[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/ Do any of you get depressed or deal with inefriority
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: picture.png (247 KB, 408x399) Image search: [Google]
picture.png
247 KB, 408x399
So /fit/
Do any of you get depressed or deal with inefriority complex when going to the gym?
I started great for a month but went do a depressive episode (unrelated) . Now I wanna go back, but don't wanna quit again. But when you see the Chads with the sick gains, you feel like shit and talk yourself down.
What do?
>>
>>35561896
man the fuck up and do it for yourself. nothing valualbe or worthanything was ver gained from being lazy and taking the easy way out.

When I get this way with my weight loss I get on YouTube and watch other peoples videos and see their transformation and what they were to what they are now. It pumps me up and makes me want to go running or punching the bag or something active that makes me sweat and get tired. You need to find something that motivates you like that.
>>
HOMEGYM MASTER RACE REPORTING FOR DUTY!
>>
File: 417rESpW0DL._SY355_.jpg (15 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
417rESpW0DL._SY355_.jpg
15 KB, 355x355
>>35561896
Try not to see the Chads in the gym as enemies, but as inspiration instead. Try to imagine how each one of them looked like before they started lifting - how fat/skinny they were.

If they can do it, you can do it.
>>
>>35561896
hop on the tren train
>>
I look up to strong guys and I think I want to become like them, and I mentally make fun of guys weaker than I
>>
>>35561896
Every Chad there started as skinny/as fat as you.
>>
>>35561896
You posted this yesterday
Go lift your depression away
>>
>>35564064
>he doesn't live with seven swole frat boys
>>
>>35561896
After going to the gym for a year with the same mentality (and making no gains because of it), I switched to calisthenics at home. Much cheaper than home gym and I'm actually making progress now cause my social anxiety (aka being a sperglord) isn't holding me back
>>
At my current gym, I usually have more gains than the majority of other people in there lifting. Back at my uni gym there were maybe only 3 other regulars there that were of my size or bigger.

I feel like people assume I'm there just to show off or something. I think it's possible a few might even take my presence negatively. Because of this, I always try to come off polite, keep to myself, keep equipment clean, and often ask if someone is done with weights, cables, or machines before I start using them.

In my experience a lot of other guys that have been in the lifting game a long time, most are actually really welcoming when someone asks for advice. I think it's great when I see guys and girls in there that might be new to lifting but are at least in there making a positive change in their lives.

So OP, those guys you see that make you feel worthless are either

>1) Way too focused on their routine and aren't giving you a second notice even though you think they are looking down on you

>2) Notice you're there, are thinking "good for him for being here" and would welcome the chance to give a few tips

The more they see you there lifting, the more respect they'll have for you.

Don't give up just because you feel inferior. That won't be the case forever.
>>
>>35561896
The only person you should be comparing yourself to is the person you were yesterday.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.