[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pullup meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: unassisted-pullup.jpg (33 KB, 425x442) Image search: [Google]
unassisted-pullup.jpg
33 KB, 425x442
Everyone says to use your lats, focus on your lats, don't use biceps during pull-ups.
Is this even possible or just a meme?
>>
>>35513761
Wtf are you talking

Do you even know how muscles work
>>
>>35513761
No that's correct, if your biceps or forearms get tired from pull-ups you're doing them wrong and risk injuring yourself.
>>
>>35513761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZF0Uz7rty8
>>
>tfw you can lat-pulldown but can't lat-pull yourself back up again.
>>
>>35513856

Bait
>>
>>35514127
I know a guy who tore his biceps overworking them with pullups
>>
>>35514147
i know a guy who killed himself cause he was such a fucking retard
>>
>>35513856
>>35514147
wrong. if you do proper pullups you do the whole ROM and since the forearms are a much smaller muscle than the lats they will always get fatigued before the lats.
In short if you follow a high volume routine with pullups your forearms will fail first.
There is no way to do a proper pullup without using your biceps since it requires flexion at the elbow.
>>
>>35513761
I think it's how pull-ups are done. You can do chin-ups for biceps
>>
>>35513761
most people have no business doing a pull up.

people mock it to death, but unless you can easily do a set of lat pulldowns with your bodyweight without leaning back or using your lower back then id stay away from pull ups. same for chins and negatives. from what i see, most people cant even keep their lower half of their body stable for any of the above.
>>
>meme

Welcome to /fit/ where 99% of these fat fucks know nothing and blame everything on being a meme.
>Lift weights
>Eat big
>Grow

What the fuck is the problem? How autistic are you guys?
>>
File: doievenlift.png (169 KB, 455x363) Image search: [Google]
doievenlift.png
169 KB, 455x363
>>35514393
>what is a synergist
>what is a stabilizer
Yeah brah my biceps always get tired first from presses, it's just nature for everyone. If your triceps or pecs get tired first, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>35514529
just because ilya ilyin can lift heavy ass stuff doesn't mean he can do pullups like a god.
Basically,im pretty sure he's bad at them.
I bet you're fat and you're here just to troll
>>
>>35514529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvb_Wa8EZt4&t=5m10s
>>
>>35514700
Pretty sure nothing was even said about Ilya at all

Perhaps you should try addressing the actual point in the text
Oh wait, you don't know shit
>>
>>35513761
you can tear your triceps if you suddenly relax your lats
>>
>>35514361
Snorted loudly.
>>
>>35514147
This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaEVDfDazI4
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.