[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does fiber cancel out sugar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: Baked beans.jpg (129 KB, 916x916) Image search: [Google]
Baked beans.jpg
129 KB, 916x916
I eat a lot of canned baked beans. They taste great and can easily be microwaved so they make for a very quick meal.

Unfortunately they're somewhat high in sugar. But, they're also high in fiber.

Sugar is high GI but fiber is low GI so does the fiber cancel out the sugar?
>>
>>35541974
>Does fiber cancel out sugar?

ㅇㅅㅇ
>>
Yes. Fibers are known to be the enemy of sugars. That is because Fibers are grass type and sugars are rock type so any attacks on sugars are super effective
>>
>>35541974
>beans and brown sugar
>this is a thing people eat
HURK
>>
>seasoned with bacon and brown sugar
>>
when i have a yeast infection my vagina smells exactly like these!
>>
>>35541978
>>35542000

Let me clarify what I meant. I meant does the fiber counteract the negative effects of sugar consumption (insulin spikes, etc).

I know that fiber can't actually make the sugar disappear or anything stupid like that.
>>
>>35542019
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35542019
We can add these to the list of foods I'll never eat below asparagus and above waffle crisp
>>
>>35542010
Don't knock it till you try it.

Besides, anything sounds terrible when you say it like that.

Coq Au Vin
>chicken and wine
>this is thing people actually eat
Clam Chowder
>clams boiled in milk
>this a thing people actually eat
HURK
>>
>>35541974
>>
Yes OP. Grams sugar minus grams fiber = 0 negates the effects of sugar
>>
>>35542072
kek
>>
>>35542090
srsly its EXACTLY the same
>>
File: 1451967059216.jpg (95 KB, 486x658) Image search: [Google]
1451967059216.jpg
95 KB, 486x658
>>35542019
F A M
A
M
>>
>>35542019

imma dunk my pulled pork in your yeasty cunt.
>>
File: cats.jpg (122 KB, 565x433) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
122 KB, 565x433
>>35541974

BPA from those fucking cans cancels out the test in your body

the way those are manufactured, they fucking boil the shit inside the can with the plastic coating, it's crazy.
>>
Watch out for the BPA OP.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/december-2009/food/bpa/overview/bisphenol-a-ov.htm

It's found in pretty large quantities in stuff like what you're eating and ravioli. Something about the fat and sodium content retaining it
>>
>>35542148
k but get a spoon or something from your kitchen because theres a bit of a crust you need to tap through first
>>
>>35542021
Yes it does but don't eat that poisonous processed shit.

For example, the fiber in fruits along with the other macro and micronutrients makes the sugar a non issue, but that stuff in your pic is crap dude.
>>
File: Bush Baked Beans label.jpg (289 KB, 899x1600) Image search: [Google]
Bush Baked Beans label.jpg
289 KB, 899x1600
>>35542207
The ingredients label is actually pretty tame other than the sugar.
>>
Why don't you make your own baked beans OP so you manage the amount of sugar?
>>
>>35542207
Is eating normal beans from a can (no sodium, no flavors) better, or still dangerous?
>>
OP just make hour own beans, it tastes better, its cheaper, and you can control how much sugar goes into it.
>>
>>35542338
It'll say if it's BPA-free so yeah worry about it if it doesn't explicitly state otherwise. It's considered the lesser of two evils (the other being botulism).
>>
>>35542338
Make your own beans man, you can make a big pot of beans for like $2 and avoid all the processed shit.
>>
>>35542091
I have eaten it and it's gross
>>
>>35542273
1) Not everything in the food is in the ingredients label. As others have mentioned, the lining is a big issue, god knows what "natural flavors" contains, and there are many additives that are allowed to be unlisted if they fall below a certain concentration.

2) It's not just about what's added in that makes processed foods shit, but what's taken out. Fresh beans are full of micronutrients (remember, an estimated 60% of nutrients we eat are still undiscovered), but after cooking, mixing with other chemicals, treating, sterilizing, and sitting in a can for months or years, the vast majority of those are degraded. Hence why something like fresh spinach is chocked full of vitamins and nutrients but canned? Not so much.

>>35542338
I personally believe it's better. In a perfect world, we'd all eat nothing but grass-fed, fresh killed meat and farm fresh fruits and vegetables, but that's not possible. I don't always have time to cook beans so yes I'll eat a can of no sodium, no additive black beans a few times a week.

Rather than splitting hairs over whether or not sodium benzoate is harmful at the FDA approved levels, just recognize that stuff like Bush's Baked Beans Hot Pockets, Tombstone Pizza, Mountain Dew, cold cuts, etc. is trailer trash food designed to exploit poor dumb people and that you'll never make it not just physically but also mentally and spiritually, if you put garbage into your body just because it has sugar and a talking dog on the commercials.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 216x121) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 216x121
>does adding more carbs decrease the total amount of carbs?
>>
>>35542477
See >>35542021
>>
>>35542091

more things i wouldn't eat
>>
>>35542019
Ay girl
>>
>>35544555
Your desperation is showing
>>
>>35542475
>being this autistic
>>
File: bean thinker.jpg (21 KB, 480x465) Image search: [Google]
bean thinker.jpg
21 KB, 480x465
the beans
they haunt me
>>
File: Zmu3kUf.jpg (34 KB, 640x621) Image search: [Google]
Zmu3kUf.jpg
34 KB, 640x621
I;m thinking about thos Beans
>>
>>35541974
OP, there is no universal "goodness" scale for food. Food that is "good" for you doesn't counteract food that is "bad" for you.

You can't eat a tonne of sugar and crappy fats and then balance it out with a salad. It is more complicated than that.
>>
The way you put it makes you sound mentally deficient.

But yes, fiber and sugar eaten together has a net lower total glycemic load than the same fiber and sugar eaten separately.
>>
>>35542475
>>35541974
sempai-tachi, get a pressure cooker. Beautiful beans in 30 minutes. Control the contents of your diet, get the flavors and nutrient profile you want, it's deeply satisfying.
>>
>>35542338

I'd say it's better. Around here they sell them in glass jars so you can try that if you worry.
>>
>>35541974

Holy fuck anon make a bean salad. Get a can of beans of your choice, a can of french cut string, tons of onions and garlic, tons of vinegar, olive oil, italian seasoning badda bing badda boom tasty fiber and protein.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.