[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else going for an actual athletic physique instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Anyone else going for an actual athletic physique instead of a roided up beast?

> Pic related, buakaw
>>
>>35460743
Yup, I'm looking to be fit, not to be some gay ballooned up Ken doll
>>
>>35460743
Do you mean, like, the physique you get from training for an actual sport, instead of just for 'aesthetics'?
>>
>>35460743
Plan is to get a respectable level of strength at the gym first, then move on to kickboxing or something like that.
>>
professional-ultimate-frisbee-player-physique reporting in
>>
>>35460843
why not do both at the same time?
>>
>>35460843
that's stoopid anon.
>>
>>35460839
Dont ever fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread
>>
I have always been a lean guy never been muscular. I'm pretty active with running and boxing. Happy with my physique.
>>
>>35460843
I've got mates who worked out at home for months before they even went to the gym. You're fine anon, don't be afraid to succeed.
>>
>>35460890
He is contributing to the thread you faggot.

Jesus, when will this meme die already.
>>
>>35460921
it doesnt die because people like you fall for it

> despite knowing it was a meme
>>
>>35460890
I fucking love this meam honestly
>>
>>35460890
Don't ever post tired-out lame-ass memes instead of contributing to the thread again.
>>
>>35460884
Well I don't see a point in butting in with people who are probably physically active their entire life, I wouldn't be able to keep up. I only started being active a year ago, before that I was a classic couch potato skinnyfat guy. But maybe you guys are right, I don't know.
>>
Yes OP. That's why I swim.

>Good shoulder-waist proportion now (1.7)
>Working on improving shoulders
>Working on chest
>God-tier legs already
>Meh core, but I exercise semi-regular anyway for this

Swimming is the god-tier sport for natural aesthetics. It also makes you taller.
>>
>>35460940
Dont ever fucking reply to me unless you are using Dank memes
>>
>>35460944
Also, breaststroke is the best forearm exercise. The other strokes improve bi and tris too
>>
>>35460743
You implying these guys haven't done cycle(s)?
>>
>>35460944

how much taller? i'm 5'4 can i get to 6 feet?
>>
>>35461016
they have, but the level of muscularity is different to the physiques that most guys here aim for
>>
>>35461016
He's implying that they specialized their bodies for something, not just for the sake of getting big.
>>
>>35460944
Swimming is godly indeed.
>>
>>35461033
Well, it's all relative. If you swam ever since your kiddie years, you could probably get about 3 more inches than your highest predicted height.

If your growth plates closed already, there isn't much hope. I think you can get 1 inch max.

Moral of the story: Put your future sons to swim.
>>
>>35460743
Me. I never wanted to be the biggest me possible, I always wanted to be the most athletic, in my case it is fighting.

I lift heavy but 2/3 of my training is fighting/cardio.
I'm going to Thailand for a month this year to some training camp. Muay Thai, Yoga, BJJ, and enjoying the beach, hookers and all the other things Thailand has to offer.
>>
>>35460944
Can I ask... what's fun about swimming? I think all cardio is somewhat boring, but at least with outdoor running you get to be in the sun, see nature, listen to music etc.
Swimming just sounds... dull. Just going up an down a 100m stretch.
>>
>>35460943
Anon, I was the same--unfit most of my life, wanted to get active, I stuffed around a bit with weights, then just started going to boxing pretty regularly. If you want to do kickboxing, I reckon just turn up to class. You don't have to be fit already, they'll train you. And on those occasions when you can't keep up, you won't be the first person who had trouble, won't be the last either.

Of course, if you also want to lift, do that too. But don't worry so much about not being able to keep up.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.