[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ I have a little problem. A "friend" of mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1450783638744.jpg (109 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1450783638744.jpg
109 KB, 533x800
/fit/ I have a little problem.
A "friend" of mine is one of those people that exaggerates every physical thing he can do when he tells someone and he blatantly lies about some shit.

Says he can run 5miles in 30 minutes
Says he can bench 135 for 10 reps at 5" 8 120lbs maybe less
Says was a state boxing champion in Mexico when he was 14-15.
The thing is I know he cant do this shit. He is a twig who can't beat a 5" 3 100lb kid in arm wrestling.
So, I ask you how can I debunk his claims using facts and math? His claims are far fetched but people believe him because they don't realize what the actually entail physically.
>>
Leave him alone and let him wallow in his lies... Fuck you're determined when he himself already knows
>>
>>35563045
>So, I ask you how can I debunk his claims using facts and math?
Don't.
You'll just show everyone else that you're butthurt and not cool guy to be friends with. Leave him be.

Optionally you can also lie a bit. If you have a good physique, tell everyone that 135lbs bench is difficult even for your weight/height/years in training. Do this passive/aggressively.
>>
>>35563067
But I really want to put him on blast. He always is saying he can do these things like they are nothing when I work hard as fuck for them. It's bullshit.
>>
>>35563104
Race him. Loser will stfu
>>
>>35563100
I am 5" 10 165.
I look like I lift compared to normies, but c'mon its ridiculous that people believe him.
I have at least 45 pounds on him, and he says he can outlift me. I've been lifting for 2 years with lots of dedication and people mire, but he always makes up some propsterous feat he did some time ago or whatever. It's infuriating to have every milestone overshadowed by someone's lie.
>>
File: 1450386097190.jpg (61 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1450386097190.jpg
61 KB, 500x384
>>35563118
I already offer to best him in stuff.
>"can't bench for few months because my dad told him to rest my muscles"
>"Can't race you because there is never a good time"
>"My dad says I'm not allowed to spar you b-bro, I might h-hurt you"
He is an excuse machine.
>>
change friends OP
>>
>>35563187
>>35563187
If hes Mexican theres a chance that its really hard for him to admit that he lied and realizes he is just digging himself into a bigger hole. idk its a culture thing admitting u lied or that ur wrong here.
>>
>>35563045
Wait, 135lbs is difficult? That is a 45lb bar with two 45s on it. That is what I benched in highschool as a fatass the ONE time I benched, I decided it was too embarassing and haven't benched since.....
>>
>>35563045
Pick the fucker up in front of everyone and go running around with him on your shoulders, it will force him to prove his manhood or forever be known as a bitch.
>>
>>35563118
No. Race him and be all like "sheeeit I must be able to run 6 or 7 miles in 30 mins
>>
>>35563045
Just smack him around a bit and call him a lil bitch
>>
All his feats sound believable though, I know a guy that's a pro boxer despite being fat as fuck.

Just fight with him and youll know if hes telling bullshit or not.
>>
>>35565427
Never wants to spar. He is scared he'll hurt me to bad
>>
>>35563045
Here's the thing op. Nobody actually believes his bullshit. Your other friends do not actually believe the little mousy fast mouth is really the boxing champ he claims to be or that he can lift as much as he said he can. We all have met someone like that. Most people just humor the little pest and let him dig his own hole with his lies. If you really want to put him "on blast" the best way is next time he claims something retarded just chuckle and say something like "here we go again" or ask him to prove it and follow up his inevitable excuse with "that's what I thought."
In general whenever he starts talking big just treat him like the little scamp he is and be a little condescending or play along as if he was being ironic or just trade knowing glances with someone else in the group or just give him a you're full of shit look. There are a multitude of ways to handle the situation depending on different factors. The safest solution though is to just ignore it.
>>
beat the fuck outta him.. wear a trump shirt and hat. tell him to gtfo of america after you whip his ass a little bit.. dont hurt him just embarrass him
>>
>>35563045
ask him to demonstrate
easiest way is just to challenge him in a "fun" way
like if you happen to encounter a hanging bar see who can do the most pushups
>>
>>35565679
>Never wants to spar. He is scared he'll hurt me to bad
Just belt him, a real boxer will soon put you right.
>>
>>35566106
I have someone at work who also constantly lies about stuff. Has "hand" and "foot cancer", survived severe car crash, has had birthday party with over 200 friends, has been in spain for vacation but cant come up with consistent details when I ask for them.

The problem is he is completely oblivious to all the shit I give him for it. When he tells a story my other colleagues look on the floor in shame and I just start laughing, but he does it again and again...

Thinking about snuffing him out. What are my options here? Pls respond
>>
>>35566743
Yeah, just turn into a solid gut punch.
Everytime you see him, punch him in the gut as hard as you can.
Its win win. Either he proves himself, defends and punches back or he goes down like a sack of potatoes everytime.
Either way is great.
>>
>>35563045
>Says he can bench 135 for 10 reps
>Implying 135 for 10 reps is hard, even for a skeleton
Kek
>>
File: 1434697377484.jpg (38 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1434697377484.jpg
38 KB, 640x512
post more short haired asians

we lowtest now
>>
>>35566743
Been boxing for like 5 years now.
You can tell when someone is going to hit you.
So right straight to the jaw head on.
If you hit him, hes probably not a boxer.
>>
>>35563187

Just over a period of time casually ask him to race / lift over text, and then when enough time passes show him the 20 or so times he refused to race you. He won't be able to deny that he's a bullshitter.

You'll probably lose your friend though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.