[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone do the can tuna diet before? New year time to drop some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 600x516
Anyone do the can tuna diet before? New year time to drop some major weight. I'm going on the canned tuna diet. 1 can of tuna for breakfast lunch and dinner with some veggies mixed in and an apple. Water coffee. Wish me luck bro's
>>
>>35495216

you mean you are starving yourself - then give up and let all the fat bounce back

see you next year with your new meme diet anon
>>
>>35495216
How big is the can?

Tuna in brine springwater or oil?
>>
Peep game

Servings Per Container About 2
Amount Per Serving DV%
Calories 70
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 25mg 8%
Sodium 35mg 2%
Potassium 140mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 16g 28%
>>
tried sardines for the first time today

better than tuna imo
>>
>>35495229
Spring water. I figure tuna and some broccoli, maybe an apple on the side should be good.
>>
>>35495277
Sardines are tasty. How do they compare to a can of tuna health wise. In water not oil obviously
And I finished my first day of the tuna diet I actually didn't starve as much as I thought I would I guess I'll make it hopefully
>>
>>35495295
Sardines don't have as much mercury and have more calcium.
>>
>>35495216
Had a friend do this. He lost 30 lbs and is now slowly gaining it all back. He lost so much muscle from such a high calorie deficit that he can barely squat 1 pl8 at 240 lbs body weight. Do it the right way, crash dieting is garbage.
>>
The cans of tuna I buy are 100 cal ea. With veggies you're looking at 700 cal a day optimistically. You can't sustain that. And even if you do youll look like shit. Not to mention youll gain a ton of fat back when you inevitably go back to your old habits because youve developed zero dietary discipline. Why not make a smart decision and plan a diet that will take a bit longer but drastically increases chance of success. Jk that's too hard.
>>
Enjoy your mercury poisoning brah!
>>
Tuna, oats, chicken, salmon and recently i've started trying with quinoa. It is expensive but fucking hell it fits with my stomach digestive problems very very well.
>>
Like said before, you wont manage to sustain this for very long, and subsequently you'll fall back to your old habits. Make a realistic diet plan that you're able to stick to.
>>
>>35495216
when I did my level 2 fitness instructing course
the tutor said he did the tuna diet
nothing but tuna and veggies for every meal
said he ended up in hospital with mercury poisoning
>>
File: 1450761254656.jpg (25 KB, 509x394) Image search: [Google]
1450761254656.jpg
25 KB, 509x394
South African here (products and quality may be different):
- When I studied I was cash-strapped and used to bulk-buy tuna as main staple
- Did a bit of research on brands (some tuna has lower mercury rates than others; check tins and info carefully)
- Any can of tuna with a tomato sauce and springwater mix is ill-advised (less deep water catches/lower quality fish and higher mercury)
- The smaller the actual tuna fish, the lower the mercury (Albacore tuna is high in Mercury; Skipjack and Tongol are low in mercury) -> go for chunk light
- I comfortably ate a half a can a day with spinach and greens
- Rotated in skinless chicken breast
- Reduced drinking as liver needs to be at 100%
- Lost weight month with moderate exercise (wasn't looking to lose a lot of weight); good protein source
- Look into recipes with cayenne pepper to keep eating tuna long-term (does get bland)

You can safe consumption at nrdc.org (weight and tuna type taken into account) :)
>>
I love tuna so much but I don't want to die of mercury poisoning. I have a tin with some pasta every few days but would happily eat it every day.
>>
>>35495216
christian bale did pretty much this diet to become super skinny for the machinist and nearly died

pic related you in a month you fucking imbecile
>>
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>35495216
>Eating protein loses weight.
>>
>>35495216
Enjoy your mercury poisoning
>>
>>35496505
First day? Welcome, NYRer
>>
Tuna tastes like fucking dogshit. I'll stick with my chicken and squid
>>
>>35496505
>Macronutrients is the same thing as calories

God not one of these retards again
>>
>>35496359
Fellow SA fag here. Are you in joburg or cpt?
>>
>>35496422

Skipjack Tuna (the most common canned tuna where I live) contain little to no mercury or other metal
>>
>>35495216
Enjoy your mercury
>>
>>35496651
You have to put salt pepper and vinegar in you pleb...
>>
>>35497048
>Skipjack
it has roughly the same mercury of the yellowfin variety, it you ate it more than 4/mo enjoy your slow painful death
>>
>>35495216
Why retards like you can't pick a decent, varied diet, looking at macronutrients and counting calories? No, you have to do something retarded.
Fucking new year resolutioners
>>
>>35497123

I suggest you read up. Skipjack could technically have as much mercury as other fish, but they dont live as long and dont take up as much from the ocean. Skipjack can be eaten 1 can a day if not more
>>
>>35498001
Literally first results for "Skipjack mercury"

>http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/guide.asp
>no more than 6 can/mo
>http://seafood.edf.org/tuna
>moderate mercury, some 4 cans/mo
>https://www.edf.org/oceans/mercury-alert-canned-tuna-safe-eat
>canned light: once a week
It's less poisoned than albacore, but that's pretty much it.

>Skipjack could technically have as much mercury as other fish, but they dont live as long and dont take up as much from the ocean
Now, that's momscience. You can't say that they could have the same concentrations of mercury "but" they are fine because the live less (?) - implying that if they live less/are smaller they have less mercury, something that's false in your own hypothesis. Logic, how does it work?
>>
>>35498106

You're wrong
>>
Don't just eat a can of tuna, OP. Put in some effort and make something delicious like these tuna cakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGLpBWGKkZ0
>>
>>35498227
>I don't know how to refute all this evidence
ok
>>
File: sardvtuna.jpg (96 KB, 613x754) Image search: [Google]
sardvtuna.jpg
96 KB, 613x754
>>35495216
>>35495295
>>
>>35495216
U won't get enough proteins, and no essential fatty acids which you need. Also you will be missing out on micronutrients (vitamins, minerals)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj_EvvvT6Ak

Bumblebee tuna
>>
FAGGOTS THIS AN OLD SCHOOL CONTEST PREP THING FROM THE 70s AND YOU ALL GOT IT WRONG.

THE REAL THING INVOLVES EATING A CAN OF TUNA AND HALF A LT. OF WATER EVERY 2/3 HOURS FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS TOPS
>>
>>35499283
>a can of tuna and 1/2 lt of water
>every 2~3 hrs
>for 2~4 weeks

HowToDiePainfully.exe
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 640x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 640x694
Pic is your piss after a week on that diet
>>
>>35495216
It's scary knowing there are people out there as stupid as OP to think this way about "diets". A diet shouldn't be a fucking quick fix fad for a few months you dumb faggot. It should be altering your overall calorica and nutrient intake to better match goals. Fucking infuriates me when retards like OP take diet to mean only eating Y foods and avoiding all X foods. Grow up dipshit
>>
>>35495216
If you have to use canned meat, at least mix in some canned chicken.

>Dat sweet mercury death.
>>
>>35499548
kek
>>
no more than 2 cans of tuna a week is the rule.
you can go hog wild on sardines.
>>
>>35498474

>being rude just because someone disagrees

Dont you fucking reply to me ever again unless you're going to contribute to the thread...
>>
File: Mercury.jpg (112 KB, 1069x724) Image search: [Google]
Mercury.jpg
112 KB, 1069x724
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.