[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you start off at a gym if you know know one else that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1451605537471.gif (1 MB, 540x531) Image search: [Google]
1451605537471.gif
1 MB, 540x531
How do you start off at a gym if you know know one else that lifts and you don't know how to use the equipment properly/safely and also you you have huge autism?
>>
Go when it opens so you can locate the squat rack and get some practice before anyone else wants to use it
>>
>>35664242
get a training program so you know what to do when you're there
watch some proper training vids on youtube
get in there
start lifting shit. you don't have to talk to anyone.
>>
>>35664260
but what if it's always open because it's a 24/7 gym?
>>
>>35664272
Then go at 3am
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 702x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 702x1000
>>35664260
I agree, get some practice reps in and if you need to see a workout done, (form) don't be afraid to ask. Migrate away from your parents basement.
>>
>>35664242
Pls read sticky.

The machines have instructions (with pictures!) posted that a child could understand. Don't "invent" your own exercises. Wear a reflective safety vest so people know you are autistic and have plenty of time to avoid you.
>>
R E A D T H E S T I C K Y
E
A
D

T
H
E

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
Read the bloody sticky.
>>
>>35664316
I've gone over it daily for weeks.

>>35664283
>Wear a reflective safety vest so people know you are autistic and have plenty of time to avoid you.
seriously?
>>
>>35664338
100% dead serious for realz
>>
>>35664283
Also forgot to say that I don't really plan on using any machines. Just barbell/rack for SS
>>
>>35664373
good for you. start low, like 20kg, add 5kg every time. don't rush it. you'll get there.
>>
File: S_12517G-L_L.jpg (90 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
S_12517G-L_L.jpg
90 KB, 300x400
>>35664373
They should have some vids online of people doing the exercise, also don't forget that vest brah.
>>
>>35664393
yep got it. But just quickly, what about bench presses? what happens because I've got no gym buddies to spot me?

>>35664396
I wont, I actually wear one at my job so that's a good thing, already got one.
>>
File: 0.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>35664436
you don't need anyone to spot you.
you can always save yourself just rolling bar onto your legs and sitting up. a roll of shame. it's easy.

you won't get anywhere near dangerous weights soon so no worry.
>>
>tfw you first started squatting and you got a stabbing pain in your groin area
>tfw no one told you to stretch or whatever

It's gone now, but it sucked shit.

>yfw you asked your gymbro about this but he's never heard of or experienced it
>>
>>35664505
I've had something similar once, I'm 99% sure it was just me cracking my pubic symphysis(cartilage joint in the pelvis) the same way you crack your knuckles
>>
File: image.png (600 KB, 718x902) Image search: [Google]
image.png
600 KB, 718x902
>>35664338
Of course I'm serious just pose like this between sets for those elegant gains
>>
Scott Herman is your friend on youtube for good form.

Watch him. Don't try to lift heavier because you feel like a bitch, lift appropriate weight so you can get good form and be safe. As soon as you feel like your form is wonky, stop.
>>
>>35664436
>>35664471
Don't fucking roll of shame. Definitely not after 2pl8.
It's not really dangerous until 2pl8-ish, but you should still avoid it.

Just don't put the pins on, and ditch the weight if you fuck up near your max.
Also don't max without a spotter.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.