younger. We would take a cracker and plop a whole headless sardine on it and slop some mustard on top. Tastes really good, but crackers aren't necessarily a /fit/-tier food.
>>
I never eat the bones, cut along the sardines "spine", peel it open and rip it out by grasping at one end and pulling accross the body.
>>
>>36135998
Nah, dropped from 105 kg to 86 kg, going to start to build some muscle, but still wanna loose weight. So i'm my weight in protein (pounds) but only getting 1800 kcal a day.
>>
>>36136012
Sounds nice! and yeah, crackers and mystard isn't the best choice
>>
>>36136033
Great job! I was 75kg 25% bf, now I'm 80kg 15% bf, this is all with rice, sardines and protein shakes. Lentils are also GOAT if you know how to cook and have a pressure cooker.
>>
>>36136052
Nice going brother! Was around 34% when i started, now I'm 24%. Aiming for 10% with muscle when summer starts!

Funny story with lentils. I dropped weight before (98 to 87) but only because my mum would take time out of her day to cook for me (before I had the skills and time myself). One of the main things I ate during that time was Lentils. Gained 20 kg while in my last relationship, but when we broke up it all came rambling down how big I had become. So I started running and eating healthy again, this time making my own food!

All that because you mentioned lentils, sorry!
>>
File: post.jpg (61 KB, 683x800) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
61 KB, 683x800
I always vomit within an hour if I eat the ones preserved in water, seriously I have never kept a tin of those down in my stomach my entire life. I love the taste though, I have to use the ones preserved in olive oil. I grab those lil suckers 'n I bang em onto a triscuit with some sri racha on top. Get the ones preserved in lemon juice/olive oil, those are the BEST by far (GOYA brand carries them).
>>
>>36135866
with a fork... out of the can..
>>
File: Brisling.jpg (49 KB, 425x366) Image search: [Google]
Brisling.jpg
49 KB, 425x366
>>36135900
I have only once encountered a bone I could feel even in the ones which were bone in..

their bones are soft you can not feel them crunch

that was an apprehension of mine but I just went for it with these and they are completely soft you feel nothing crunch
>>
Is there anyway to get these cheap?

I want to add them, but $1.50 per can is much higher than chicken.
>>
>>36136593
maybe try and find them fresh... I read they spoil fast so you'll probably have to live near a place where they are caught and delivered daily..
>>
>>36135866
If you want to flavour them, drain the add then add plenty of balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Tastes great and I read on the internet vinegar improves insulin sensitivity
>>
>>36136520
ur a fuckin savage m8
>>
>>36136520
This
>>36136102
>bang em onto a triscuit with some sri racha on top
This.

Also on top of a cracker with inglehoffer's sweet hot mustard.

Also just plain with citrus juice.
>>
>>36135936
EVERYTHING
>>
Are you all penguins??
>>
>>36137257
Yes
>>
I buy the kind thats packed in Louisiana hot sauce and just eat them out of the can tbqh, and I'm not even that fond of tuna. Sardines are good tho. A small cracker helps, too.
>>
File: 1456240930612.png (426 KB, 501x572) Image search: [Google]
1456240930612.png
426 KB, 501x572
>>36135866
You stop making threads, shut up, and just eat them. Cause at the end of the day you can do whatever the f*ck you want to.

>protip texas pete hotter sauce and spicy mustard lathered across the top with mineral water or a brisk Odouls on the side
>>
well im gonna be the best damn penguin you've ever seen.
>>
>>36136593
>poorfags

One tin of sardines is 275 calories, 20g healthy fat, 25g protein. I dont want to know what kind of chicken you can buy for less than $1.50 that would provide you that nutrition. Not to mention the calcium, iron and other nutrients found ij sardines.

Mix up your diet. Your body will thank you
>>
>>36136102
>bang em onto a triscuit
FUCK yes, also gonna second mustard and a cracker or sourdough toast.
>>
>>36136593
When I was in the Army we could get them for 59 cents a tin at the on-base grocery store, then I went back into real people world and all of a sudden they're like 89-99 centus minimum, I was pretty upset tbqh.
>>
I just bought 8 cans last night with a box of crackers. What hot sauce do you guys recommend??
>>
File: king oscar.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2248) Image search: [Google]
king oscar.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2248
>>36135866
King Oscar are a good brand with smaller fish so bones are soft and barely noticeable, also less ammonia smelling/tasting.

To reduce the fishiness further douse it in good quality extra virgin olive oil.
>>
>Tear off lid
>Pour Crystal hot sauce on sardines
>Eat with fork
>>
with a fork
>>
File: cento.jpg (17 KB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
cento.jpg
17 KB, 300x174
>>36135866
Get them skinless and boneless in olive oil
>>
>>36135866

Don't be a faggot. Open the can, put them in your mouth.
>>
>>36137544

Frank's Xtra Hot. Sriracha is really good, but has preservatives and shit, so I limit my intake of that stuff.
>>
>>36137781
After trying King Oscar it's the only brand I eat now. About $3.50 a can though
>>
>>36135866
I like to drain out all the juice then pat them down with a paper towel. I then put them in my blender with about 2 cups of heavy pulp orange juice. Taste pretty good.
>>
I scoop them out of the can either with a fork or with some triscuits. I will also put them in any stir fry I make or in any sandwich I make. I eat around two tins a day and I eat the bones/skin because I want to leave humanity behind not find a nice husband.
>>
>>36136520
This is the best, without draining them, either, just letting the oil drop off for 3 secs on every bite and going to town on it.

Best ones are the ones in oil but not olive, it's too flavourful. I like the taste of fish, olive oil masks it too much, same as mustard.
>>
How do you not die from salt poisoning?
>>
>>36142739
It's an average of 500mg per tin, about 20% of daily intake.

It's less than I'd usually have with a steak or chicken, given a single tablespoon of salt is 2000mg +
>>
Eat all brands. Love the Cabo Verde sardines. Gulp them down. But, when time - rye cracker and chopped onion tops it - sometimes pepper.
Peace
>>
>>36135866
Uh, you just put the food in your mouth OP. The bones are edible.
>>
>>36135866
They're pretty good if you just want something that feels meaty. It's nice on a slice of toast, with a little pasta or a pizza if you want.

The bone are super small so you can eat them easily, though the spine might be a bit too much crunch for some.

I like the kind that come pacted in water. The ones in oil or mustard are ok, but you can add your own later if you want.
>>
>>36135866
Throw a big wad of the little fuckers on a wheat cracker
>>
File: chipotle.jpg (45 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
chipotle.jpg
45 KB, 600x500
>>36135866
listen up, OP. This one is pretty easy, and tastes guud!
get
>tomatoes
>onion
>lemon
>chipotle ( you can skip this, if you're a faggot)

Chop tomatoes (usually only one or two, depends on how much you want). Same with the onion, just chop it. Then open sardines, and the chipotle.
Once you have the chopped tomato, and onion, put them in a pan and let it settle until onion is transparent. Add sardines, and chipotle.
After that just add some leamon juice when it's served
you can eat it with tortilla, rice, crackers, etc.

That's pretty much it, sorry for poor directions, but English is not that good

I recommend this type of canned chipotle.
>>
>>36144496
or you can add tomatoes, onion and lemon juice to sardine, instead of this complicated thing
It's good for both, cold, and hot weather!
>>
>>36135866
Put them on your favorite cracker, you can't go wrong. I usually just use the plain salted crackers
>>
>>36144531
>complicated

come on, son
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.