[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what happens if you're skelly, start lifting, but don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5
File: 1451492195979.jpg (69 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1451492195979.jpg
69 KB, 720x960
what happens if you're skelly, start lifting, but don't eat more?
>>
Not much.
>>
You'll get stronger slowly and inefficiently but won't really gain mass.
>>
Absolutely fucking nothing.
>>
>>35803141

what specifically though? do you get even skinnier? do you get stronger? do you get weaker? i'm curious.
>>
>>35803129
Nothing.

You'll get strong, but still be skelly.

I was exactly like you in terms of size. Could barely lift the bar. Did Stronlifts, and got to decent numbers, but didn't grow much.

I ate properly, and grew a lot.
>>
>>35803129
>work out
>raise metabolism
>still dont eat
>gain no muscle
>burn what little fat you had
>get skinnier

retard
>>
>>35803166

i'm just asking man
>>
>>35803173
OK, >>35803164 guy here:

Why do you ask?

What is stopping you from eating 3000+ calories a day?

Because you obviously KNOW that's what you need to do, but something is stopping you.

For me, it was panic attacks. I always felt sick, but just told myself it was panic attacks, so I ignored it, and was sick anyway.

So it obviously wasn't panic attacks at all right? Panic attacks are all just in your head, but if you actually ARE sick, then it's real right?

This fucks with your head for months on end. It nearly fucking killed me. I came within seconds of fucking ending it all

I still don't know what it was, but I got over it. I told myself that I'd rather choke on my own fucking vomit than give up.

So stop being a faggot. If I can sort my shit out, you can sort your shit out.
>>
Lifted for about a year with a proper routine and plenty of sleep, but almost 0 fucking gains thanks to the fact that I couldn't stray from my shitty diet.

Eating is really fucking important.
>>
>>35803205

i'm just curious how it all works, honestly. if i started lifting i would eat more (but wow! 3000 calories is a ton!), i just wondered what happens if you don't. thanks for your answers!
>>
>>35803129

"you wont gain an ounce"

you NEED to have a higher calorie count to gain weight... pairing it with lifting equals muscles
>>
>>35803255
3000 won't seem like a ton when you actually start tracking the nutrients of the food you eat and eating more than 2 times a day
>>
>>35803129
Your veins pop out and you plateau quickly
>>
>>35803255
you will stall really fast. your lifts will be low and you wont be able to get them up. you wont gain any weight. but it's hard not to eat more. once you start lifting your appetite will increase.
>>
wouldn't your appetite drive you to eat more? the body is a self-regulating system, after all.
>>
>>35803129

Its thyme to start eating more, skellington.

But in the meantime, I will thank u to receive good bones and calcium.

THank u mr sleleton
>>
You feel tired and the doms lasts longer. You end up feeling hungry all the time. And if continued may end up hurting yourself.

Source: skelly who did that
>>
>>35803129
I started working out at 23, 135lbs, ate twice a day as usual, never took supplements. I got strong and slowly started gaining mass. i'm 32 now currently 6' 180lbs, would like to lose a few pounds lol
>>
>>35805008
The same way obese people have such small appetites?
>>
whos this qt
>>
>>35803205
Do you want to know what stops skellys like me? Fucking money, i dont have enough money to eat 3k kcal a day
>>
File: 1363349846225.jpg (16 KB, 300x195) Image search: [Google]
1363349846225.jpg
16 KB, 300x195
>>35803654
mfw you described the last three months for me
>>
>>35803129
How tall are you?
>>
>>35803129
You build muscle pretty nicely. You just need to exercise a little more than if you ate a lot. I actually dont eat until i finish my hour long workout and i get gains pretty nicely. just remember everyone is different so do what works for you. look into calisthenics.
>>
>>35806043
You did it wrong then.
>>
>>35803205
>What is stopping you from eating 3000+ calories a day?

It's hard?
>>
>>35806512
Same guy here again.

