[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Everyone Injured
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-06-30-12-14-02.png (335 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-30-12-14-02.png
335 KB, 720x1280
Why is literally everyone I know injured in some way that prevents them from lifting? Whenever I do get someone in the gym all I hear is
> I can't do this because of my shoulder, I can't do that because of my hip, I can't do that because of my ankle
These are 20somethings and literally can't/won't do any of the big 4. Anyone else have to deal with this shit?
>>
>>35664226

Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>35664308
Honestly it disgusts me. If you're young and just accept a minor injury as permanent then why even live, you're obviously not putting in any effort.
>>
>>35664226
I can't wait until you get your inevitable injury and realise how retarded you sound. You probably don't even deadlift above 4 plates.
>>
>>35664476
Try to see both sides.
Yes, there are people who have legitimate injuries that are great enough to prevent them from doing certain lifts and yes there are also people who use their injuries as an excuse when they could easily work around it.
Let me tell you something real special: You can ALWAYS design a workout, around an injury.
>>
>I cant squat it hurts my knees

Literally destined to not make it the second your dad decided to pass on his unable to squat because reason genes
>>
>>35664493
Of course you can. But you can't design a workout including squats and deadlifts around a lower back injury or a routine including heavy bench press around a rotator cuff injury,

Most people who genuinely use light injuries as an excuse have never lifted any heavy weight worth talking about anyway and are thus irrelevant.
>>
Once you go over thirty, this shit is common, if you're mid twenties you're either a fucking baby or seriously fucked. Most people are babies.
>>
>>35664476
> You can ALWAYS design a workout, around an injury.

It's kind of a requirement as you get older. Before it was plantar fasciitis for me, now it's muh shin splints.
>>
Played rugby all through college, 4 years of pretty much constantly fucking my shit up and hanging with a bunch of guys also fucking their shit up with me. We all still train, still do the big 4, etc. You rest, you rehab, you train back up to where you were, and you move the fuck on.

It always makes me lol when some fag is whining about how, "Yeah man, this old baseball injury just so terrible, better not try to progress on a major lift lest I risk re-injuring it." Until I hear the word "surgery" come out of your mouth I'm assuming you're just a complete bitch for even wanting to bring it up. And even if it was bad enough for surgery, you rehab properly and maybe do some extra warming up in the future and it's not a big deal.

It's one thing when a guy is way on the older side, and has injuries coming out of the woodwork that he got back when training science and sports medicine both sucked ass. But OP is right. Guys in their 20's who talk like they're rickety old-timers are fucking fags.
>>
>>35664226
I have mild functional scoliosis. It really fucks with my ability to do pretty much everything, shit hurts all the time but I don't look fukt. The continious insinuation from fagets that I am putting it on really gets me moist, in a bad way.

On the other end of the spectrum the permanent twist makes me a rad orthodox boxer and kickboxer. Learn to make shit work for you.

That being said I would like to squat triple digits(kg) one day...
>>
>>35664226
> Broke my arm and dislocated my shoulder 6 months ago
> Back to repping 225 after a month of lifting

theyre just fucking weak
>>
>>35664226
>These are 20somethings and literally can't/won't do any of the big 4.

just keep progressing with your SS and you too will get there
>>
>>35664790
what's a dislocated shoulder, and how do you deal with that? surgery?
>>
OHP with bad form seems like the cheapest ticket to snap city
I used to overload like a motherfucker, leaning in so much it was almost like incline bench. Eventually mid-spine started to feel sore after that shit. Deloaded by like 30%, keeping strictest form possible. Think I'd eventually break something if I kept overloading.
>>
>>35664226
I work around my injuries. but my left elbow is seriously kill. it's golfer elbow,visited the doctor with the lil money I had and he told me to just rest and ice. so atm i just train my right arm and do low weight high rep on my left
fuck u
>>
File: 1369326623923.jpg (55 KB, 480x599) Image search: [Google]
1369326623923.jpg
55 KB, 480x599
>>35664226
>>35664469
because most of the people at the gym used to do a lot of sports in high school or were otherwise active all their lives. This almost always leads to injury or some other sports related problem.

They are young, push themselves too far because
>you're obviously not putting in any effort
>hurr

Then they are fucked for life. see >>35664780
>>
>>35664476
You are the retard.

Most 20 year olds are just retards. I go into the gym and my friend from high school is there. He is benching but not touching his chest. I ask him about it and he says it's because "it messes up his shoulder."

I watch him do his shitty half bench reps and I see he clearly is hurting his shoulder because he has no idea how to bench. I have a terrible shoulder that feels insanely stiff and gives out if I bench wrong and I still can do it. People in the gym are just making tons of excuses because of ignorance.
>>
My ribcage and spine are twisted, which makes the back of the ribcage push against my spinal erectors on one side and move away from them on the other side. Visually it looks like one side is ridiculously overtrained.
Functionally, the receding side is much weaker because the bone that's supposed to be there is far away and thus I lose core pressure and strength on that side. So I can't deadlift unless I grow one side of my back muscles much more than the other which I'm sure would cause issues as well.
So fuck off
>>
>26 yr
>degenerative disc disorder
>can't squat
>can't diddy
>lower back pain 24/7 but got used to it so it doesn't bother that much
>sometimes immense pain in lower back
>fucked up left elbow because it was broken in the past
>tricep pushdowns result in elbow pain
>something not right with sternum
>dips on bars/machine result in bad sternum pain regardless the executed form
why even live familia?
>>
>30
>Should injury and bad knee, because life punishes you for being retarded at times
>Still Squat, Deadlift, OHP and Bench
>Cousin who is a doctor said that my exercising routines help as long as I dont overdo it

At first my shoulder and knees hurt a lot. I just endured the pain in the beginning and now I barely feel anything. Most people are bitches who can't get through any hardships. They rather be lazy fucks and have an excuse for their shitty lives.
>>
>>35664226
people be injured from doing stupid shit, or they are coming up with excuses as to why their strength isn't there.

I have slight back and knee injuries from my time in the fucking ARMY cuz of roadmarches, runs, and all sorts of crossfit shit they had us do for a time. I can still squat 3 plate, despite all that.
>>
>>35666943
>I have slight back and knee injuries from my time in the fucking ARMY
>slight
faggot
>>
>>35664780

Exactly, a lot of people tell me "i don't do squat because of my knee". And i've had 1 surgery and multiple injuries in my left knee, but i still manage to hit 405 5x5 with no problems.

My little brother does Weightlifting and he's injured most of the time, but you have to keep on going. Minor injuries should not restrain you from training or improving yourself
>>
>>35664226
>Why is literally everyone I know injured in some way that prevents them from lifting?
Because morons try to do too much too soon instead of starting out easy and working their way up like they're supposed to do, so they strain rip and tear tendons and ligaments and damage cartilege.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.