[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have all the resolutioners in your gym given up yet? Mine have.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 45
File: header.jpg (107 KB, 972x729) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
107 KB, 972x729
Have all the resolutioners in your gym given up yet? Mine have.

NYR bitching/lol thread.
>>
I saw a couple of them during the christmas holiday but now that school and work have started again, it's just like it always has been. At least in the mornings, when I go. Don't know about the evenings.
>>
I sure hope so, it was absolute hell for this first week at the ymca. Coming back from a weekend business trip tomorrow and the gym better be fucking empty
>>
>>35559755
There were never any resolution ears in mine to begin with, really.

Most of the people I've seen for the last year have been regulars.
>>
I start back at work on monday and I need to be in the gym by 4:30am so all the NYR will still be in bed asleep then.
>>
I workout at an invite only Powerlifting gym so this is the first time I haven't had to deal with NYR folks. It's cool because it's business as usual but then again you don't get to see that small percentage of folks that join and get it done and make it, and that's a cool thing to see. But at least no one curls in the squat racks.
>>
>>35559755
>tfw small town
>tfw run into HS friend at the gym
>He thinks I'm a NYR
>Been a member for two months
>I'm gonna roll with it cause he's made crazy gainz since I last saw him and he wants to practice his PT/bodybuilding skills
>T-thanks Aaron

Also
>Went to gym at 9:00pm - 12:00am
>Not a single person the entire time
>Feels good man
>>
>Be me on diddlylifts/squat day
>been going to this gym only a couple months but been lifting around a year
>6 people walk in 3 guys 3 girls probably bf/gf and go to treadmill while I'm squatting
>By time I'm on deadlifts they come down and use machines
>Repping 3.5 pl8 on deads all the girls are mirin' >they ask their bfs why they're not doing those
>bfs reply with "those are useless"
>As they finish saying this they begin gathering around the squat rack and curling just the bar
>mfw my first time ever seeing people curling in the squat rack
>mfw no face can describe my rage at this point.
Thought curling in the squat rack was a meme the whole time.
>>
>>35559969
Curling in the squat rack is nothing. I have people come into the gym and use every cable machine there is as a bicep exercise, and then do curls in the squat rack and dumbbell curls. Nothing else, just like 8 different types of curls.
>>
>>35559985
Do you think people watch broscience and take it seriously? I just don't get why the resolutioners think curling is all they need to do.
>>
File: 1442394343664.jpg (390 KB, 958x1440) Image search: [Google]
1442394343664.jpg
390 KB, 958x1440
>>35559835

>I workout at an invite only Powerlifting gym
>>
>>35559755
The NYRers at my gym are mostly fat housewives who stick to the ellipticals and dyel teenagers who get intimidated out of the weight room cause it's mostly bodybuilders and powerlifters, they're the nicest guys in the world but I guess they're scared of being around people that could rip their heads off
>>
>yesterday
>go to gym during peak hours because I'm a moron
>gym just opened 3 months ago, brand new equipment, everything clean and nice
>cardio section is packed, every treadmill, bike, etc taken
>hamplanets huffing and puffing
>their synchronized stomps could be felt through the padded floor
>could barely hear the music over the din stomping feet and the whine of bikes and elipticals.
>pay it no mind, free weight area sorta empty
>finish last set, head home

Later that evening, I was bored and had a lot of energy, so I went back to the gym to bust out some cardio.

>get to gym
>stretch out and get changed
>head to the treadmills
>long bank of 20 or so facing TVs
>hop on first treadmill in row
>turns on and immediately turns off
>ok no biggie
>step over to next one
>belt twists around on roller and locks up machine
>step over to next one
>power is dead, wont even come on
>ok....
>next machine
>turns on, do setup
>finally
>hit go, step on belt ready to get started
>motor starts to whine really high pitched louder and louder
>hit emergency stop
>fucking hell, what's going on
>fifth machine
>emergency cord ripped the fuck out, half the buttons are popped off and laying in the tray
>next machine is stuck in highest incline
>don't even bother with it
>about to say fuck it and head home
>finally find machine that works
>not even in the mood to do cardio anymore
>find the only machine that NYRs don't bother with
>the hamplanet's bane
>the upright bike
>hit that cardo and leave

Tldr - fatass stampede of NYRs have completely destroyed all my brand new gym's cardio equipment in a matter of days.
>>
>tfw guilty of curling in the squat rack

Taking the Olympic bar out of the rack just makes the rack useless. Might as well do my curls in it and save space.
>>
>>35559886
>he wants to practice his PT/bodybuilding skills
give him proper honest feedback and you can both profit immensly from each other. If he's new with the whole PT thing he especially needs to know when he's to harsh or too relaxed with you. tell him exactly at what times he is motivating you and selling health and fitness in a way you would buy and when he isn't, that will be the most important thing for him to make money later.
>>
File: dead and unconcious.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dead and unconcious.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>35559886
>>He thinks I'm a NYR
>>Been a member for two months
>>
>>35560065
Why don't you do it with the EZ curl bar in the curling area god fucking damn it
>>
>>35560292
Straight bar is superiour but that is still no excuse to curl in the squat rack desu
>>
>>35560326
the difference between ez and straight is negligible
>>
>>35559755

Ive seen a lot of people going round the gym with Personal trainers try to build a balanced program, then come in another day and just walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

A lot of Dyels have also come up to me with sheets of paper in their hands (PT set routines) asking where this or that machine is when im trying to workout.
>>
>>35560065
>Taking the Olympic bar out of the rack just makes the rack useless. Might as well do my curls in it and save space.
that's not true if there are atleast one more bar than racks in your gym
>>
>>35560369
There isn't in mine. It's kinda annoying.

