[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Counting Calories = autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
When did you realise counting calories is a pure meme? I downloaded MyFitnessPal, but get bored of it after 3 days. Just don't eat like a fucking hippo, and throw away all junk food. It isn't that. My cut is going fine so far and I don't count calories or macros, just eat small portions and lots of meat, vegetables, fruits, dairy etc. Stop making rocket science from eating clean.
>>
>>35781416
*It isn't that hard.
>>
Haven't yet. I enjoy the process. Also, obese thru childhood, so GOTTA KEEP IT OFF. I don't eat junk, but I've got a huge portion control problem.
>>
File: triple-h-shovel.jpg (43 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
triple-h-shovel.jpg
43 KB, 450x253
Loosely counting calories is fine, and even owning a scale, but if you count macros then you are wasting a whole bunch of time. I eyeball a lot of shit now as well.

>mfw people think eating exact carbs, fats and protein will make a difference

That shit is a scam made up by personal trainers to diet you
>>
File: oh shit op.jpg (49 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
oh shit op.jpg
49 KB, 500x503
>>35781416
Losing weight is easy when you are 100+lbs overweight anon.

Besides adding numbers is grade school difficult, although judging by your episode of "are you smarter than a 3rd grader" I'm not surprised you are having trouble.
>>
>>35781572
I'm not overweight. I may be skinnyfat, but my worst weight was 91kg at 190cm. I'm just aiming for dem abs.
>>
>>35781416
Same here.
>>
>>35781606
It's easy to lose weight where you're at without counting.

A girl wants to go from 110 to 105, for example - counting would be suggested.
>>
>>35781606
so by your own admission you're in bad enough shape that you're at a point where results are simple and do not require significant effort on your part, and yet you still act as if this "advice" applies to people that are actually serious about fitness. Check in again about a year from now, if you last that long once things get even slightly difficult.
>>
>>35781572
This
>>
>>35781620
My desired body weight is around 85kg, so I need to lose around 5kg (~10lbs in freedom units). Where is the difference?
>>
>>35781694
>skinnyfat
>his only desire is to lose 10 lbs
why are you here?
>>
Most of my gains were made when I started counting calories and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get serious.
>>
I haven't actually had to count calories that closely on my cut, just approximated most of the time. Easiest 32 lbs lost of my life.

>tfw will ironically need to count calories really closely when I bulk
>>
I tried the whole IIFYM obsessive calorie and macro counting for a few days when I was a noobie years and years ago and realised it was really dumb not a healthy way to treat food.

Since then all I do is base my diet around wholefoods, mainly animal proteins and vegetables. I use carbs as a kind of potentiometer for my goal, cutting = close to zero carbs, gaining muscle I'll add some oats or rice. That's all it takes. After a few weeks your taste buds change and you don't need everything to taste of sugar. I don't get cravings for cake, chocolate or icecream, or this need to YOLO CHEAT DAY all the time. It's been easy to stay under 10% bodyfat year round this way, even during holidays. It's incredibly hard to get fat eating animal protein and vegetable which is why almost no one was fat before processed carbs came along.
>>
Tbh counting calories with scale etc, however autism it looks, is pretty good. I did it after getting a disease which forced me to weigh and measure everything to count macros. After about a year i could eyeball everything within a few grams. I now know exactly how much cooked and uncooked pasta i need, i know exactly how many carbs there is in something im eating without even trying. It comes in really handy when you're at a restaurant or eating at someone elses place. (unless they add a lot of oil or something i can't see)
>>
>>35781745
> I did it after getting a disease which forced me to weigh and measure everything to count macros.
Diabetes?
>>
>My cut is going fine so far

It could be going great instead, but you stopped counting. Do you need to count calories? Absolutely not. Like you said, don't eat like a hippo, eat healthier in general, and just move more.

But, will counting calories and monitoring macros give you the best results? Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>35781501
Is it really a scam though when they are helping you diet?
>>
>>35781790
Yes anon, it is, why teach a noob how to fish when you can keep selling him broscience and supplements
>>
>>35781606
So you have no knowledge, and experience slight progress and rush here to tell us we're fags?

