[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breakfast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: healthy-breakfast.jpg (38 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
healthy-breakfast.jpg
38 KB, 400x266
God-tier breakfast suggestions for college student poorfag living in the dorms. Needs to be healthy and preferably quick.
>>
>>35455021

oats chia seeds hemp seeds maple sytup

literally the best breakfast one can have and ready in a minute. also you can buy big bags of all of this at costco so it's also cheap.
>>
>>35455021
a couple of Hard Boiled Eggs
an Avocado
a Habenero pepper
some Olives
a Can of North Atlantic Sardines.

wash it down with spring water.

rule the World
>>
>>35455134

>2016
>still falling for the keto meme
>>
>>35455021
oats oats oats oats oats oats oats

Make like 3-4 different recipes that fit your taste, need and budget.
I usually pair them with a base of either milk, yoghurt or quark, then add some honey for sweetness and then some additional flavoring like unsweetened chocolate, bananas, apples, coconut flakes, dried fruit, seeds - it works with literally anything.

Rotate your meals so you don't get bored with them. oats are GOAT breakfast material.
>>
>>35455151
it works.. more energy than carbs.. better for you all around.

he was asking for cheap foods.. that list was a pretty cheap high energy meal.. he could start with that and not eat again until the next day
>>
>>35455178
enjoy your osteoporosis
>>
>>35455021

Oats are the best breakfast. Have a bowl of oats with banana and sunflower seed kernels.

>more energy than carbs.. better for you all around.

What do you mean more energy? And fuck no keto isn't better for you. It avoids almost every food group that has known health benefits.
>>
File: reeshake.gif (1 MB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
reeshake.gif
1 MB, 680x680
>>35455178
>more energy than carbs
PER MASS, U DINGUS

YOU CAN OBTAIN THE SAME AMOUNT OF ENERGY WITH BOTH RESOURCES

REEEEEEEEEEE

NYR NORMIES GET OUT
>>
1 cup of oatmeal+scoop of plain protein powder+tbsp of ground flaxseed=gainz
>>
>>35455208

flaxseed = estrogen tho

chia and hemp truly are the way of the champz
>>
>>35455186
>osteoporosis

get edumicated, boy

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/low-carb-dieting.html
>>
>>35455197enjoy your type 2 diabetus and leptin resistance , Oblio.
>>
>>35455021
Get a blender and make smoothies. Frozen cherries, granola, plain yogurt, milk. It's fucking delicious and satisfying.
>>
>>35455234
you forgot to tell him to slap a skull and crossbones on the blender..
>>
>>35455216
Hmm really? Interesting. so I can replace it with chia and I'll still get the omega 3's?
>>
>>35455242

yes it also has a fuckload of fiber.
>>
>>35455021
>2016
>not eating overnight oats
What a complete faggot

http://www.uncagedfitness.net/#!PowerOats-Are-a-Simple-Healthy-Breakfast-Solution/clfr/562faa500cf2d5c7c8f5c0a1
>>
>>35455232

>good carbs protect against diabetes

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/making-healthy-food-choices/diabetes-superfoods.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

>high fat diets make you more likely to develop diabetes

http://blog.joslin.org/2011/09/why-does-fat-increase-blood-glucose/
>>
File: 1450852739832.jpg (48 KB, 720x717) Image search: [Google]
1450852739832.jpg
48 KB, 720x717
I have the same breakfast nearly everyone morning. Cup of coffee or tea, 2 slices of toast, 4 fried eggs covered in hot sauce and a banana. I look forward to breakfast every morning.
>>
>>35455273
>http://blog.joslin.org/2011/09/why-does-fat-increase-blood-glucose/

that is for actual diabetics. this wasn't part of the OP

normal people don't need to worry about this
>>
>>35455287

how do you think normal people become diabetic?
>>
>>35455301
by over indulging in caloric intake if everything can be made into glucose its just excessive calories

look I have been losing fat I have been otherwise unable to lose for twnety years.

in the past two months I;ve seen actual progress on a pretty strick 2,000 cal keto diet

Nothing I ever tried has worked.. it was impossible without this change to keto for me.

I haven't had any indication its causing me other problems and I don't plan on staying on it for long just a few more moths to get rid of the fat

I love a chicken parm calzone like nobody I love oats and pasta etc.. I don't really like the crap I am eating but its working .

losing this fat is an absolute must
>>
File: 4OMgyK3.jpg (224 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
4OMgyK3.jpg
224 KB, 1365x2048
>>35455036
>>35455160
>>35455192
>>35455252
Let me ask you oats guys a question: Do you eat it every morning? And if so, don't you get bored with the same foods over and over again?

I'm asking because I eat oats every other day and it gets pretty stale after a while.

another question is, anyone has a good recipe for protein bars? Some recipes recommend just blending stuff together and putting it into the freezer overnight but it turns to shit if I take it to work.
>>
>>35455021
3 fried eggs
2 tbsp olive oil
2 slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsp natty peanut butter
1 glass milk
>>
>>35455234
this is real cool sometimes. although I usually do this when I don't have enough time for breakfast and bottle up the smoothie to go. Getting out that blender and cleaning it afterwards takes like 10 times the amount of time you'd need for making a simple bowl of oats.

>>35455283
that sounds delicious. what hot sauce do you use?
>>
>>35455327

yes every morning except sundays. sundays i eat eggs and bacon with a big glass of pomegranate juice.
>>
>>35455327
it's hard for me to get bored with oats+milk+chocolate whey.
>>
>>35455327
>Let me ask you oats guys a question: Do you eat it every morning? And if so, don't you get bored with the same foods over and over again?
that's why I (>>35455160 here) suggested to prepare 3-4 different meals. That helps a lot. Oats get boring pretty fast, you need to spice them up good with different flavors. But their nutritional value is just so over the top that anyone who doesn't harness that power is set up to fail.
>>
File: food59.png (430 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
food59.png
430 KB, 640x320
6 eggs + chipotle + smoothie
>inb4 cardio kills gains
>>
>>35455335
I use Sriracha. Amazing on eggs.
>>
>>35455322

>A high fat meal can increase the amount of free fatty acids (FFAs) in the blood. Both repeatedly elevated levels of FFAs as found in chronic intake of high fat (especially high saturated fat) meals and obesity are associated with both skeletal muscle and liver insulin resistance.
>chronic intake of high fat meals and obesity are associated with insulin resistance
>intake of high fat meals and obesity
>insulin resistance

the reason being fat makes you more likely to become diabetic is because some of the fat in your fat cells escapes into your bloodstream as free fatty acids (FFAs) that harm insulin sensitivity. the same thing happens when you eat a high fat diet. eating keto is metabolically the same as being obese when it comes to diabetes.

you don't need keto to not be a fatty either. learn how to eat a healthy diet and you'll keep the weight off for life.
>>
>>35455404
>dietary fat makes you fat

lol
>>
>>35455415

>mocking things I didn't even say
>>
>>35455404
I have for years eaten the best, most nutrient dense and widely varigated diet possible..

I spared no expense buying any and every good food on earth.

I shunned all junk, I drive for a living though and mostly at night No I started to get fat from sitting on my ass driving for eight hours a day and not being able to work out at my condo in the early AM overnight hours..

I have only been doing this for eleven weeks now.

once I am comfortable that i can go back to a normal diet I will and I don;t think I will have triggered diabetes in say 20 weeks of keto.
>>
oats with raw low fat milk and some honey
>>
File: da fuk.gif (3 MB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
da fuk.gif
3 MB, 400x296
>>35455442
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.