I do my diddlies in the power cage, but I could easily do them somewhere else if they just had an extra bar.
>>
>>35560386
do you go to a gym that doesn't have a dedicated bench press rack?
>>
>>35559755
fuark which ff is that?
>>
>>35560410
It does but they're almost always used (more than power cages because we have many) so it doesn't really make sense to snag that bar.
>>
>>35559755

>be me
>enter gym on january the 3rd for the first time this year, since i was on vacation before
>nyr's everywhere
>i start with benchpress and after finishing my sets i forget my towel on my bench, the other available bench is blocked and while i am doing DB press on the front i notice a nyr faggotlord standing next to my bench
>While i do my second set of DB press i walk back to my towel on the bench, grab it and wipe of my sweat and put it back on the bench before walking back to my DB bench
>do my last set
>he walks up to me and is like "d-do y-you need that bench?"
>i am like "fuck yeah, dont you see my towel resting there?
>put back in in ears
>see him walk away
>never saw him again since that day

fuck all of you dyels wasting SPACE and AIR.
>>
>>35560568

i started working out in november and am realy affraid that something like this happens.

fuck you.
>>
>>35559793
this
NYRs never lift before 7. that's why they quit
>>
>>35559755
I never noticed anything to begin with. There may be like two or three new faces around, but I don't care why they are there. Same last year, really.
>>
>>35560326
Straight bar targets your bicep better, but at a cost of putting more strain on your wrists.

I'd rather my gains go slightly slower than risk another wrist injury.
>>
>>35560568
You are a real horsehole.
>>
Last year I had a series of really bad seizures and wasn't allowed to put any stress on my head, neck, or back for about 10 months, including doing any weightlifting and even not being able to walk for a month. I was cleared by my doctor earlier this week that I'm able to resume normal actions including weightlifting. I got a sick discount at my gym because of NYR specials. I lost a lot of my muscle mass though and now I'm struggling to just bench press the bar without my arms turning into spaghetti
>>
>>35560568
you are a true asshole. if you are reasonable built you are extremely intimidating on new people and give all other lifters a bad name.
>>
>>35559755
There were a lot less than expected.
But that's probably because there was another gym of the same chain opened more in the center of the city.
I'm going there tomorrow to see what it's like
>>
Most resolutioners at my gym are really sexy girls who just want to "tone up" or "lose 10 pounds" so I really can't complain. There were a few guys but they already gave up.
My resolution was to do more cardio, and so far I've kept to my planned early morning cardio schedule, so that's kind of nice.
All in all, successful new year.
>>
The cardio machines are still swarmed with the elderly, but the free weights at my gym never got that crowded and are already tapering back down to normal levels. The last of the kids home from college should be gone by next week, and it will be business as usual for another year
>>
>>35559985
>>35560001
>tfw not doing eight different types of curls
>tfw don't even have curls in my routine
Maybe I'll make a curl routine
>>
>>35559755
Lol I can workout during offhours BC self employed but evry time thers one or 2 nyrs there
>>
>>35559755
I actually love NYR now.
The gym was totally packed today so I had an audience to watch me diddly lift 170kg for 5 reps while being shredded. Everyone was fucking mirin
>>
>>35562713

Of course i am reasonable built im lifting since 3 years without a break while these NYR faggots waste air in my dungeon and will quit anyway in a few weeks.
>>
>>35562524
This man speaks the truth.

You may not feel it at the time, but the next day your wrist will be super fucked up and you may not even be able to shitpost.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 332x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 332x375
Monday
>see two ham planets circling around the weight area.
>don't pick up any weights, use the smith machine without putting any weight on it
>45 year old women everywhere, the aftermath of a spinning class
>they take all the lower weight dumbells and do aerobics

Wednesday
>two old dudes stand around the pull-up bar and this curling machine
>they just call each other pussies and start curling on the machine
>one dude keeps a toothpick in his mouth at all times even when he does cardio

Thursday
>see a fat guy (must be atleast 300 pounds) rocking back and forth and side to side in the squat rack with 5 pound weights on the bar

Friday
>this old phillapino dude won't stop staring at me when I do my deadlifts and barbell rows.
>he attempts one rep of my weight and then runs over to the seated row machine

Saturday
>some fat guy in the locker room gets upset that I won't say good morning to him and I call him a "hurt feelings little pussy"
>management talks to me about "providing a threatening atmosphere"
>when I finish my workout there is an old man completely naked standing in front of my locker

H..H..happy new year guise.....
>>
>>35559755
I use my Uni Gym
People move into the dorms tomorrow
Classes start Wednesday
My hell hasn't even begun.
>>
>>35559969
I witness a guy that was doing curls on the deadlift platform. He would place the barbell on the platform, pick it up, curl, and then go do tricep extensions on the cable machine.