FUCK you Patrick
>>
All these retards not tracking calories lel no wonder everyone on fit looks like shit and is weak as shit
>>
>>35781694
If you're skinny fat, 85 won't be enough. Try 75kg.

Come back if you get any worthwhile muscle and I'll happily cheer you on
>>
>>35781790
How is it a scam if I paid nobody for the knowledge?
>>
I agree with you when it comes right down to it. Unless your a competitive level builder or something where your macros/nutrition need to be 100% you shouldn't need to.

However, with that being said, every single mother fucking person should spend 1-3 months measuring and weighing food. People have no real conception of portion size and what they are actually eating.

A typical breakfast cereal is around 55g a serving. You ask an american to pour you a typical 55g serving and your likely to get 2-3 maybe even 4x that. So that 150 calorie "light" breakfast is now 600 calories of carbs with likely a ton of sugar.

You go onto sites like MyFitnessPal, etc and pick a typical "Medium" banana, it pulls it up as 100g. I weighed every banana I had last week, the smallest one was 150g and I would likely classify them as "medium".

Is a banana going to make you fat? Likely not. But if you have no realistic idea of portion size and your constantly eating 1.5-2, 3, 4, 5x a servings you will.

I honestly think its why (besides pure delusion) that all these shows that picture fat woman say they eat healthy. They think they do, but are really eating 4x Servings cause they have no concept of what should be normal, cause 'Merica.
>>
>>35781501
>I don't think macros matter and I clearly have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, what body composition is, and I will excuse it under "a waste of time" because I'm ignorant.
Ftfy
Go eat 800g of simple carbs and get diabetes you fucking idiot.
>>
File: baitforthebaitgod.png (9 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
baitforthebaitgod.png
9 KB, 230x219
>>35781416

>be me
>1 year without counting calories
>barely see progress
>browse internet
>find "calorie counting" and "macros"
>lolwat
>start doing it
>literally saw progress by the 2nd week

Yeah I'm sure it's autism
>>
Some people don't need to count a single calories their entire life to maintain a decent weight.
I'm not one of them as I tend to overeat all the time, that's why I count. It's pretty fast when you're used to it.
>>
>people who eat as much protein as they weigh.

STOP WITH THE 1lb=1g OF PROTEIN
>>
>>35781933
Who's dumb enough to eat like that?

Have you ever heard of a COMMON sense diet?
>>
Sure counting calories isn't exact, like it's absolutely retarded to try and hit numbers on the dot, however it's going to be the best and closest estimate you'll get, it's the most efficient way of tracking how much to eat to gain/lose weight, OP is a fucking idiot, you probably will never learn how to cut slow and preserve muscle in your life, I also bet when you bulk you just eat a shit ton and get fat as fuck because you don't know what 200 Cals over maintenance is

90% of people who look good, below 10% body fat, count calories you fucking retards.

Op PLS post current body, watch guys, see the body of someone who doesn't count calories
>>
>>35781728
>that's all it takes
It's not as efficient. Try carb cycling instead of cutting them low on a cut.
Counting calories is not an unhealthy way to treat food. It's simply acknowledging the facts which is only as healthy or unhealthy as you make it out to be.
I laugh at anyone who goes "counting is autistic" because counting is so fucking easy and if you're going to just dismiss it because you think "it's retarded" you're only harming yourself.
>>
>>35781971
The problem with common sense is that it isn't common you fucking dumb pile of shit.

Fuck you and the mongrel you call mother
>>
>>35781416
Not roughly cointing.
So far ive had porridge and a protein shake coming out at around 700kcal.
>>
>>35781971
You missed the point idiot, please gas yourself.
>>
>>35781991
This anon is so stupid he needs a calculator so he won't eat a thousand carbs a day.

