[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ I need help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: 1448721677851.jpg (30 KB, 282x242) Image search: [Google]
1448721677851.jpg
30 KB, 282x242
Hey fit, fatass here.

I have a problem with eating, and don't know how to control myself. I noticed while running yesterday that my knees hurt. So I weighed myself and looked up my BMI, and found out I recently crossed the threshold for Obesity as my BMI is 30 exactly.

I'm asking you because this isn't exactly covered in the sticky. I'm not drowning myself in soda, chips, and candy. I can't afford that. I just eat too fucking much.

The simple answer is obviously to just eat less. I have issues though. I know I can't be the only one on /fit/ with psychological issues. So I was hoping someone who has struggled with mental health problems in relation to their weight could give me some advice.

I grew up in a poor family. I maintained a healthy weight most of my life, but when I was 16 I ended up homeless and on my own for a year for a combination of reasons. During this time I practically starved. I mean real starvation. I hit 110 pounds. I was stealing food from stores and dumpster diving for food. An entire rotisserie chicken might be the only substantial thing I would eat for a week or more. (Easy to steal but I wouldn't do it often for fear of getting caught. )

Eventually I caught up with family in another state, and started putting on weight again. However, I've never really been "full" since. I'm always hungry. I always want to eat. I have no issues with discipline and responsibility when it comes to money, work, my education, sex, booze, ect. I have absolutely no self control with food though, and it's killing me.

It's not a normal hunger. It's desperate, panicked, agonizing. I know I'm not going to starve. I know that's behind me.

I need advice on this /fit/. I have to overcome this and I don't know how.

> Select all food
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 350x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 350x370
Soda, chips and candy aren't filling, which is how you can eat so much and still be hungry. Replace those with fiber, fat, and protein filled foods and it should help a bit.
>>
>>35664095
Dude, I'm not even reading that. Just eat less. There's literally nothing more to it. Oh, you're still hungry? Well congratu-fucking-lations, you're dieting to lose weight. If you actually want to lose the weight, you will. If not, then you'll stay where you are, if not, worse.
>>
>>35664095
>ect
>>
>>35664095
Stop eating when you aren't hungry, not when you are full. It seems like you have the same issue heroin/coke addicts have, constantly chasing this feeling of satisfaction, and every time you get close, it gets further away the next time. As your body keeps adapting to eating larger quantities of food and constantly processing said food, that feeling of satisfaction goes away and you eat more, you aren't actually hungry you just don't have the feeling of fullness. Honestly you are just going to have to get used to that and learn to exercise willpower. Try drinking coffee(black with no more than 2 sugars) to suppress appetite, drink water/chew gum when you get that not-actually-hungry feeling between meals, and eat meals that are macronutrient-balanced with plenty of vitamins/minerals and complex carbs, good fat, and protein for satiety.

It will be hard, it may take months and you probably will have to deal with occasional cravings for the rest of your life but it gets easier and life gets better.
>>
>>35664985
At least read his post.

>I'm not drowning myself in soda, chips, and candy. I can't afford that. I just eat too fucking much.
>>
>>35664095
>I'm not drowning myself in soda, chips, and candy. I can't afford that. I just eat too fucking much.
Feel free any time soon to specify what it is you do eat.
>>
>>35664095
What do you eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks if you dont say everything that you normally eat we cant help
>>
File: u4abegt.jpg (92 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
u4abegt.jpg
92 KB, 1024x904
So you have a food addiction? Normal. But that food addiction is because of a trauma ? Normal.

Look faggot, just meditate or something . Go cold turkey. If you're financially stable it shouldn't be too hard to overcome your eating problem.
>>
>>35664095
Hahahaha
A problem that stems from a lack of problems
First world problems man
Just challenge yourself to know exactly how many calories you're eating
Ignorance is what's killing you
Not willpower
Faggot
>>
Op are you still here? Fucking tell us what you eat since what most fatties eat isnt actually filling
>>
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>35665209
>>35665234

Too much. An example of a breakfast:

1 serving cream of wheat/oats (rolled or steal cut, not instant) with berries and walnuts or pecans. 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.

Sounds decent? Lol add two eggs, sausage, bacon, and a hash of onions/peppers/corn.

Lunch? Homemade soup. I usually make a big pot and portion out the leftovers to last me a week of lunches. If I'm particularly hungry I'll add a sandwich. A BLT or chicken sandwich on a heavy bread usually.

Dinner ranges but it's usually your standard meat/potatoes/vegetable stuff. Issue is I'll eat two servings, and they are already the size of two servings.

I try to get 2-3 servings of grains, and the rest as veggies/fruits/protein. For snacks it depends. Often between breakfast and lunch I'll eat several apples and other assorted fruit, a bunch of carrots and a bell pepper. If I'm reading/watching a movie/playing videogames it's nothing for me to kill an entire bag of grapes or two cartons of berries like they were potato chips.

My policy on sugar and fast food is "little to none. " . Due to teeth issues growing up and diabetes in the family I stay clear. If I do eat it, I only let myself if I make the sweets myself, which is rare because of laziness and time constraints.

I still run, a habit from highschool track team. However after counting my calories and my cardio for a week I'm left with the estimate that I'm eating between 4500-6500 calories a day.
>>
>>35664095
just constantly drink a fuck ton of water and filling foods like veggies and meats. If you really have a craving for soda just drink diet. It comes with a plethora of problems but at least it won't cause you to gain weight
>>
>>35664095

> I have absolutely no self control with food though

/thread
>>
>>35665418
Just eat less then. The feeling of hunger and deprivation WILL fade eventually believe me. You just have to soldier through it.
>>
File: 37-intredasting.jpg (40 KB, 604x499) Image search: [Google]
37-intredasting.jpg
40 KB, 604x499
>>35665418
No fucken way that adds up to 6500 calories a day. Especially if you eating vegetables and fruit.

What you really eating?
>>
>>35665209
>>35665234

Copious amounts of icecream and chocolate.
>>
>>35665418
Tbh I think your problem is mostly psychological and you need to work on that with a doctor or something, and your willpower. Being fit and healthy requires a certain mindset that you develop, if I was you I would eat the same stuff but just less and slowly decreasing the amount you eat as your stomache heals from being stretched due to your years of overeating, for example eat 1 serving of dinner and no bacon/eggs etc. With breakfast.

Sure you will be hungry and crave food but that all goes away soon. Good luck and Godspeed
>>
>>35664095
>I'm asking you because this isn't exactly covered in the sticky.
>...
>I have to overcome this and I don't know how.

So you are getting plenty of decent nutrition and probably get decent sleep, but instead of lifting and building the strength which will vastly increase your quality of life you are trying to prematurely wear down your joints and worry about eating healthy food?

BMI is a two-dimensional measurement of a four dimensional object. The only weight which should concern you is the one on the bar as you squat, press and deadlift five or ten pounds more than last time. This is covered in the sticky. I know because that's where I found it when I was weak and fat.

Lift, eat and sleep.
>>
>>35664095
I would make sure you dont have any parasitic infections like a tapeworm from a doc, op. Then I'd probably talk to a therapist about your past and cut and count calories and start hittin the gym. You'll need to sort out your willpower of course.
>>
File: 1439003887738.jpg (70 KB, 697x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439003887738.jpg
70 KB, 697x1024
>>35664095

Hey. Hey OP.

You want to lose weight?

Stop shoving everything into your face you fat piece of shit.
If you can't even manage basic self-control like a normal human, there's nothing we can do for you.

You'll never make it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.