Since it was my deadlift day, I just walked over and took over his barbell on the platform without asking when he was doing tricep extensions.
>>
>>35560059
Reminds me of my former gym...

>be on elliptical for some cardio
>look arround, see some fat woman and some dad bods
>the dad bods on the other elliptical alternatly hump on the machine on one leg, whole machine shaking
>few days later after i finish my workout go back to cardio area
>hop on elliptical
>whines like you step on a cats tail
>next is the same
>next is the same
>next is the same
>next is the same
>next is the same
>next is out of order
>next is out of order
>settle for the stationary bike
>>
The years before were awful, so I was fully prepared. I've seen a few new faces amongst the regulars, but nothing to complain about.

It's weird, my coworker said his gym has gone QUIETER since christmas.
>>
File: Now_is_The_time_to_be_upset.gif (1 MB, 520x375) Image search: [Google]
Now_is_The_time_to_be_upset.gif
1 MB, 520x375
>Just fucking now.
>Bike 15 fucking minutes to gym.
>Change into gym-clothes and walk into the freeweight-area, with two hours before closing-time.
>Entire fucking freeweight-area fucking packed.
>Six Racks and two power-cages all fucking taken.

What makes it fucking worse is, that ppl in my gym use the fucking racks as a social-event, so 6-7 fucking ppl crowd around in tights and oly-shoes to squats, and then take for fucking ever, because they have to warm up for a half fucking hour before squatting the fucking bar; afterwards, they have to inspect each others form, talk and 'be rly rly srs bout squatting' with 'rly rly rly srs technique' FUCK! FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

When these fucking ppl aren't there, it's a paradise of free weight, but when they are there, they are fucking eyeing the fucking rack you are using, because they allways come in big fucking crowds, and they stay for so fucking long, shitting their fucking time away, that there is a build-up of ppl trying to get in some free-weight exercises.

The worst thing is, that there is a 'garage' attached to my gym specificly for these ppl, but they never bother going down there, because they have to walk 200 meters!!! FUUUCK!
>>
>>35562964
Morning news shows are scared to run their usual "get in shape for the new year" bullshit for fear of fat shaming accusations.
>>
My gym was as empty as usual Thursday night so I guess so. Kinda sad, it's only been a week!
>>
>>35563041

Needless to say, I turn 360 and walked out of there, because I knew, I wasn't gonna have a chance at finding an open rack.

I have been seriously thinking about setting up a gym in my basement, so I can train i fucking peace.
>>
>>35562805
still no reason to be an ass. you too started as skeletor or skinnyfat.
>>
Haven't gone in 2 days, I'm going today. Hopefully not because I like the easy mires I get
>>
New years has been great for me.
The only consistent new ones are a scottish father and son, quite fat and probably about 60 and 30 respectively who can both bench 2.5pl8 for reps, and are friendly with everyone. And there's a guy who acknowledges me and vice versa.
Finally, the small and fat new years people just stop using equipment if you ask them to work in or how many sets they have left. It couldn't have gone better.
>>
File: skinnyfit.jpg (410 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfit.jpg
410 KB, 600x800
Who /Unigym/ here? Post what people at your gym are like

NYRfags:
>skinnyfat dyel frat kids who just pledged last semester
>skelly asians who come in groups of 3 or more, guys and girls do the same exercises with the same weight lol
>pajeets gonna pajeet
>black guys who you can tell are new but they already aren't dyel
>fat black girls working up a sweat, too bad they won't stick with it
>sorority girls wearing bright ass 90s workout clothing attached to bosu balls
>fat people doing ab work very poorly and to no effect
>pasty kids doing SS and spending all day in the squat rack I shit you not

I feel like the experienced people like to show out too:
>super hot 9/10 /fit/ blonde girl who comes in and looks exactly like pic related (including the outfit), does her whole plyometrics workout like this and everyone's mirin
>some swole as fuck guys come in and rep 315 on bench, pretty damn impressive
>Guy doing weighted pullups and windshield wipers in the middle of the gym just because he can
>some bigger dudes flex in the mirror between sets, have abs even in January (mirin)
>another really hot really tall girl (like 6'0) walking around the gym on her hands because she can

