[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Those who eat the same food every day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: overnightoats.jpg (250 KB, 1000x860) Image search: [Google]
overnightoats.jpg
250 KB, 1000x860
Hi /fit/,
those of you who eat the same food every day, what is it that you eat?
Share recipes, tips, worries and so on.
I'm currently suffering from a binge eating disorder because I haven't found a suitable recipe.
It used to be ground beef with some sauce, cottage cheese and spaghetti, but I cannot afford that anymore.
I'd prefer something oats-based, but any suggestion is welcome.
>>
>Meal 1:
1 banana, frozen
1 scoop
30 g oats
2 eggs
Coffee, black
total ca 400 cals

>Meal 2:
Salad, various greens large plate
or steamed veggies large plate
Total ca 200 cals

>Meal 3:
Pollock in tomato sauce
Veggies
Total ca 350 cals

>Supplements:
fish oil 150 cals
multi
ZMA

>Snacks:
Green tea
3 Apples, small, 150 cals
Protein shake 120 cals

Total:
1420 cals
120 gr protein

I routinely switch the pollock with crab, salmon, tuna, cod, or anything that is cheaper or in season. Same with veggies and fruit, except the banana.
>>
>>36122601
is your fish oil really 150 cals?
mine is only 15
>>
I use eatthismuch.com and make 7 days' worth of the recommendation
>>
>>36122634
One large spoon of cod liver oil. It's between 120-150 cals.
>>
>meal 1
English Muffin
28g of Ham
1 slice cheese
2 eggs
(Egg sandwich)
Green Tea
4g Cinammon
60g Oats
(Shake)

>Meal 2
Pure Protein Bar

>Meal 3
160g Chicken
190g Rice
16g Almonds

>Meal 4
70g oats
1 scoop protein
40g Peanut Butter

>Meal 5
115g chicken
160g rice
100g Brocolli

>Meal 6
1 scoop protein

>Supplements
fish oil
Zinc
Magnesium
vitamin D
Multi-vitamin
MSM
Beef Liver Tabs

I just switched protein so my macros are slightly different and I haven't redone them yet, but before it was
>~3200kcal
223.4 protons
427.9carbs
79.2 fat

It's enough so at 5'11, 165lbs, I was putting on about 2.5lbs every 2 weeks
>>
Fucking hate kale? Try a Farmer's Salad!
>Kale, however much you want
>Mixed veggies on top (I prefer green olive, black beans, chick peas, and corn; all rinsed)
>two eggs, over easy on top (or four. fuck it, you work out)
>>
File: 1426034192039.jpg (607 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1426034192039.jpg
607 KB, 1024x768
>>36122401
OP I have binging problems too, its completely wreaked havoc on my life since I binge to the point where I pass out and don't make it to class. I really don't have any good advice on overcoming it however I've found some success with using a regular 12-8 IF schedule and eating two bigger meals.

Best of luck mate, I really wish I could give better advice on this subject.
>>
Wake up: 2 eggs, english mufin, orange juice

Go to work: sandwich, banana, string cheese, greek yogurt + half cup of protein granola, protein clif bar at the end of work

Go home: use celery stick to consume 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 15oz of whole milk. Dinner is tyson chicken strips with broccoli and a cup of rice, with another 15oz glass of milk.

End the day with something like chips+hummus.

The worst part is I just barely hit maintenance with this, so I'm too scared to make any alteration and just eat the same thing every day. I'm trying to bulk but can't find room to add more. I think I'll have to start making a shake to chug while I'm at work, and if that doesn't help I'll have to resort to mass gainers.

Remember: life is suffering.
>>
I dont eat exaclty the same, but many of the same foods due to being brke. Everyday i eat oatmeal with no fat milk and natural pb, chicken, nuts, apples or bananas, some sort of frozen veggie.
>>
>>36122766
>tyson

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>36122804
Not him but Tyson is fine if you need to save money anon
>>
>meal 1
Oatmeal
50g oats
250ml whole milk
15g peanut butter
2 bananas

>meal 2
100g beans
100g rice
100g chicken breast
veggies and shit

>meal 3
4 eggs

>meal 4
150g rice
100g chicken breast
250ml milk

Plenty and of water throughout the day and one cup of coffee and teat somewhere in there.
>>
>>36122401
>I'm currently suffering from binge waiting disorder
>because I haven't found a suitable recipe

