[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to explain why dumbbell exercises aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1407276837212.jpg (48 KB, 773x594) Image search: [Google]
1407276837212.jpg
48 KB, 773x594
You have 10 seconds to explain why dumbbell exercises aren't superior and safer in every way when compared to barbell exercises.

inb4 >muh ego lifts
>>
ur mum
>>
>>35479292
I like to rotate dumbbells with barbells when I stall in a certain lift. Seems to work for me
>>
home gym here.

I don't have enough weight to put onto dumbbells to make an effective squat/deadlift.
>>
>>35479292
You cant do heavy compound movements with dumbbells. Compounds give the most muscle mass per movement.
>>
>>35479530

You can do literaly every compound movement with dumbbells.
>>
>>35479544
He didn't say you can't do compounds fuck head. You can't do actual heavy compounds with dumbbells. But please try to do a 5 pl8 deadlift with dumbbells.
>>
>>35479292
I do dumbbell press instead of bench because I don't have a spotter. It's just the reasonable thing to do if you're trying to go heavy.
>>
>>35479292
Trying to clean large dumbbell weights into position is just asking for an injury
>>
>>35479292
God I hate this dude's face so much I wish I could punch it
>>
>>35479292
They're a pain in the ass to work with in a way that doesn't destroy your shoulders.
>>
Barbell adds stabilization in a way that lets you do more work.

More work = more muscle.

GG OP
>>
>>35479544
Heavy was the keyword... If you can squat 140kg with dumbbells then good for you, think ill stick with the bar
>>
>>35479512
Rear leg elevated split squats & t-bar swings (load it with at least 110+lbs) are a great alternative...
>>
>>35479575
Dont use clips and youll be fine benching without a spotter. I got up to 100kg bench from beginner without a spotter
>>
>>35479292
>Squatting with dumbbells
>Deadlifting with dumbbells
Apart from that I've got nothing
>>
>>35479292
>superior
maybe, its completely opinion based
>safer
no
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.