That's all I got for now
>>
>>35560568
You suck, man. Not only are you tying up equipment, but you're rude about it too.
>>
I work out in a small gym where I pretty much know by sight everyone, I've only seen maybe 5 people I don't know since NYE.
I sometimes envy the distraction between sets and the cute girls that you guys must have.
>>
>>35560059
Fuckin christ, I feel bad for the gym owner
>>
>>35563098
>new
>can bench 2.5pl8 for reps at 60 years old
what
>>
>>35562876
good for you, thats a fair thing to do
at my gym everyone is polite, they always ask if they are too close to you, never come near you when lifting, never walk in front of you when deadlifting in front of the mirror, always ask if you need a spot....cant imagine someone going on on a dl platform to do friggin curls
>>
>started lifting last week
>been neverous about gyms for years
>been nearly every day, everyone is super polite
>already feel more confident in life
>>
>>35560001
>>35559985
8 HOUR ARM WORKOUT CMON
>>
>>35563366
Eh, I'm sure the unused monthly dues and cancellation fees of the nyr legions offset maintenance on a few treadmills
>>
>>35559755
Nope. Attendance from 9pm onwards is like 5x the amount it was before. No one has asked for my rack during this time though, so I don't really mind.
>>
>lift at uni gym
>it's been peaceful but classes start tomorrow
>i fear those who are moving back into dorms will begin their resolution tomorrow at the gym
>my heart skips a beat every time i consider the possibility of not getting a squat rack
>>
File: 15485348653468.jpg (32 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
15485348653468.jpg
32 KB, 320x320
>>35564089
im not looking forward to this.. my uni gym is the size of a large storage closet at best. my goddamn power cage better not be taken
>>
>>35564089
>>35565210
>tfw my uni gym was closed for a month over winter break because its doubling its size
>even last semester it was almost never too crowded that I had to wait for anything
I can't fucking wait till it reopens in a few days
>>
File: images-30.jpg (6 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
images-30.jpg
6 KB, 252x200
>>35559755
>mfw Slavshit
>mfw superior home gym master race
>mfw doing mostly street workout
>mfw don't have to deal with NYR
>mfw being lifting Slavshit is good for once
>>
File: smile.gif (1 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
1 MB, 480x480
>>35565999
>>
>>35559755

They never even started this year because of the weather. Last year was a bloody nightmare so this makes up for it.
>>
>>35560568
guys that use steroids.get their asses handed to them in fights. Here's hoping someone puts you in your place cock guzzler
>>
File: black girl laugh.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
black girl laugh.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>35566098
>>
Still a few cardio bunnies in my gym but otherwise it's business as usual. A lot more fat guys on the stationary bikes too

There's like 5 women in my gym who lift and have amazing bodies. Good god are they hot
>>
File: 1382573345169.gif (967 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1382573345169.gif
967 KB, 245x250
>going back to uni on the 17th

W-Will they be gone
>>
>>35566077
would fuck, perfect milf
>>
>>35563403
My guess is that they swapped gyms, or were powerlifters and fell out of it and are just coming back now.
>>
File: 1451964427194.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1451964427194.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>35560568

>tfw gym bully

You're doing God's work, anon.
>>
>>35566098

Every moderately-successful professional fighter on earth is roided to the gills. Welcome to /fit/, resolutioner scum.
>>
File: rich pana.jpg (46 KB, 526x568) Image search: [Google]
rich pana.jpg
46 KB, 526x568
>>35559985
8 exercises.
8 hours.
one mutant.

C'MON!!!!!!
>>
>>35566312
RIP PIANO MAN
>>
>>35560568
Short man syndrome? I'm only 5'8, and I don't get it this bad. Are you like 4ft?
>>
>>35560241
Good call, will do

>>35560261
Yeah I know, came off a spine injury need to strengthen my back before I can go back to work so the injury doesn't return/get worse
>>
>>35559755
Classes start back up next week and the dorms open back up tomorrow. It's about to begin.

H-hold me bros.
>>
>>35560568
>tfw being bullied by DYEL
>>
>>35559755
Looks like comfy gym t b h familo
>>
File: What.jpg (56 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
56 KB, 480x640
>>35566166
>milf
That's a kid you fucking autist. Mid 20s tops. When was the last time you've seen a girl irl?
>>
File: mfw.png (52 KB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
52 KB, 158x158
>go to wash my hands after my workout
>guy in just a towel sitting on the sink, drying his feet with the hand dryer
>>
No it isn't, I don't remember who is staying and who has hone since Jan, I can't remember their faces but the gym is busy as fuck, even in the afternoon where as before the afternoon was the most chill time ever to lift
>>
>>35567819
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Poklonskaya
>>
>>35560059
>not using the rowing machine
>>
Jesus I envy you,my gym is always crowded.
>>
>gym only has two squat racks
>taken by a girl doing quarter rom squats with just the bar for 100 sets
>other is some dude and his gf squating 50lbs
>>
File: Oh.png (543 KB, 520x580) Image search: [Google]
Oh.png
543 KB, 520x580
>>35567856
>Born 18 March 1980 (age 35)
>Children 1 daughter Anastasiya (Russian: Aнacтacия)

WHAT
>>
File: waaa.jpg (74 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
waaa.jpg
74 KB, 1920x1080
>>35559793
>>35562346
>Gyms that are open 24 hs
I didnt ask to be born in a third world country,this fucking envy is eating my insides.
>>
>>35563163
>tfw pasty kid doing ss

At least now that my work sets are past lmao2pl8 I feel like less of a doofus
>>
The worst kind of NYR fags are those who talk to strangers or their friend about how they're going at it scientifically with total broscience

