[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 20 days when I return home from my visitation to the quaint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-07-09 11.48.56.jpg (283 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-09 11.48.56.jpg
283 KB, 2048x1152
In 20 days when I return home from my visitation to the quaint town of fuckoff nowhere, Australia, I am going to be starting on a ketosis diet with a couple of friends. I am a 6'4", 202kg pendulous sack of sweaty flesh. This will be my first for-realsies diet in over 7 years. I am 25. inb4 heart attack.

What kinds of foods should I stock up on? What should I avoid?

Any advice on exercise? Right now I'm aiming for 2x30min cardio sessions on my exercise bike or walking, plus 30mins of doing what I can with 2x5kg dumbbells each day. Until I can afford to move up.

And as always, ask anything.
>>
>>35467475
My mate did this but he was ~130kg

tuna
vegetables (any, but vary them)
peanut butter
whipped cream
eggs
chicken beef
avocado
butter and oils for cooking
>>
>>35467507
Thanks, anon.

I imagine the quantities for the dairy and meats are very low, right? I was under the impression I should be going for something that mainly consists of fish.

What sort of balance should I be going for with meals?

I should steer clear of fruit too, right? Would that include tomatoes?
>>
>>35467555
And by 'mainly fish' I mean I hear I should be replacing meats I eat with as much fish as possible.
>>
File: 20160101_182650.jpg (498 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160101_182650.jpg
498 KB, 2048x1152
Well, as someone that recently tried the keto diet for 3 weeks, I can share my thoughts

>you will lose weight on this diet, the initial 1st week weight loss is tremendous
>you will drink water like never before
>you will feel weak, tired and miserable until your body has adapted to the ketosis diet. How long does it take? Anywhere between 2 weeks and 2 months.

I gave up after 3 weeks because I had the "keto flu". I literally spent all day in bed and would wake up tired after sleeping 10 hours per night. I did take potassium/magnesium/sodium supplements, all I ate was leafy greens, coconut, meat, fish, eggs, some bacon.

After missing a day from work because of keto flu, I bought picrelated and got the fuck out of ketosis. I don't regret stopping, not one bit. I feel much better out of keto.

Try it if you want, but I would advise you to simply exercice and eat less/better if you want to lose weight
>>
>>35467638

oh and also, my heart rates skyrocketed on keto after I ate. I'm pretty sure I did everything right and gave it my best shot. I could barely go to the gym anymore and was becoming a weak, deflated piece of shit.

Perhaps giving it more time would have turned me fully adapted and feeling good,
but just how many weeks of misery must one man endure?
>>
>>35467475
I am studying to be a dietitian and the best book that I have read on ketosis so far is "The art and science of low carbohydrate living" by Phinney and Volek. They also co-wrote the new atkins, but this is a book that goes more into fine details.

It took me about a week to level out in terms of energy, and then I felt great. To avoid "keto flu" like this anon >>35467638 called it, it is almost certainly the case that you need more sodium in your diet. The body treats sodium differently in the absence of carbs, it's in the book. So if you aren't eating processed foods anyway, then don't be shy with the salt.

I am also currently on a nutritional ketosis diet, but not for weight loss (I'm at my goal weight, though I need to start lifting, that's why I'm on fit today), but for self experimentation and clearheadedness.
>>
>>35467638
I was going to do the simple exercise and diet thing, but I mentioned it about the place and suddenly I'm getting pulled into this keto thing that's apparently 'da bomb'.

Sooo, keto!

I did a little reading and saw that the first two weeks will annihilate you. It'll suck, I'm lethargic at the best of times. On the bright side, that first week loss should be a relief on my spine. I'm mainly committing to the diet because being fat's started getting genuinely uncomfortable.

I'm looking to get into a routine of this and stick to it until I'm under 100kgs. Get fit. Maybe get buff. Probably just fit.

Those supplements you mentioned - would they be good for a general keto diet, was that more specifically for what you were dieting with?
>>
>>35467762
Don't do Keto. It is for slightly overweight people to brag about when they lose some kgs. You are morbidly obese. Going too clean will kill your motivation. Just count calories and stay in a deficit. Something like 2500-3000 for your size I would imagine. Shouldn't be too difficult. Just remember that drinking anything other than water is drinking away your available calories and you will be sweet.
>>
File: 20160101_184852.jpg (397 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160101_184852.jpg
397 KB, 2048x1152
>>35467762
I bought those strictly for my keto diet
>>
>>35467678
I'm told the sucky feel fades. I'll endure it for a month and if it's still killing me, I might look for an alternative, less taxing approach to shedding the flab.

>>35467758
Sodium! I'll keep that in mind.

I don't eat much in the way of processed food. The occasional pizza, crisps from time to time, quite a lot of pasta and bread though but that's it. Most of my weight's just from me being a loafabout hedonist.

I've been getting more into exercise. Gradual increments in cardio, some basic lifting with the dumbells. I keep them right next to me at the computer now for incentive to use them when I hit a break in working.
>>
>>35467758
for how long have you been keto and do how was the transition? Do you have more energy now?
>>
>>35467817
Cheers for the advice anon, but I'll have a crack at Keto at the very least. I've got a few close friends doing it with me, so they'll keep me motivated, and if it's too much I'll wean off onto something like your suggestion.

I don't waste money on drinks nowadays, I mostly drink just water, plus a bit of cordial here and there (diet). It's very rare that I treat myself to anything else.
>>
>>35467877
This time for about a month. It's the second time that I do it....I like it a lot but it isn't always practical for social reasons. I seem to be able to ease into it in just about a week's time, during which I don't feel half bad. After that, it's smooth sailing.

How do I feel? Very level. Good, steady energy. As long as my meals are the usual veggies with animal protein I never experience lows in energy, or lightheadedness. I eat twice a day and naturally end up fasting intermittently between 8pm and 12 noon.

What sucks is when you keep being invited for breakfast at pancake house and stuff, and now with the holidays.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.