Stop setting your failures up on external factors. You aren't binging because you can't eat the same food every day, you are binging because you can't eat like a normal human being and eat less than you normally do for each meal.
Take some responsibility, it's your mind against animal instinct, are you a brainless fucking pig or a man?
>>
>>36122854
>binge waiting
Damn phone.
>>
>>36122601
What protein powder are you using? what are it's calories/protein per scoop
>>
>>36122844
>eating trash to save money

i'd rather not
>>
>>36122876
I don't remember the brand. My friend and I bought in bulk and he has the original packaging, but I remember the packaging saying 30 gr (2 scoops) is 120 calories and 27 gr protein, so I'm estimating from that.
>>
I cook all my meals
my side dishes are usually rice, every once in a while potatoes (roasted or mashed with just a very bit of butter and salt) what are some god side dishes to go with my meat? i usually eat chicken, ground beef, every once in a while pork.
>>
>>36122401
>I cannot afford that anymore

Not trying to be a dick here bro but how do you even eat if you can't afford spaghetti and ground beef? Ground beef is like 2 dollars a lb and you can get a couple pounds of spaghetti for a few bucks.

Recipes:

Meal 1: Sirloin Steak and Honey BBQ seared Salmon Fillet on bed of Spinach and blackberries
1. Prep steak with salt, pepper and add a little baste/glaze or marinade to get a good char/flavor on it
2. Smear Salmon Fillet with honey, then barbeque sauce and spread it across the salmon until it is evenly covered
3. Heat a skillet on high for a few minutes before using a teaspoon of olive or canola oil
4. Lay the steak and salmon in individually (or together to save time) flip the steak every 15 seconds a few times until done to personal taste, leave the salmon skin side down for a minute and then flip and leave that side down between 20-40 seconds.
5. Grab a few handfuls of spinach and lay them down, add a handful of blackberries for flavor then lay salmon fillet down on top of it, steak next to it

Meal 2:
Turkey burger with wheat grain bun and goat cheese, kale salad with strawberries and balsamic vinegar side
1. Prep some ground turkey with salt, pepper and soy sauce
2. Cook burger in skillet, after you flip it, add the cheese on top and melt it with a lighter to spread it
3. Lay buns down in grease/fat from the burger and toast the insides of the buns
4. Put kale in a bowl, cut up a few strawberries and add balsamic vinegar

Meal 3
Sushi
1. Cook japanese sushi rice, add in rice vinegar, sugar and salt
2. Cut up raw fish fillets, crab or any other ingredient
3. Lay down Nori (seaweed rolls) and give it an even covering with the rice, flip it over and place the protein in the center with wasabi paste and any avocado or cream cheese or any other ingredients you want to add
4. Roll up in bamboo rolling mat

All these meals cost less than $5 dollars when you add up the cost of the ingredients (shopping at walmart)
>>
>>36122755
there is no tactical advantage to putting that many tanks in the tiny island the statue of liberty is at
>>
>>36122844
>pre-cooked chicken strips save money

Those bags of pre-cooked microwavable/ez cook chicken strips are about 5x as expensive as it would be to just buy a bunch of chicken breast and bread crumbs, cut up the chicken breasts into strips, bread them and cook them.

Chicken breast is literally the cheapest protein per lb, you can get like 4 lbs of it for 6 bucks. Where as a 1 lb bag of tyson chicken strips will cost you 10.
>>
Start eating after 3pm. Eat every two hours.

100g canned sardines: 25g protein
200g turkey dark meat: 40g protein
300g turkey breast: 66g protein
100g egg white: 11g protein

5g creatine
1 multivitamin
1200mg potassium
300mg magnesium
Around 10g sodium

One high carb cheat meal every Friday to restore my T3 level back to normal and to replenish some muscle glycogen. Consumed after a depletion workout.

That's called a PSMF: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_Sparing_Modified_Fast

Need to cut to under 12% body fat before starting a bulk.

Stats:
Height 5"9
Weight 188lbs
Body fat % over 22% (rough estimation)

Have been losing about 3lbs to 4lbs every week for the past 2 months.
>>
>>36122401
>Meal 1
1 cup of blueberries
2 hard boiled eggs
2 whole wheat slices of beard
a little bit of butter

>Snack 1
a small packet of trail mix (peanuts almonds sunflowers and raisins)
an orange
a half cup of steel cut oats

>Meal 2
7~ ounces of chicken breast
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 cup of broccoli

>Snack 2
a small packet of trail mix (peanuts almonds sunflowers and raisins)
an orange
1/4 cup of wasabi peas