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>35560568
haha I would have just taken your towel and thrown it away and used the bench
>>
>>35559755
I'm just glad schools start next week so all the school kiddies will not be able to go in the mornings.
Fucking dyels hogging all micro plates because its all they can do. Literally saw a kid curling with 3 plates of 5lbs on each side of the ez curl bar. The fucking gym only has 6 of those.
>>
>>35559985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxRhtZLItY
>>
>>35562524
this, fuck straight bar.
>>
File: u srs nigga.jpg (68 KB, 460x342) Image search: [Google]
u srs nigga.jpg
68 KB, 460x342
>>35568082
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be sarcastic or this guy is actually a retard
>>
>>35568501
>being such a newfag
kill yourself.
>>
>>35568501
I think you might be the retard.
>>
>>35568501
I know it can be hard to tell in this day and age, but try not to be so cynical.
>>
>>35559755
Looking at that gym makes me sad :(

I use a home gym that I made. It includes a bench ( Non adjustable ) 4 bars + an assisted curling bar, a lat pull down bar, 2 adjustable dumbbells and 3 dozen weights ranging fr 2.5 pounds - 35 pounds ( Most are 25 pounds)

There are so many things I cant do, like proper squats.
>>
>>35568082

this is so fucking retarded. I love this video.
>>
>>35567819
She's more than 20, but also
>implying 85% of women today don't get knocked up by accident by their mid twenties
>>
File: 1392827252569.jpg (56 KB, 492x305) Image search: [Google]
1392827252569.jpg
56 KB, 492x305
>>35568082
What shoes are those he's wearing?
>>
>>35560420
looks like bondi junction platinum desu senpai
>>
>>35559755

I lift at home so I don't have to deal with that
>>
>>35560568
lmao at all the butt hurt comments, you're the best
>>
>>35560568
>be cum guzzling queef
>be a fucking gainz goblin
Not gonna make it
>>
>>35559755
>dyel bf/gf at gym ive never seen before
>want to use pec deck
>girl is sitting on guy whos using pec deck making out
>legit 15 minutes of this shit till based gym fuck huge guy tells them to get the fuck out
>>
>>35568501
Hes clearly telling you how to workout , fuck off nyr fag .
>>
File: 63374.jpg (34 KB, 413x417) Image search: [Google]
63374.jpg
34 KB, 413x417
>>35560568
>mfw I'd just use the bench anyway after you gay ass remark
>mfw you wouldn't do a damn thing about it
>>
First time lifting at uni gym this sem will be on tues. It's not the same as the gym in my area. Its way to large to see regulars so I don't really meet anyone. Whereas at my local gym, if I see someone 3-4 times I'll talk to them If they seem cool. Plus asking a dyel to a spot on banch is fucking annoying. Swear to god, this fucktard put his hands on the bar just aftet I unracked it.
>>
>>35561835
Most people in gyms aren't like this.
>>
>>35560568

ITT : butthurt nyr faggots

Good job anon
>>
>>35560059
Now that you mention it, more of the equipment does seem to be down for servicing right now...
>>
I actually like NYRs. Then I can show how much more of a perfect specimen I am compared to them.
>>
my gym crush talked to me today. she said my hair smelled good.
>>
File: 1448914125917.jpg (124 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1448914125917.jpg
124 KB, 900x506
>newbies going short on bench presses
>newbies going short on squats
>those guys in basketball vests wearing those Italian dad style golden chain necklaces
>a lot of stuff suddenly going under repairs

put in some fucking passion, senpai

>all those looks me and the gyms PT were getting on our sets tho
>>
>>35562829
>some fat guy in the locker room gets upset that I won't say good morning to him and I call him a "hurt feelings little pussy"

You made me spit out my gainz-goblin beer
>>
>>35569339
i-i don't have platinum...........
>>
I hope so, I've had a lot of studying to do in prep of my uni exams so I haven't been as active.

If they've all fucked off, it'll be easier to get my gains back
>>
>>35563606
I wish everyone would see it this way. Shit, looking at /fit you'd never believe everyone isn't constantly "lol look at this newfag banching the bar" but most heavy duty ripped fuckers are just respecting you for trying cuz they were all at that point once, and when they are old and skinny you will be big and beefy
>>
>>35568501
He is pretending to be retarded, whereas you are actually retarded.
>>
>>35562829

theres a new janitor at my gym that does this shit. tries to yell out hilarious quips while you're in the middle of a set, then gets butthurt when you dont stop what you're doing and fake laugh at him. i hate him and if he has a family i hate them too.
>>
>>35559755
I went into LA fitness at like 5pm... There was an open squat rack next to qt3.14 They left, they all left. the exodus has begun, we're all saved once again and we're all gonna make it brah
>>
Iv never had a bad experience with a NYR. My gym isnt any more or less busy. Iv seen them around but they just do their own stupid shit and really dont get in the way. Some of them dont put the free weights back but usually just have a kind word saying they should and they always do it. As long as we keep out of each others way i dont care.
>>
>be me
>be diddlyliftan lmao3pl8
>some manlet comes in to use the squat rack
>loads up 195 lbs on one side, 190 on the other
>Unracks it badly
>Does 8 reps