Yes, you fucking do. It isn't expensive to eat a lot if you learn some basic fucking cooking and prep skills.
>>
>>35803129
youd ded
>>
>>35806512
Milk and Eggs are pretty fucking cheap ways to pad out caloric intake, and natural peanut butter is really calorically dense and you can get a 10 lb jar for like 15 bucks that you can add to so many things for an extra 100 calories per tablespoon
>>
You get stronger to an extent. For untrained people strength gains at the beginning are mostly from the nervous system and they later get taken over by muscle. So you'd get stronger by training, but only to an extent. You'd probably look a lot more vascular, veiny, and somewhat muscular. Either way, you'd get pretty hungry eventually if you're really working out.
>>
>>35808769
Your healing time may also be longer too, if you're not getting proper nutrition or calories from your current diet.
>>
You'll catabolize your muscles.
>>
>>35808799
Especially if you're not getting a good amount of fat from your diet the newbie DOMS will be horrendous
>>
>>35806512
lol what? Learn to cook. Buy the ingredients. I eat 7 meals a day and I pre prepare a full week of meals every Sunday. Groceries costs me $70. 70 divided by 49 is $1.49 per meal. And that's if you clean bulk. Dirty bulking is even cheaper. Don't come in here with these lame excuses. You're skelly because you have no willpower.
>>
File: aug10f.jpg (446 KB, 610x813) Image search: [Google]
aug10f.jpg
446 KB, 610x813
This is what happens,
>>
>>35808896
This kid would be an excellent rock climber to be honest.
>>
>>35808838
What are your meals faglord?
>>
>>35808911
Pretty sure his grip sucks. But if you're talking physique and skeltal you're right.
>>
>>35808943
Doesn't need I lot of grip I suppose, dude probably weighs 50 kilos
>>
THis is the cheap and clean bulk meal plan for skeles

Meal one -
50G Oats mixed with 2 x wheatabix + spoon of sugar
+ protein shake (water blended w/ 1 scoop protein + 2 scoop instant oats)
685Kcal
Protein - 42G
Fat - 15G
Carbs - 100g

Meal 2 -
150g Chicken breast + 125g of brown rice + Spinach
(Calories: 400, 5g fat, 32g carbs, 42g protein)

Meal 3 - 4 boiled eggs (2 whole 2 without yolk + Homemade protein bar)
650Kcal
Protein - 48G
Fat - 35G
Carbs - 30G

Meal 4 - (Pre workout)
125g of brown rice + 500g natural yoghurt + banana
530Kcal
Protein - 28G
Fat - 6G
Carbs - 72G

~Workout~
about 20-30 mins after workout i have a protein shake
(285 calories per shake) - 4g fat, 32g carbs, 30g protein)

Meal five - 160g Fish, whole can of baked beans and 100G of potoatoes
(Calories: 750, 20g fat, 100g carbs, 20g protein)

Meal six - 150g pasta + 2 raw egg whites + 300ml glass of milk
(Calories: 400, 6g fat, 65g carbs, 20g protein)

Total Kcals: 3300
Protein: 230G
Fat: 93G 230/93/430
Carbs: 430G

30%P/13%F/57%C
>>
What happens if you're fat, start lifting, but eat the same as you did before?
>>
>>35809073
You become bacon and eggs
>>
>>35808999
>3300 kcals
Enjoy getting fat as fuck in no time
>>
>>35809073
You're increasing your TDEE by working out so you'll lose weight slowly since you're not eating any more to cover that while seeing more muscle definition by losing weight and see strength gains if you're a complete beginner
>>
>>35803129

Runfag here. I ran competitively in college (division 1 in the NCAA) and like most top teams, we lifted. Squat, DL, hang clean, snatch, I got coaching on form and progressions in all that stuff. I got a lot stronger but not really any bigger, and my progress definitely stalled out as a function of my size. I say that because I stopped running big miles for about six months while injured, but was able to lift, and I put on significant mass which was soon followed by increases in strength. I had to cut hard to eventually get back down to race weight.

tl;dr >> you'll get plenty stronger, but your ceiling will be lower.
>>
>>35808838
>>35808768
I am not living in 'murica tards. I cant drink a lot of milk because im lactose intolerant
>>
>>35803129
How do I become skelly?
>>
you will get stronger and still build muscle, but you won't be able to keep it up forever; you're going to plateau early

you also build muscle at a slower rate
>>
>>35809110
depends how tall you are,
for 6ft + thats fine
but if your a manlet then yeah
>>
>>35809110
If you're working out properly you won't get fat.