Holy kek
>>
>>35781956
This.
Try .82g per lb of lbm, not bodyweight (ideal for cut) and you can get away with .68 on a bulk.
>>
>>35781997
>being this mad because you need apps to tell you when and how to eat
>>
>>35782004
So at first you say macros don't matter and now you say oh they do but no one is dumb enough.
Pick a side nigger, which is it? By the way, you say no one is dumb enough but then explain the over 3 million cases of type 2 diabetes a year.
Also gas yourself.
>>
>>35782044
>reaching this hard

It's food anon, calories matter. Everything in moderation. You sound like a fatass iffym lunatic
>>
>>35782032
If by app you mean I count in my head, then yes. It's absolutely smarter to count than to not count. The fact that you even came on here going "YOU DON'T NEED IT SEE I'M DOING IT RIGHT" shows you're just seeking validation. Chill, you don't NEED to count but it makes everything 100x easier. It's hilarious to see idiots like you go "you just need fruits and veg and blah blah blah traditional diet" when in reality food is so much more universal than that and that's the whole point of counting, so you can eat "shitty" foods in a healthy way.
For example. Do a carb cycle with cardio and a deficit and will you blast fat. The quality of the food does not matter, and IIFYM proves this. The only thing that improves the "quality" of a food anyway is micronutrients which you can supplement.
>>
>>35781979
Some people get to the point where they're counting so obsessively that they won't ever eat out with friends or family if the macros/calories aren't displayed where they're eating. That's pretty unhealthy and autistic
>>
>>35782015
BS
You want more than 1 g per lb

Check Lyle McDonald's Protein Book
>>
>>35782091
micronutrients from food will always be better than those from supplements
>>
>>35782068
>Implying I'm reaching
You can't argue that macros don't matter and then turn around and claim they do without it being considered a contradiction.
Go back to school lad.
>>
>>35781416
>My cut is going fine so far
>3 days

Mmhmm. Thanks for your advice there, OP.
>>
>>35782093
Yes anon but the point is that when you count calories you're able to eat wherever as long as you tally up your total as you eat. People who don't understand how universal it all is are the ones that go "no more x food, only leafy greens, fruit, etc" and then THEY can't go anywhere because muh healthy foods. Someone using IIFYM would be much less of a party pooper because they'd still eat out.
>>
>>35781416
i want to count calories, but my fitness app wont let me post my entire food intake, it says something about "not entering enough calories for the day" bullshit.
>>
>>35781754
Bingo! By now i can guess the amount of carbs by smell alone
>>
Thanks ian mcpoptarts.

I count calories dumbass, not religiously, I eat whatever I want in moderation. Having exact numbers everyday IS POINTLESS.

>tfw iffymers are insane preachers of whey and gummy bears

lol'd and kek'd

>>35782113
>hurrrdurr I'll eat nothing but chips and fries if I can't count macros
>>
>>35782091
god i fucking love you.
people here are going fucking crazy with this health obsession.
look at the guy instantly replying to you spouting BUT NUTRIENTS FROM REAL FOOD ARE """""""""BETTER""""""" BECAUSE MUH NATURE
its ridicolous, especially since it turns into another kind of dick measuring contest on the internet, which has to be one of the weirdest things on the planet.
a bunch of 20somethings trying to 1up each other at how "good, healthy and natural" they eat.
>>
>>35782091
This so much
Have fun eating your rice and and chicken, while I eat steak, pizza, ice cream, whatever the fuck I want, because I track calories and get a rough estimate of exactly how much I'm eating

It's 100x easier to scan a barcode, add up aome numbers and say oh okay I have about 300 calories left for the day than: "hmm can I eat anymore today? I guess it won't hurt to have just a Few slices of pizza, that's a small portion. (When in reality that's too much because one slice is a few hundred cals) or "Hmmm let's see what all did I eat today... Okay I guess I don't have room" when in reality you could have satisfied your hunger.