Mfw my gym bro turned full nyr fag
>>
>>35566162
I lift at the gym of my uni and most NYR's just got back and started. Be prepared
>>
>>35562805

>I've been doing <hobby> longer than them, therefore it's alright to be an asshole to them

Isn't it funny how people who are actually good at something never have this attitude?
>>
File: 893_1.jpg (80 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
893_1.jpg
80 KB, 275x275
>hear -clank- -clank- -clank-
>think someone is really working out hard
>look over and see severely skinny middle-aged man on incline chest press machine
>has like six 45lb plates on each side
>is doing 1-inch reps at the speed of light

Only at 24hourfitness.
>>
>>35578761
>is doing 1-inch reps at the speed of light
Made me fucking kek
>>
>see 2 girls I've never seen before
>a blonde and an asian
>both qts
>both wear yoga pants and a tight tank tops
>doing a weird leg routine
>first only doing 1 plate leg press for reps
>next they taking up a bench
>they put one leg on the bench and do body squats. Then switch legs
>looks stupid but kind of hot
>then they do some sort of assisted lunges in the squat rack
>they walk away to the stretching room
>breh. Especially the asian one
>>
>>35578761
i go to a 24 hr fitness for the month also, thought it would be cheaper than my old gym, still 45 for a month. So many pajeets and old fuckin men doing stupid shit. then you got the asian wanna be barbell brigade powerlifters which are straight cringe.
>>
>>35581088
$45? Mine is $32 a month. I'm in Missouri. Must be higher cost of living in your area.

But yeah, there's too many people doing stupid shit there. The old men love using the benchpresses to do situps and curls. Or otherwise standing around and trying to start conversations with people who are there to actually lift.
>>
>>35578761
If I had 6 plates trying to incline bench it would instantly crush me upon unracking. Was that guy just banging it between pins? I couldn't even push that an inch
>>
File: pooooop.png (605 KB, 466x625) Image search: [Google]
pooooop.png
605 KB, 466x625
love the new girls at the gym
>>
>>35559755

>No fucking parking spaces
>Have to park by fast food place
>Cold as fuck as outside
>That's literally all there is to this story
>>
>>35582190
It was an incline bench machine (see the pic), not the free weight incline benchpress with a barbell. He couldn't get crushed.
>>
NYR fag here. It's been a good time so far, I come during off-peak and none of the regulars have been anything less than courteous. Desk guy is a squat coach, happily helped my form on 3 different lifts after I asked. I try to be courteous and conscientious of peoples' time if they're waiting on my rack. On the extreme off-chance any of those regulars are here, thanks.
>>
>>35582239
God almighty. Moar?
>>
>>35582239
my nigga, I like the reference.
>>
>>35568501
You're the retard here, mate. I'm not joking.
>>
No they haven't it's still crowded af
>>
File: 1451422731207.jpg (233 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451422731207.jpg
233 KB, 1280x1280
there was a dude laying on the floor in the squat rack with the bar on the two metal side things

he proceeded to use it like a bench press but with no weight, just the bar
>>
>>35560568
Kek, dude that's awesome. The definition of beta.
>>
File: UncontrollableScreaming.png (751 KB, 384x2604) Image search: [Google]
UncontrollableScreaming.png
751 KB, 384x2604
>>35563163
Muh, my dick!
>>
>>35567819
You: "DAHINGUS DERHIN FERGIN IMAFAGGOT"
>>
Much busier than usual still. Adds about 30mins to my workout. Doesn't help that it's the cheapest gym in the city. No fresh scenery either.

Somewhat agitated/10
>>
>>35560001
because all normies want is bigger biceps. they're beyond saving
>>
I work at Lifetime, membership here is $110 a month, so I guess the prices have kept most of the rabble away since you can't go shell out that much on a whim. We're also the only gym in the area that didn't do the ZERO DOLLAR JOINING OFFER bullshit that every other desperate place did because we do just fine through the rest of the year without being desperate faggots like golds and 24 hr begging for these fair weather fitness failures.
>>
>>35581454
>>35581088

>10 bucks a month here
>>
>>35583591
m8 i think its $0 upfront fee but you have to pay monthly and are locked in for, like, a year. and then 90% quit before the 2nd month it's just free money
>>
>>35583617
Yeah it's shady as fuck. I like working for a company where we are up front about screwing our customers out of their money rather than hiding it in the fine print. Pay us $110 a month and the club is your playground, no contracts or fees.
>>
>>35583640
Wdf. That shit is expensive. SENPAI home gym sounds so fcking good right know. Your gym is shit you degenerate!
>>
>>35583640
SENPAI
>>
File: One-legged-bench-squat.jpg (45 KB, 650x440) Image search: [Google]
One-legged-bench-squat.jpg
45 KB, 650x440
>>35581068
This?
>>
Just entered today.
I've been doing boot camp for a year now, and started to feel kinda stuck.
So I'm gonna do both boot camp for cardio and stuff, and gym for strength training and getting in shape.

