[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Gym fuck-ups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 8488793561_3c0c6b1b2e.jpg (43 KB, 480x262) Image search: [Google]
8488793561_3c0c6b1b2e.jpg
43 KB, 480x262
>today in the gym
>doing my DYEL benchpress with lmao1pl8
>doing well, not struggling at all (first series)
>suddenly forgot to control my movement
>push with one arm harder than with other
>bar started to lean on right
>oh shit
>too late, plate slipped on and fell on floor
>then of course the other side started to fall down and the second plate went down
>loud as fuck
>the whole gym is suddenly silence, the owner ran to me to see if I'm alive
>someone started to laugh
>embarassed picked plates from the floor and put them back on bar
>felt like fucking retard for the rest of the session
Has this shit ever happened to you or am I mentally challenged?
>>
>>35456236
dw op we've all been there
>>
What are clips?
>>
File: 1424931043759.jpg (15 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
1424931043759.jpg
15 KB, 355x355
>>35456236
>Has this shit ever happened to you or am I mentally challenged
It never happened to anyone who isn't mentally challenged or a kid
>>
>>35456256
>>35456265
I'm using clips when squatting but I'm not used to them with bench press, shit like this never happened to me before. I usually control my form, not sure why I fucked up this time.
>>
I dont use clips out of the same reason. It's better do drop the weight awkwaardly than to be trapped under a loaded bar
>>
>>35456288
Just put clips on you faggot
>>
should have owned it and laughed
>>
Yes.

If i can't get a spotter ill dump the weights deliberately. People who laugh are normally half repping DYEL faggots.
>>
>>35456236
>doing some high rep close grip bench press
>I know next rep won't go up but try anyway
>welp I'm stuck
>weight is low, I can do that thing where you get up and put the bar on the ground in a single movement
>I have done it earlier with more weight, should be ezpz
>start doing it, I don't hear anything through my earbuds but the bar is swaying to sides like crazy
>whoops apparently I didn't put on clips
>everybody's looking, but not hearing the sounds myself actually prevented me from feeling bad about it
>>
>>35456265
>>35456385
don't do this

when you one day get inevitable stuck under the bar, you'll be fucked
>>
>>35456425
What the darn-diddily-doodily did you just say about me, you little witcharooney? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Springfield Bible College, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret mission trips in Capital City, and I have over 300 confirmed baptisms. I am trained in the Old Testament and I’m the top converter in the entire church mission group. You are nothing to me but just another heathen. I will cast your sins out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in Heaven, mark my diddily-iddilly words. You think you can get away with saying that blasphemy to me over the Internet? Think again, friendarino. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of evangelists across Springfield and your IP is being traced by God right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggorino. The storm that wipes out the diddily little thing you call your life of sin. You’re going to Church, kiddily-widdily. Jesus can be anywhere, anytime, and he can turn you to the Gospel in over infinity ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in preaching to nonbelievers, but I have access to the entire dang- diddily Bible collection of the Springfield Bible College and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your sins away off the face of the continent, you diddily-doo satan-worshipper. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you from the Heavens, maybe you would have held your darn-diddily-fundgearoo tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re clean of all your sins, you widdillo-skiddily neighborino. I will sing hymns of praise all over you and you will drown in the love of Christ. You’re farn-foodily-flank-fiddily reborn, kiddo-diddily.
>>
>>35456265
Never fucking put clips on a bench
Converts the bar into a guillotine
>>
>>35457009
>doesn't do the roll of shame
>>
>>35457049
have fun doing the roll of shame with anything over 3pl8 without shattering a few ribs in the process
>>
> loaded the calf machine with more plates on top
> it fell forward
> loud ass noise
> broke the floor
> almost killed a guy that was sitting next to it
> everyone staring and some came to help

mfwnoface.jpg
>>
File: 1451670406713.png (566 KB, 509x585) Image search: [Google]
1451670406713.png
566 KB, 509x585
>>35457049
>roll of same
this can actually kill you as well
if you have, say, 2pl8s (100kg), and you roll that bar over your ab area, your organs will get crushed, and you might even sever an artery

DO NOT DO THIS

don't use clips, just tip it to the side when you get caught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guD0wVFHLP8
>>
>>35457127

> Failing lifts

Confirmed for not making it, I bet you also need motivation
>>
>>35457127

Fucking pussy

I roll of shame failures all the time, all of those are easily over 2plate

You must have no core at all

Twig
>>
>>35457161
wtf is your problem? if you want to risk tearing an artery, then fine, but don't tell others to do it
if you're caught under the bar, why would you risk dying when you can just tip it to the side?

also
>I roll of shame all the time
which means you're lifting way above your abilities, you massive faggot
training to failure will not give you more gains than 3x10 or 5x5 of 70-80% of 1rm
training to failure is a curlbro meme
fuck off
>>
>>35457009

serves you right for not using dumbbells like you should
>>
>>35456236
lel you are not alone

>been studying for two days and two nights straight, no sleep
>missed wednesday session so i figured i go friday despite no sleep
>warm up to my working set on squats
>whole way through warm up it just didnt feel right
>first rep on squat
>go down
>get stuck at bottom
>lose balance and fall backwards
>dont know why i just didnt let go of the bar but i didnt so i fell with it
>everyone is staring and one dude runs over to ask if im alright
>everyone staring at me as i finish my set and my last two sets

pretty embarrassing shit but funny at the same time
>>
> see some video where guy uses underhand grip on bench press
> decide to try it out
> smith machine
> do a drop set from 80 to 60kg
> hang the barbell not all the way in
> start standing up
> mfw it slips
> biggest noise possible
> mfw my face is flat as downy kid
> everybody staring instead of helping
> tfw pushed last rep from my face

at least i don't have to show membership card when entering the gym
>>
>>35457009
>>35457009