Op sounds like a fat fuck desu, yeah it's easy to lose weight by just eating less when you're going down to normal calories from 6000 a day, but if you're actually trying to get below 10% body fat and cutting slowly to preserve muscle mass, you need to know how much is too much, and how much is not enough.
>>
>>35782108
Only true if you're taking multis which seem to be placebos. Singular ingredient supplements are what they are and are literally the same. Fish oil from pills or from eating fish, makes no difference.
Just remember, let's say you want to take zinc, but you can only find it in the form of say, zinc oxide. ZnO is just one zinc paired with one oxygen, so it's half and half. 100mg of zinc oxide would only actually 50mg of elemental zinc. When you supplement single ingredients watch out for this sort of thing.
>>
>>35782189
this.
>>
>>35782152
You seem to have lost sight of what you and me are arguing about.
I do not eat chips and fries if I can't count macros, which makes no sense by the way, as you can ALWAYS count and at the very least estimate. I'm simply saying macros matter, you at first said "no they don't", then said "yes they do but no one is dumb enough to get diabetes it's called common sense", and now you're just going full retard with this whole statement that just showcases your lack of understanding.
Macros are important, and your opinion won't change this.
>>
>>35782093
You're dumb nigga, call it autistic and unhealthy all you want, they're actually make progress eating just about whatever the fuck they want because they know how much of it to eat. And if someone is too autistic to just take an estimate at a restaurant that doesn't have calorie listings, doesn't mean everyone is, but that's very rare to come upon nowadays anyways seeing as just about everywhere has nutrition information including shifty fast food places where 99% of people that go there don't give a shit about it.
>>
The only reason you all go nuts over macros is your protein intake. Again, as long as you eat sufficient calories towards x goal you'll be fine. I never said eat insanely healthy, but the majority of your diet is going to be nutrious food if you're not retarded.
>>
I see a lot of people here talking about how easy it is to cut without counting calories and of course it is. I stopped working out for a month and ate <1k calories a day and dropped ~25 lbs while mostly maintaining strength, but the calories I need to bulk now are 3900(for a light bulk [2-300kcal surplus]) and good luck hitting that right just "eating healthy".
I dont count macros(except protein) and I do go out drinking/out to dinner with friends and I can do so w.o fucking up my bulk in either direction because I count calories.
>>
>>35782100
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

What's funny is that the more experienced you are, the less protein you actually need because your body is not able to pack on as much muscle as when you first started. Diminishing returns and all that.
Before you discredit me based on the domain please actually read it. It cites the studies.
>>
If you go on an elyptical 5-6 times a week for 45-60 min you will lose fat so fast. Counting calories is autistic.
>>
>>35781416
>>35781608
Same here but it's just because I am lady
>>
>>35782256
Not sure why it even matters desu. I see a lot of people going "hurr you dont need that much protein" when really protein is easy af to get so it's not like they're spending that much effort getting it so why the fuck not?
>>
>>35782191
Multis are def not placebo... They're just pointless in a diet with all of your vitamins already in it, if someone's eating pizza 7 days a week a multi will be a godsend. Yes actually micros are in better quality in greens and whatnot, but nothing in IIFYM says you can't eat veggies AND whatever the fuck you want. Eat veggies here and there for good measure to make sure your getting good quality micros, but that doesn't mean it's all you can eat, as soon as you finish those green beans dig right into the pizza chips and ice cream assuming you still get enough protein and aren't going over cals.
>>
>>35782256
I've read it and cited this exact link myself before, until someone pointed something out to me.

Did you fully read all of those studies? Lyle McDonald (a real scientist with multiple published books on nutrition) will discredit that page because he has fully read the studies in depth. Turns out it's not as legit as you'd think skimming over it being someone with little experience studying scientific study papers
>>
Probably am autistic, I really fucking enjoy it. I used to do it with a notepad app and just calculations after weighing so I'm really enjoying myfitnesspal, I find it interesting and fun desu. Where do I hand in my normie card?
>>
>>35782273
lazy
>>
>>35782269
God, this is why everyone on fit looks like shit. I'm done w this place.

>durr do an hour on the treadmill you'll lose weight so fast no matter how much you eat
>not considering your maintenance will lower over time and you weight loss will stall
>not considering if you start eating more (which you wouldn't realize you're doing because you're not counting calories) then all that cardio goes out the fucking window and was pointless
>>
>>35782273
Stop pretending you are not a boy, Trappy, noone believes you, we've all seen your butt and benis.
>>
>>35782277
This. Eat 250g protein every day on 3k cals without supplements just because I eat meat.
>>
>>35781460
Same desu senpai
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.