[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardio Before or after lifting for weight loss ? Currently doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1450857334086.jpg (876 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1450857334086.jpg
876 KB, 2448x2448
Cardio Before or after lifting for weight loss ?

Currently doing IC 5x5 and the warmups before the mainlifts are depleting all my energy. Also I do cardio before starting to lift.
>>
>>35456845
It doesn't matter. Try both and see what feels better, that's all.
>>
What are your warm-ups m8?
>>
>>35456845
After. Since weightlifting is more important.
>>
if you're doing cardio for "weight loss" you're wasting your time unless you're running ten miles a day

weight loss is about diet
>>
>>35456862
Empty bar up until preferred weight.

Squats 80KGs
BP 1plate
Rows 50KGs
>>
>>35456921
But what if diet + cardio?
>>
>>35457210
Way better, cardio is good for lot of things, and if you do it, it allows you to eat more while having the same kcal deficit, that may be easier for most people than eating less.
Cardio is also good for overall health, because you train your heart, it becomes stronger and pump blood easier while resting, and allow you to do continued work, like running, easier.
>>
>>35457210
I am obviously cutting. The point is that I am not progressing as the routine prefers.
>>
>>35456845
If you are cutting on IC then you do 3x5, not 5x5. Blaha himself said that.
>>
>>35457235
>cardio allows you to eat more
like what? an extra 100 calories

oh boy i can have less than an extra oz of cheese or meat!
>>
>>35457405
>oz
fucking amerifags
>>
>>35457405
more like 3-500 a day for a petite gril and more for men, depending on the cardio.
If you do an hour high intensity swimming you can eat 6-700 more.
>>
>>35456845
do you care about your gains or just losing weight? that is your answer.
>>
A little bit of lower intensity before for a warmup.

Anything prolonged or high intensity after.

desu you shouldn't run fast or anything after doing 5x5 squats and shit. you'll injure yourself. cycle or something.
>>
File: laughing merk mill.jpg (75 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
laughing merk mill.jpg
75 KB, 480x336
>>35456921
>if you're doing cardio for "weight loss" you're wasting your time

found the fat manlet who thinks he's hot shit because he can squat 225 lbs and doesn't do cardio because he "gets all he needs from weight lifting" everybody. join me in pointing and laughing at the retard.
>>
I prefer to do cardio after lifting because I´m all sweaty. After running I want to take shower.
>>
>>35456845
after is better since your reserve of glucose are empty (or close to be empty) you'll burn fat
>>
>>35456921
>2016
>Still thinking picking things up and putting them back down burns a fuck ton of calories
Lol the average guy is looking at MAYBE 300calories from lifting.
>>
>>35457569
Different anon, read the sticky.
>>
>>35456921
what a fucking idiot

don't listen to this loser. Caloric deficit and cardio.

>Doing Cardio to burn calories
>>
>>35456921
You're going to die of heart disease.

Do it after, OP. Lifting after cardio is hell whereas doing cardio after lifting makes getting past the wall easier.
>>
>>35456845
After.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.