That's a pretty clean bulking plan, don't see how you'd put on excess fat from it.
>>
>>35808999

>230g protein
>skelle mealplan

Why.
>>
>>35808999
Not OP here, but thanks, this is helpful shit.

Anyone got any more? Would be good to see people's variations.

What I like about this one is the meals aren't big, just calories dense. For most skellies eating big meals is a problem in the first place.
>>
>>35809073
I knew two guys, one was fat, the other shredded.

The fat guy hit the gym hard, and could lift more than the shredded guy, but he still looked fat, because he still ate like a fat fuck.

The shredded guy ate clean, and looked good because of it.
>>
>>35809110
manlet alert!
>>
Mentioned this in another thread, but yeah - in high school I lifted a fucking ton: weights class five days a week, weights section twice a week in gym class, on top of the weight training I did being on the football team: literally never gained shit because I didn't eat enough. Probably could have put on 15-30 pounds that semester but instead just wallowed away at basically the same weight. Not the biggest regret of my life but possibly top 10. EAT MORE.
>>
>>35803129
Thank Mr Skeltal
>>
>>35809073
Depends on how much you eat and how much you're working out.

You will stabilize at some point. That might be the point of a tinystrong mostlyfat person, or it might the point of a lean normal person.

I guess it depends on how fat the starting point was and how much you're working out, really. But there's no way you'll get to eat like an obese person and not be an obese person unless you work out most of your days.
>>
>>35809714
>For most skellies eating big meals is a problem in the first place.
It changes when you push through. It's hard in the beginning but get very easy in just a few weeks. Your stomach will adapt, your metabolism will start absorbing all that shit and eating bigger amounts of food will become very easy.
>>
>>35809471
Eggs, peanut butter, whole chickens, oats, lentils, dry beans, big bag of rice
All cheap as fuck and can buy in bulk

Excuses excuses motherfucker
>>
>>35809794
Good, I'm glad to hear this.

I've not been lifting long (couple months) but my appetite is already improving.
>>
>>35809471
Guy who wrote >>35808705 here. Are you a UK fag like me?

If so, still no fucking excuse. Go to Tesco or Asda and buy loads of rice, frozen chicken breasts, cheap pasta, peanut butter, oats, etc.

It's all cheap as fuck if you don't go for the "premium" shit that is exactly the same just with different packaging and a 200% markup in price.
>>
If you're skinnyfat should you eat at TDEE or at a surplus if you want gains?
>>
>>35810091
You can eat at TDEE and see your body composition change slowly, but for most complete beginners you will have your body look better quicker by eating at a small surplus to gain muscle faster as it's not your fat content but your complete lack of muscle that makes them mostly look shit
>>
>>35809848
>>35809801
Lol, try to feed 3 ppl and pay bills for ~500$ a month
>>
>>35806512
You're retarded. A gallon of milk costs $2 and is over 2000 calories.
>>
>>35810341
I would die of that lactose tho
>>
>>35809471
So eat rice and beans. Buy these in bulk, dry. You can eat 3k calories per day of this for less than a the average worker earns in Ethiopia.

So cut your fucking act and buy efficient food.
>>
>>35810368
So you are telling me to eat only rice and beans for the whole day? LOL, i'd rather be dyel which i am right now
>>
>>35810696
"i want to achieve my goals even though i have obstacles!"