Wish me luck.
>>
File: NYR.png (17 KB, 908x462) Image search: [Google]
NYR.png
17 KB, 908x462
According to google trends they should all be gone by feb
>>
File: whaaaaat.gif (968 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
whaaaaat.gif
968 KB, 500x281
>Jan 8
>Go into changing room
>Standing right in the middle is this guy, easily 7 foot tall
>Extremely obese
>Covered in hair from head to toe
>samsquach.gif
>This guy is standing there, motionless
>He's talking to himself incessantly
>Like he's having one half of a rushed conversation
>I sidle past, looking to see if he's wearing a bluetooth headset... he's not
>Other guys are lOoking at him and to each other, all visibly confused and worried.
>The hairy fucker then starts pacing, talking louder
>"Nobody even cares, who would notice? I'll just go for it, no hold on what time is it..."
>Does this the whole time I'm getting changed. I squeeze past again then head to the rack.
>See him leave the changing room half an hour later, looking like the worlds best r9k poster impression.
>Cargo pants, a Captain America t-shirt that doesn't even nearly cover his stomach.
>I feel thankful that I didn't turn out like that and put extra effort into my set that day.
>>
I like to go to the gym before work in the morning ( from 6-7:30) and there was these 2 old bats there this morning ( id say maybe 55-60 ) doing literally nothing just eye balling me the whole time and when i got off the bench press one of them that was watching me just went over and sat on it even tho there is like 10 bench presses.

Then there was this asian guy who was massive ( And i mean massive, never seen a shredded asian guy where i live ) Was at least 6.2 and jacked like fuck that came in sat on a bench press and texted did maybe 3 reps of 50 Kgs then hit the 75kg dumbbells did maybe 5 reps of those then went back to texting for an hour and as i was leaving he left.
>>
File: call_mission_143.jpg (293 KB, 1200x1727) Image search: [Google]
call_mission_143.jpg
293 KB, 1200x1727
>50% of skinny skellies wearing proper attire and working out with reasonable weights and going hard

>other 50% wearing jewelry, have shit range of movement and no god damn passion

all these qt asian girls tho
>>
>>35585176
I think they're starting to thin out already. Though I've been going a bit later than my usual time because it's been so overpacked.
>>
>>35587445
That would explain why I've seen a mass migration of regulars into my usually dead late night spot
Suppose I should be glad that it's not the DYELs, at least
>>
>>35559835
How do "invite only" gyms work? I feel like that's a pretty bad business model unless they giving out invites to like, almost anyone
>>
>>35567837
>mfw some autist tries to dry his hands in the feet dryer
>>
>>35560568
Meh, this shit happened to me yesterday
> Broke my spine and had surgery 4 months ago
>DYEL mode, also wearing a back brace
> All squat racks are taken
>Bearded muscular man walks away from one, weights racked, assume he's done
>Start setting up
>Bearded muscular man returns
>Points to the rack and kind of aggressively shakes his head
> "oh you're not done? My bad"
>Man is still frowning in an assholish way
>Awkwardly walk to water fountain and hover around for a bit

Had to squat on one of those inclined machines next to a cutie doing 2pl8s while I barely managed to do 1. Felt bad man
>>
>>35561835
>>35562618
>>35562713
>>35563167

Planet fitness is up the road faggots
>>
File: 1423576227008.png (242 KB, 500x474) Image search: [Google]
1423576227008.png
242 KB, 500x474
>squat to a minimum every day
>DYEL stuck up chick walks up to me
>says i shouldnt squat every day because it will fry my CNS and cause long term damage
>see her squat next to me one day
>1.5pl8
>Misses it and tries to bail
>Cant fucking bail, just falls back on her ass

I cant believe she actually tried to coach me when she cant even bail a squat, not even 1.5 pl8 lol. Just looked at her and smiled, didnt even offer my whiteknight help, fuck that bitch. Pissed me the fuck off.
>>
File: 1406649125387.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1406649125387.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>last week
>go to gym at the busiest time of day
>2 skelly nyrs are using the only 2 incline benches in the gym
>sitting across from each other chatting it up, every 5 minutes or so they'll do a set of 10lb dumbell curls
>this goes on for about 40 minutes
>other people are visibly getting fed up, see people glancing over and giving dirty looks
>finally one of the bigger bodybuilders there walks up to them
>"Hey can you stand up for a sec?"
>one of the skellies stands up
>he picks up the bench, lifts it over his fucking head, walks over to the smith machine and starts doing inclines while staring directly at them
>they leave about 5 minutes later
>almost drop weights on myself from cracking up in the middle of a set
>>
>>35559755
I'm still there 3 years later, so no.
>>
>>35589120
Nice
>>
>>35588771
You mean to a daily max?
>>
>>35560568
you have to start somewhere
>>
>>35567966
It's only the best thing ever
I have trouble sleeping semi-often so I end up just taking my project car for a nice cruise to the gym in the middle of the night. Nobody there at that hour, usually have the place mostly to myself. It's made me hate going to the gym during the day when it's full of people and their shitty snotty kids.
>>
One just started today. He said he wasn't at the gym in 11 months

