[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm considering dropping alcohol help my gains and self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I'm considering dropping alcohol help my gains and self confidence.
Im sick of using it as a social crutch

Anyone else try this? Any advice?
>>
dont do it
>>
>>35503743
I'd say do it and gimme your booze, but I'm pretty hammered ATM
>>
It's great for easing social tension. But it makes cutting much harder and recovery slower.

Have you tried drinking like once a week?
>>
Don't do it, you will realize you can't stand your friends.
>>
>>35503743
just drink in moderation so you dont lose your social gains
>>
>>35503743
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11007236
>Body composition changes induced by chronic ethanol abuse: evaluation by dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.
>Alcoholics showed a reduced fat mass and a good preservation of lean body mass with respect to control subjects, and duration of alcohol use and alcohol dose did not seem to influence body composition.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17717682
>Motor performance during and following acute alcohol intoxication in healthy non-alcoholic subjects.
>No change was seen in isokinetic as well as in isometric muscle performance during or following the alcohol intoxication as compared to the non-alcoholic condition.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2299844
>The effect of ethanol on exercise-induced muscle damage.
>It was concluded that acute ingestion of alcohol has no effect on several indicators of exercise-induced muscle damage.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10642377
>Effect of acute postexercise ethanol intoxication on the neuroendocrine response to resistance exercise.
> Concentrations of testosterone, luteinizing hormone, and corticotropin were not affected by either treatment.

You'll fuck your social life and you wont be getting any more gains. dont do it
>>
I only drink at gigs now since I got /fit/. Don't regret it one bit.
>>
To build self confidence get out your comfort zone. And compliment yourself more.
>>
>>35505389
>referencing ncbi
>>
I've cut my drinking down to once a week at most, and found it has minimal effect on my gains. I retain a bit more water for a couple days after but that's it.
>>
>>35503743

I did.

I became stronger and better in the bars and stuff without alcohol. But I made a conscious effort to follow my impulses and be unafraid of consequences.
>>
File: 1431566678059.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1431566678059.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3300
I don't really drink anymore. I don't love the taste, and it's bad for you.

Honestly, in a social setting I have just as much fun with a beer or without one. Probably a bit more b/c I don't have to deal with

But this is just my preference. My dad doesn't drink, so I wasn't exposed to it in that way.

Of course, if I wanna get drunk, I'll have 10 beers or whatever, but those instances are becoming rarer and rarer, almost never now. If someone offers me a beer, I'll drink a few sips or just say no thanks. but I'm not going out to clubs and bars etc.

And If I'm on a date, I'll have a couple beers to smooth things over and not look like a weirdo.

Also I find some comfort in the straightedge music, but only Minor Threat. I listen to this while I lift:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUaEPQ_hvUw

thems my experiences.
>>
Alcohol is for peasants. But you need to fit in so just get one beer and nip at it all night to avoid the awkward why aren't you drinking conversations that every peasant must have with you
>>
phenibut

natty HGH gains AND social gains
>>
>>35505410
Anything wrong with that buddy?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.