>Meal 3

7~ ounces of chicken breast
1 cup of baby carrots
1 sweet potato

~ 2500 cals
~160 grams of protein
also r8
>>
>>36123185
>I'm not shilling guys, I promise
GTFO
>>
>>36122401
2-4 eggs a day
Almonds

A shake with 2/3 cup of oats, 1 scoop of protein, 1 banana, and 1 cup of milk, and 2 scoops of peanut butter
>>
>>36122720
> 223.4g of protein at 165lb bodyweight

Is this even necessary?
>>
>>36123258

no, that extra protein is just extra calories that gets turned into bodyfat
>>
Cutting:
6am workout
Whey 1scoop
Cottage cheese 226g
Metamucil 2tsp
Greek yogurt
Albacore/mustard/bread
Chicken breast 4oz/brown rice 150g/vegetable 100g
Whey 1scoop
6hrs sleep
>>
>>36123475
Sounds kind of boring. Where's the McDonald's?
>>
>>36123492
I forgot the 16oz of milk and olive oil on the chicken (no salt)
>>
meal 1
oatmeal - 80 gr
ketchup 80 gr

meal 2
chicken breasts skinless - 300 gr
buckwheat - 100 gr raw mass

meal 3
fatless cottage cheese - 220 gr

meal 4
frozen mixed vegetables - 350 gr
eggs whites - 180 gr
soy souce - 2 tbsp
>>
File: 1455216990832.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1455216990832.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>36123573
>>
My friend eats exclusively oats, protein powder and peanut butter but his lifts stalled and he got kinda fat now

Still fucking believes that 'eat every two hours and not get fat' meme
>>
>>36123091

That all looks fine to me except the sushi. Eating raw fish? From Wal Mart? No thanks. If I get raw fish its coming from a local butcher or somewhere nice.
>>
>>36123639
Its because he eats more than necessary. Its simple.
>>
>>36122401
>tapioca with berries

Oh my god, that image makes me want to splurge.
>>
>>36123091
15$ a day is 450$ a month on food for 3 meals a day. Fuggin rich people.
>>
>>36123704
It's chia seeds you poorfag
>>
>>36123710

Get a job
$450/mo on food is hardly outrageous
>>
>>36123727
Not very sensible either, for 3 average meals pr day.
>>
I vary my breakfasts a little bit but my lunch is usually a sliced deli meat chicken sandwich with lettuce and tomato and a can of coke, and my dinner is usually chicken breast with rye bread or rice and some juice.
>>
Ate pasta with tomato sauce for one year every day. Now I have been eating rice with thuna for almost a half year.
Moved out of my parents house 1 1/2 year ago
>>
Is it best to avoid egg yolks or does it not matter?
>>
>breakfast

40g oats
300g SS milk
1 banana
50g blackberries

>dinner

2 slices seeded bread
20g peanut butter
100g tuna
~30g low cat Mayo
80g sweet corn

>tea

200g chicken breast
100g brown rice
50g broccoli
100g carrots
100g peas

>snacks

150g Fage 0% with 25g peanuts
150g Fage 0% with 50g blueberries
150g Fage 0% with 75g raspberries
(One after each meal)
1 apple
25g almonds
25g Brazil nuts
~500g SS milk
(Usually 250g with dinner and then tea)
2 nature valley protein bars
40g oats with 300g SS milk and 40g peanut butter
(Normally right before bed)

Been eating pretty much this for the past few months, added some stuff along the way when my weight stalled, like the nuts and oats before bed.

I have weekends off now as I CBA making meals to take to my mum's house when I visit.
>>
>>36123258
>>36123289
I like more protein than carbs. It gets used the same way with any excess protein.
>>
>>36122755
It's IF that caused my binging disorder in the long run, I think.
I need a huge meal to be satisfied. I usually eat only once a day.
>>
>>36123941
I had that too. Tried a temporary fix of fasting then eating small protein meals (300 gr quark meals 2 times a day) so my stomach would normalize.
What you're doing is the same as competitive eaters do, stretching your stomach so it can expand at will every time you need it, and you get accustomed to big meals. Only way to stop it is to break the habit. It will suck but needs to be done.
>>
>breakfast
Half cup steel cut oats
Banana
Orange juice

>lunch
Chicken breast
Spinach
Cottage cheese

>dinner
That one /fit/ tuna patties recipe
Brown rice
Broccoli
Sriracha

>snacks
Peanut butter
Protein shake and greek yogurt, i only eat these if i go to the gym
Dates

It all amounts to a almost perfect 2000 calories, an almost 1500 deficit on my tdee, amounting to about 50g of fat and 170g of protein and carbs. Im trying to lose weight as fast as possible. Is this the right path?
>>
>>36123710
The turkey burger is 2.25, the steak and salmon is 4.00 and the sushi is 4.75.