I figured he will quit in a month
>>
My gym is deader than ever right now, sometimes I have the weight room to myself for an hour.
>>
>>35560568
way to be a dick bro
>>
>>35590114
way to be a fag fag
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 533x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 533x700
>>35560568
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 400x323
>>35562804
Cute story faggot
>>
File: 1421372420814.png (527 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1421372420814.png
527 KB, 497x732
>>35582239
>>
File: no.jpg (329 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
329 KB, 1632x918
>>35585176
>2004
>birth of fat acceptance
>tfw
>>
File: 1421608006243.jpg (18 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1421608006243.jpg
18 KB, 400x386
>>35559755

Been sick since Jan. 1st because I slept at a grills place (good start of the new year..). But we slept with the balcony door open (it was kind of hot after a while) so we both got a cold -_-
Not even worth it.
>>
File: 1443807966808-b.jpg (54 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1443807966808-b.jpg
54 KB, 960x960
>>35559755
Who /goes to gym at 3 am/ here?
>>
>>35590266

That's not how viral infection works.
>>
File: 1418801381514.jpg (21 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1418801381514.jpg
21 KB, 396x385
>>35586451

Oh fuck.

Can't wait to get back into the gym. That actually made me wanna go and better myself even more.

Thanks for sharing, anon.
>>
>>35590290

Tell me how, then.
>>
>>35568082
>somebady call da olympics
>tell em it's canceled...
>... I already won

My sides.
>>
>>35590289
Gym on base opens at 0500. So I wake up at 0430, take my preworkout, smoke a cig, and blast some heavy music in my car till it opens.

Lift for 30 minutes, and then do 30 minutes of cardio monday-friday. Saturday is for partying, sunday is for recuperation / meal prep.
>>
>>35586451
Should have told him

>hey bro
>proceed to look at the other people there
>we'd notice
>>
File: 1451752472433.jpg (18 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1451752472433.jpg
18 KB, 419x249
>>35583292
>>
>>35590372
>He smokes
>Y_tho.jpeg
>>
>>35568749
>looks around

Yep no one cares.
>>
>>35567819
Incredible faggo. How new are you?
>>
File: 1450573236915.jpg (85 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
1450573236915.jpg
85 KB, 604x403
>>35590403
I enjoy it
>>
>>35567819
Now you look like a fucking autist how about you look shit up before you have another aspie attack faggit
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 2000x1333
>>35590372
I smoke and lift too anon.
Nice to know I'm not the only one.
>>
File: 1448698320056.jpg (246 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
1448698320056.jpg
246 KB, 400x800
>>35590546
It's always funny the looks I get as I sit in the smoke pit outside the gym after I get done doing cardio.

But it's whatever. I understand it's unhealthy, but as said, I enjoy smoking. I'll probably have to quit if I sign up for this one program though. Whatever
>>
I hate the NYR standing in my squat rack doing deadlifts
>>
I go to a somewhat expensive gym so there's usually only boring normie wage slaves. I've been going at 5 AM so I don't know what the New Years rush was like but hopefully the price kept most at the nearby planet fitness. That said, I can count the number of normal people I've met there on one hand. Story time

>first time lifting there
>squatting, there are a couple older guys on this leg press machine shooting the shit behind me
>get to last set, sort of tuned everything out before that
>I'm ATG on my third rep when I hear "nowadays you can't even look at a 13 year old (girl) without someone knocking on your door"
>other old guy says something like "they didn't look like that when I was in highschool HAHAHAHAHA"
>cringe so hard I hit the safeties
>finish workout and find two naked old dudes shooting the shit in front of my locker

That was only my first day
>>
>>35560568
I hope someone takes your towel, and wipes their ass with it.
>>
>>35563074
Do the home gym brah. I did it, and it was the best decision. All this shit goes away.
>>
>>35591212
how to home gym if you live in apartment?
>>
I wish that my gym was that empty.
My gym is swarmed with immigrants.
>>
>>35591709
That's a tough one man. Does the complex have a workout room? Might get with Managment and see if they have a space you can use.
>>
File: jfkdsjfkds.png (97 KB, 741x233) Image search: [Google]
jfkdsjfkds.png
97 KB, 741x233
>>35559755
you shouldn't have joined a crossfit gym, faggot

and no, my uni gym is still crawling with despicable DYELs being judgmental and dragging their personal beef into the gym, especially the girls

I'm not comfortable doing my hip thrusts and glute bridge at the gym anymore because of the looks I get from these fucking scum
>>
>>35591749
no and tiny rooms, guess i'll just keep going to the gym
>>
>>35583292
It's called a floor press, dyel.
>>
>>35590341
enjoy your std
>>
I just had a moment where i over ate about 30 min ago. But then i calculated it and was still under my goal of kcal for today.
I ate the following:
200 g chicken mince
200 g wholegrain pasta
200 g pasta sauce
2 medium tomatoes
1 large onion
This meal was 1,209 kcal 177 carbs and 22 fat 67 potein and only 17 sugar and i added some extra salt to the pasta water so about 1600 in sodium.

I feel kinda confused and i don't know if i should feel bad anymore. At least i'm not hungry anymore after pigging this meal down.
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.