[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/? So I've been lifting for 17 months now. My diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: TPhoto_00001.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TPhoto_00001.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
Sup /fit/?

So I've been lifting for 17 months now. My diet is really good, and I'm seeing results.

Anyway, I was reading about proper breathing today, which revolves the use of your diaphragm. Up until now, I've been breathing so that my chest and shoulders rise when I breath, (which apparently is the incorrect way to breath). This is mainly a consequence of me having to keep my stomach tight so that it doesn't protrude like a pregnant woman's stomach. The picture is me with my stomach tight. The next picture I post will be of my stomach completely relaxed. My question is this: Despite the fact that I'm decently ripped and lean (I think I'm in the 10-11% BF range), why does my stomach protrude like this when I relax my stomach? Am I fatter than I think? Is it genetics? What gives? I want to breath properly, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I possess a certain degree of vanity, hence the clash of desires.

Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks, /fit/.
>>
File: TPhoto_00002.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TPhoto_00002.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>
Fuuuck, I have the same problem! I thought it had to do with bad hip alignment since I have really tight hamstrings but you don't seem to have that problem.
>>
Hip rotation.

Rotate your hips such that you penis goes up and your butt goes down. You likely have a resting stance where your hip is too far rotated to the front (anterior hip rotation).
>>
>>35532725
but holding that position all day is infeasible...
>>
>>35532504
do you drink beer or have a large carb intake?
>>
What have you been lifting? Beers? Pillows? lol
>>
>>35532504
you are definitely NOT 10% BF, at best you are 15% due to bad lighting and sticking out your stomach. Post a front pic so we can judge your BF%, chances are just fatter than you think.
>>
File: anterior-pelvic-tilt.jpg (19 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
anterior-pelvic-tilt.jpg
19 KB, 512x384
>>
>>35532504
>My diet is really good, and I'm seeing results.
>the fact that I'm decently ripped and lean (I think I'm in the 10-11% BF range)

Are you out of your mind?
>>
>>35532856
desu though it doesnt look like OP has very bad APT...
>>
File: TPhoto_00003.jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
TPhoto_00003.jpg
27 KB, 640x480
>>35532841

What does /fit/ recommend for me?
>>
File: 1386298811704.jpg (27 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
1386298811704.jpg
27 KB, 259x383
>>35532905
>decently ripped and lean
>>
>>35532768
Don't drink a lot. Carb intake is moderate.
>>
>>35532913
>>35532873
>>35532787
Got it. I've been body shamed.

>>35532725
This seems to reduce it a little. Thanks!
>>
What are your lifting stats plox
>>
>>35532856
that PPT reminds me of a drunken hobo I once saw waling across the street in Boston...
he defied physics and appeared to be walking tilted backward at a 45 degree angle as if into hurricane force headwind ... he was lit to the max practically glowing with a shit eating grin on his face looking like he;d just crawled out from under the Mass Pike overpass... I remember I just bust out laughing..loo
>>
>>35533027

5'9, 150lbs, 21 years old
I'm doing a split routine that goes like this:
A: Abs/arms
B: Pecs/shoulders
C: Back/legs

I work out 4 days a week.

Every three weeks I change the exercises. I don't deadlift or do OHP. I can bench around 175 (my max) for 2 reps. I really don't ever go for maxes, just do a weight that's challenging at 8-12 reps per set, of which, I do four per exercise, 3 exercises per muscle group.

I know people will inevitably tear into my routine. Constructive criticism on the other hand would actually help me out. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.
>>
>>35532905
uh... lift ?
>>
>>35532905
read the sticky
>>
>>35533162
Are you trying to be stupid or does it come naturally?
>>
>>35533162
>2016
>tfw people are still doing routines like this
>wonders why they are weak and look dyel

not trying to be mean m8 but you aren't going to look very good when you can only bench 175. you might want to find a strength or "power-building" routine.

imo best case scenario for every healthy male is to reach the 1/2/3/4 benchmark then branch off to aesthetics,strength, or a hybrid based routine. you wont get anywhere benching 175x2
>>
>>35532504
Okay bro, I'm gonna help you out so you don't hurt yourself:

1 - Start with a beginners program (5x5 / SS / Read the sticky for others). Stick to the program. Not doing deadlifts will not help you in becoming big.
2 - Examine your diet. How many calories? How much protein? Is it to much? Is it to little? Experiment. Also: Read the goddamn sticky.
3 - Your bodyfat is 15%+ at the least, you are in no way lean. Apart from balancing your diet, you could include a little light (and I mean light!) cardio on resting days. To not fuck up your gains, stay in the lower heart-ratios, for your age that's around 130 BPM. At this heartrate, you feel that your moving, but you should still be able to have a conversation without heavy breathing. I suggest cycling or swimming. This heartrate roughly means you get the feeling that you can keep this up for hours. But don't do more than 45 minutes please.
4 - To improve your breathing, follow a couple of yoga classes, helped me a lot, not only with breathing, but also with flexibility. Yoga is a standard part of my exercise routine, it improves my posture and helps me in keeping clear of injuries.

I'd say your first priority should be to start with a good program, sticking to it and adjusting your diet.

Good luck bro, keep it up!
>>
>>35532905
mate you are fucked in the head
>>
>>35532504
what the fuck? you've been lifting for 17 months and that's all you look like?

Is this normal? were you a starving refugee to begin with?
>>
>>35532517
You live a sedentary lifestyle and need to take a shit
>>
I've just started going to the gym and on runs for a new years resolution and the OP has scared me.

I'm asking this as a serious question, is it normal to look like that if you lift 4 times a week for 17 months?

Surely people make faster progress?
>>
>>35536277
He didnt make progress. It depends on your current build: Are you fat/skinny/regular? How committed are you to your program? What's your diet like? Unless you're a fucking landwhale or a real skeleton, anyone can look allright if they train for almost a year and a half.
>>
>>35536277

if you do it without proper sleep, diet, routine, then yes it's more than possible.
>>
>>35536277
I had more progress in my first month than OP, his workout scheme is clearly very wrong
>>
>>35536277
Na he's been lifting bitch weights. You can look a lot better but i reckon genetics play a role
>>
>>35533162

You're an idiot. Find a good, popular routine and follow that (SS/SL). Don't change anything unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from doing certain movements. Don't make up your own routine and don't change exercises. You don't know shit so don't try to be creative. At 17 months you should be looking pretty damn good.

Eat properly, do compound lifts, don't fucking change up your exercises like you've got ADHD, simple.
>>
>>35536297
I'm 6'2.5, about 80 Kgs 176lbs . regular atm I think . I haven't started counting calories but in my life so far I've always eaten good amounts of each macronutrient and stayed about hte same weight and build.
I've booked 4 sessions with a personal trainer because I figured they'd be able to show me how to do the lifts properly and correct me then and there when I was doing things wrong, but in the first session I don't think I was being pushed hard enough. He made a joke saying something like that nearly all his clients are 50 year olds trying to lose weight so he enjoyed training people who wanted to actually get a good physique. I might change the remaining sessions for one of the bigger looking-trainers who maybe works with younger people more. (I'm 26). And might just switch to SS.
sageing my own post because It's blog stuff but I'm not sure if sage works anymore.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.