Safety bars m8.
>>
Has anyone ever just rested for a while with your chest partially supporting the weight until you were able to press it back up? Obviously wouldn't work with anything near 1RM but for lower weight I wonder if it's feasible.
>>
>>35457114
kek
>>
Happened 2 workouts ago....leg day. Full gym. Start out with squats. First 2 warm upsets are fine, third set out on heavy weight. At bottom of first rep, I shart. Due to the horror, I could not get out of the hole. I dump the weight, and stand up praying that liquid shit isn't running down my legs. Everyone looking at me due to loud noise. Luckily all seems ok, shit is contained within my briefs. Squeeze my butt cheeks together so shit doesn't seep out and escape shorts, go to unrack bar. Un rack one side completely first, weight of other side causes bar to tilt up and come crashing down...whole gym is looking at me like I'm a retard. Pick up weights and leave. Skip rest of leg day, go to bathroom, wipe up best I can, drive home in shitty shorts
>>
>>35457161
>I roll of shame failures all the time
Are you just trying your best not to make it?
>>
I fell backwards squatting my very first time in the gym
>>
>>35456236
If everyone else is laughing, just laugh it off. Accidents happen, nobody's a god that does everything right.

You people should chill out.
>>
File: 1451503419376.png (89 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1451503419376.png
89 KB, 250x238
>>35457009
>>35457028
>>35457049
>>35457127
>>35457161
just ask for a spot jesus fuck
>>
>be recovering hungry skeleton squatting
>aiming for 3pl8; gonna be a glorious day
>in serious powerlifting gym (Hercules gym in Syracuse NY), huge dudes and high-test chicks everywhere
>belt up
>un rack
>step out
>go down
>don't go back up
>straining with the force of 1000 suns despite making no progress
>spotter has arms on me
>finally grunt "nope" (as in, No I can't get it so take it)
>spotter thinks maybe I meant "NO don't help I got this" and freezes up
>slowly roll forward under lmao3pl8
>back is a rainbow by the time bar hits the safety stops
Felt fine afterwards but the next day I was in moderate pain and had to stop lifting for a few weeks
Damn that was embarrassing
>>
>>35457681
If only i had one bro. Im in home gym so i have no choice but to dump the weights. Feels shit, but no choice
>>
>>35457127
>>35457127
>what are ab muscles
>>
>>35457751
autism, the year
>>
>>35456376
Or just do a roll of shame which looks infinitely less retarded.
>>
File: IMG_0604.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0604.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>35456236
I use fucking clips on every lift every time. If you are worried about getting trapped under the bar this can'tt happen unless you are the only one in the gym
>>
>>35456236
About 2 years ago when I was a dumbass I was doing 3 plate shrugs in the squat rack ( God I was a retard) and I unloaded all the plates off of one side thinking it wouldn't tilt because it never has before with weights up to 250, well it did and almost smashed the mirror and I had to struggle to get the bar pulled out from the other 3 plates weighing it down. It was like King Arthur trying to pull out Excalibur it was such a bitch and I really could have hurt someone. I felt like a total jackass, but hey we all do dumb shit at the gym every once in awhile.
>>
>>35456236
People telling you to use clips are fucking retarded. If you fail a rep you can do what you did to get out from underneath it. Not if you have clips. Clips while benching is a terrible idea.

Learn how to bench properly.
>suddenly forgot to control my movement
>push with one arm harder than with other
This should literally never happen. Especially to the point where a pl8 can slide off.
If you're going to forget what you're doing while you have a loaded bar held above your neck then you're retarded.
>>
>>35457247

Is this by any chance, Athlean-X?
>>
>>35458029
I'm always nervous about this while unracking bar, so are you saying the limit is somewhere near
3pl8?
>>
>>35458159
Just unload each side evenly.
Don't take all the weights off from 1 side.

This should be immediately obvious.
>>
>>35457994
Furry quads
looking cozy senpai
>>
>>35457127
>if you have, say, 2pl8s (100kg), and you roll that bar over your ab area, your organs will get crushed, and you might even sever an artery

source? example of this ever happening?
>>
Can anyone post the gif of the guy doing a deadlift at home with horrible form? He like pulls completely with his back. Haven't seen that one in a long time
>>
>>35456236
i once punched a hole in the floor while taking plates off on one side.... No1 ever found out.
>>
>>35456236
Use it.
>>
File: Bm_usQoCQAA_pAE.jpg (86 KB, 583x632) Image search: [Google]
Bm_usQoCQAA_pAE.jpg
86 KB, 583x632
>>35457127
>Death from roll of shaming 2 plates
>>
>>35456236
Years ago I squatted without clips, somehow lost my balance, and did basically the same thing. Dropped them off one side, then flippidy do da there goes the rest.
>>
>>35456247
ugh no, no we haven't
>>
the only lifts I've ever failed were bench and squat. Squat is okay with those safety bars other than if you slam it down hard.

Bench scares me though. I did the roll of shame once while some asian girl watched me... bitch
>>
>>35457009

I have literally never been stuck, I've always at least had the energy to get it on the safety stoppers or whatever the fuck you want to call them.

If you really can't lift it you just lower it onto your stomach and roll it off you.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.