"here is how to overcome these obstacles"

"what? lmao no i didn't want this to involve effort"

i know you meant for this to be reasonable, but complaining about eating cheap food because you're poor makes you sound like such an entitled bitch
>>
>>35810804
It is retarded way to overcome obstacles, i wont eat 2kg of rice everyday sorry. I will do what i was doing for 6 months, try to eat everything and pray for gains
>>
>>35803129
You will get stronger and get some noticing gainz to a certain extent but no mass and eventually you will plateau at a certain weigh
> from experience
>>
>>35810696
It's obvious you're here to find excuses and justify your lazy life. Just fuck off and do it elsewhere, you have no reason to be on this board. I detest people like you.

Because obviously I meant only eat one food forever you dumb faggot. Honestly rice and beans is a complete set of amino acids meaning yeah you could live off of it. But you want to pretend that you have less money than a starving man in Africa, that's literally what you claimed when you said you can't afford 3k calories a day. Get a fucking life and stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>35810696
>not gona make it
>LOL
Besides we need weaklings like you so we look like gods
>>
>>35810824
you're honestly just showing your ignorance

1 cup of rice is 200 calories. If you add just one bowl per day on top of what you eat, that's 1400 extra calories over the course of a week. 2 cups of rice is 2800, enough to gain slightly under a lb a week. As long as you're getting enough protein, 2800 extra calories a week is enough to slowly but surely gain a large amount of lean muscle mass.

Are you really so much of a bitch you can't eat 2 cups of rice in a day?
>>
>>35810864
This.
never come back op
>>
>>35810243
I don't know what shit costs in the US, but its perfectly possible in the UK,

You sound like the entitled cunts we have who live on benefits, complain they can't eat properly, but somehow weigh 25 stone, smoke, drink, have Sky Sports, and are covered in tats.

We're getting /pol/ now, but we should slash the benefits these fuckers get, and instead of cash, give them food tokens that are only good for healthy food. Then we'll see how fucking easy it is to eat healthy on a low budget.
>>
>>35810895
i am not OP
>>35810884
>>35810874
>>35810864
You just got baited, gj
>>
Oh and OP, >>35810864 and >>35810884 are right.

If you're not going to make any fucking effort, don't bother at all.
>>
>>35810824
not to mention there's a ridiculous amount of variety when it comes to types of healthy food you can buy, cheaply, and even more ways to combine all these foods to make simple, delicious meals.

whether or not it helps you to think of yourself as superior for not sinking to the level of "obsessive" diet management, know that in reality you're just too lazy to do the bare minimum.

they're your goals. nobody cares if you don't achieve them. nobody will care when you plataeu after 3 months and look the same for the rest of your life

that is, until you get injured because you didn't recover properly because learning to eat is too hard for you
>>
>>35810917
Lmao post pic with timestamp then, skelle
> i-it was ba-bait
>>
LOL catched bait so easily, thanks for making my night
>>
>>35810970
Quiet skeleton go to sleep
>>
>>35810917
Don't act like we don't know how this works man. There is always a thin line between bait and the staggering stupidity of real people. I'm just killing time for a few minutes here doesn't bother me to respond.
>>
>>35810970
>catched
12 year old spotted
>>
You just went full retarded, love you fitizens
>>
File: skinny asian.jpg (106 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
skinny asian.jpg
106 KB, 500x333
>>35803129
you gain some muscle definition, your lifts go up but not by a spectacular amount. you achieve skinny muscular asian mode.
>>
>>35808838
Care to share your wondrous secrets?
>>
>>35812882
Bump
>>
>>35803162
You just will have trouble going up on lifts, and if you do go up on lifts you will have trouble keeping your progress.

Your body just doesn't have the material necessary to build new muscle and maintain everything else at the same time. It's easy broscience.
>>
>>35808999
Son, all that shits gonna cost ~$25 at the end of the day. Most people can't spend $25 a day on food.
>>
File: hs.png (635 KB, 749x387) Image search: [Google]
hs.png
635 KB, 749x387
>>35812882
hoversquats + GOMAD
>>
OP here, did not expect this thread to still exist. my last post was >>35803255 so don't blame me for this other guy
>>
>>35803129
You'll say skelly. I've learned this first hand. Started eating 130g of protein a day and I got swole up in no time.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.