Also if you think 450 a month for all your food is 'rich people you're a retard. The only way to eat cheaper is eat basically nothing but rice, beans and chicken breast. Which is basically what you eat on food stamps.
>>
typically:

breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled, 1 bowl of oatmeal

lunch: can of tuna or other protein source

post workout: 1 scoop whey shake

dinner: chicken breast, or steak, or something else with some vegetables/spinach/broccoli

snacks: carrots or celery, whey shake, quest bars, or light cereal with 2% milk

the trick is how you prepare your chicken, makes it much better imo.
>>
cutting atm

>Breakfast
1 cup oats
blueberries
1 1/2 cup almond milk
cinnamon

>Lunch
raspberry yoghurt
apple
banana

>dinner
200g quorn chicken pieces
brown rice
400g brocolli

>snacks
1 peanut butter sandwich
carrots and hummus

>drinks
2 cup soy milk

nothing spectacular but it costs £20 for the week and I reach my macros
>>
>>36123691
This is smart, I live by the sea so I can go local fresh fish pretty cheap but eating raw fish from walmart probably won't hurt you unless you do it regularly.
>>
File: 15485348653468.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
15485348653468.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
>>36122401

>Meal 1
2 grilled chicken sandwiches w/ low fat cheese
1 serving bbq sauce
shit load of whatever veggies that're available
a lot of water/zero calorie liquids

>Meal 2
2 grilled chicken sandwiches w/ low fat cheese
1 serving bbq sauce
shitload of whatever veggies that're available
a lot of water/zero calorie liquids

i've been eating variations of this for the past 6 weeks

>tfw cutting
>dining hall has limited healthy options (that are consistently there everyday)

these 2 meals put me around 1500-1600 cals
>>
>>36124809
Eat somewhere else
>>
>>36124849
this is the only way i can consistently hit my macros/calories and the dining hall is free (not really, it's included in my tuition) so i just go there instead of spending my cash.

i only have ~6 weeks left of this so i think i can get by.. i switch up the condiments and veggies so i don't really get tired of this
>>
File: actions.jpg (489 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
actions.jpg
489 KB, 1280x800
>>36122401
>I'm currently suffering from a binge eating disorder because I haven't found a suitable recipe.

"I am currently making excuses for being impulsive because I am slightly narcissistic, and can't own any weaknesses or mistakes."

Train to be less impulsive. It is my struggle too. It's everyone's struggle.
>>
>>36124969
Now that I read my post it really doesn't make much sense. I presented my problems as if they were related to each other somehow and solving one thing would solve the rest, but it's not that way.
How do I fight these urges?
>>
Here's mine, it's shit but it'll do for now

>meal 1
4 fried eggs
1 piece of whole wheat toast
3 strips of bacon
Bottled water+scoop of protein(sorry piano man)

>meal 2
2 containers of Greek yogurt
Tuna fish sandwich
Bottled water

>meal 3 (post workout)
Egg salad+tuna fish sandwich
10 saltine crackers (carbs)
2 protein bars

>meal 4 (before bed)
1 container of Greek yogurt
2 cups of 2%milk
1 fiberone bar

Am I doing it right? Bulking on 3120 Cal diet, most of those sandwiches are made with low fat Mayo,white albacore tuna, and hard boiled eggs. I also have a bottle of water between meals, pls no bully.
>>
File: progress not perfection.jpg (79 KB, 736x555) Image search: [Google]
progress not perfection.jpg
79 KB, 736x555
>>36125031
I don't know. I quit smoking a few months ago but I crave cigarettes every day. I quit unhealthy food and started losing weight a few months ago but I crave unhealthy, calorie dense things every day. You can't do much to fight the urges. Drink lots of water (carry a gallon everywhere). Eat TONS of frozen veggies every day (buy the inexpensive frozen ones and steam them). Beyond that the urges will come no matter. Try to learn to enjoy the urges and the hunger. That's what I did with smoking because there's no way to stop smoking urges. You just have to accept them. Quitting unhealthy food is just as difficult as smoking EXCEPT that you can weaken the urges using crazy amounts of veggies and water. No matter what, it's difficult. Remember that failure just means you need to try harder.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.