[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stretching and Warmup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
Bros,

Tons of animals in animal kingdom are swole as fuck(pic attach), but these animal don't follow set routines and 30 minute warmup/stretching exercises.

Is stretching and warm ups all BS if your technique is God-tier?

Thanks in advance for your lulz
>>
>>35536762
Try jumping on a bench under 3pl8 without a warmup and see what happens, kid.
>>
>>35536773
No one wants to bench 3 plates great way to look unnatural:
>>
File: 6881_143368831148a9937973860.jpg (127 KB, 600x262) Image search: [Google]
6881_143368831148a9937973860.jpg
127 KB, 600x262
funny you came to the conclusion that stretching might be bullshit and not a 'set routine' because no wild animal follows a routine yet pretty much every wild animal stretches.
do your damn stretches you lazy hoe.

>>35536773
i always bench without stretching. for some reason my upper body only needs stretches post workout.

>>35536790
i bench 3pl8 natty. u mad, weakling?
>>
>>35536811
Set routine is from our massive entellects, animals done understand progressive gains. And a 2 second stretch isn't a 30 minute warmup. 3/4 of my workout is doing warmup sets TS fucking lame
>>
>>35536824
>And a 2 second stretch isn't a 30 minute warmup.

that's exaggerating on both ends. there is no reason to stretch for that long prior to any workout, not even if you're dealing with chronic tightness. a few minutes will solve most things. and animals do spend a while stretching too. probably not as long as humans but it's not like they spend extensive time periods sitting down at tables or in neurotic holding patterns.
>>
>>35536853
Great point on the set and terry lifestyle. If you follow SS it's 5 warmup sets for 3 active sets. Like wtf?
>>
>>35536880
that's a bit on the high side imo. even now i don't really exceed 4 warmup sets for anything.
a warmup might look like this for me
empty x 20
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
working sets
all without any break.
even with breaks that only takes like 5 minutes.
i realize it's more on SS though since you have to warm up for multiple big lifts every workout.
>>
>>35536762
these animals are this big because of gentetics faggot
but stretching has its place in any routine
but you wont know this untill you need it
say you stop warming up stretchs before squats and you notice you feel the weight all in your hip flexors and your hips wont open properly
you struggle to find the answer and boom you realise you need to stretch first

you wont realise how important stretching is till you have a problem and need it
>>
>>35536790
i bench 3pl8 natty too

who gives a fuck what others think
if some one thinks im not natty then thats a compliment
>>
Animals stretch.
Predatory animals warm up their muscles before going hunting, too.
Prey animals keep their muscles warm by moving around all day to be ready for an attack.
OP is a retard.
>>
>>35536978
you do realise that you need to let the muscle actually warm up don't you?

you do a warm up set you stop the blood is flowing to the muscle you need to give it time to actually properly warm up doing all your sets without a break means you need to do more to actually warm up
potentially fatiguing yourself more than needed
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.