[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the preferred source of /fit/ carbs? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1368088054441.jpg (461 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
1368088054441.jpg
461 KB, 1126x1001
What's the preferred source of /fit/ carbs? There's so many things to consider... Vitamins, glycemic index, protein content, price.

Is all of it a meme? Will it all be converted back to sugar anyways? If bread is a meme why are asians so small and whites so big?
>>
fruits and oats for me
>>
>>35452979
>fruit
I get that sugar is a carb as well but I doubt it should be the majority of your daily carb intake.
>>
>>35452968
brown rice
>>
Oats for breakfast. Some kind of whole bread for a high-test sandwich for lunch (eggs, bacon and cheese). Brown rice for dinner. Fruits and veggies.

It's really not that hard family.
>>
/fit/ how many carbs do you normally get in percentage wise. I see a bunch of different things for 2000 calories ranging from 125 to over 200.
>>
>>35453448

counting calories is retarded though.
>>
>>35453520
Well there's your answer, mind explaining?
>>
File: RUUHaNl.jpg (119 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
RUUHaNl.jpg
119 KB, 750x1334
>>35453520

this guys not gunna make it
>>
>>35453543

Unless bodybuilding is how you make a living it's a lot of effort for not that much of a reward. It basically means you can't eat out, eat at a friends house, have a fucking date or whatever. Every thing you eat has to fit your macros. It's gonna take over other parts of your life.

Eating normal, healthy meals with lots of protein while lifting consistently will do the job. Small meals if you want to cut, big meals if you want to bulk up.

As they say, lift to live don't live to lift.
>>
>>35453609
>counting calories is hard sometimes so don't do it
>>
>>35453751
>>35453543
I'm gonna agree here. I counted macros for a couple of months, literally weighing everything I ate. It worked fine of course, I was gaining pretty much exactly what I planned to gain.

But after doing that I could kind of gauge my caloric intake form how hungry/full I was. Now I don't count, I estimate, and I still gain/lose close to what I want.
>>
>>35453520
Not gonna make it
>>
>>35453769

yeah i mean if you've never done it you should try long enough so you can estimate. at one point it just becomes unnecessary. the time you spend counting calories could be spent doing far more productive things.
>>
>>35453015
The majority of your carb intake should be fiber. Fruits and oats have a shit ton of them. Btw, is far superior having the majority of your carbs from fruits than oats, but it's also very difficult because fruits have much more water per lb than cereals.
>>
>>35453825

Chia seeds are goat tier carbs. Oats with chia and hemp for breakfast is literally the best breakfast one could have.
>>
>>35453573
>an oat
Why would you say that?
>>
white rice, sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrots, quinoa, organic corn on the cob(frozen), squash, pumpkin, oats. My favorites are sweet potatoes and white rice for carb loading. White rice is a pretty neutral clean burning starch. Sweet potatoes are great for their wide variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Other than those two I try to emphasize carbs from vegetable sources as much as possible. Fruits are ok in small amounts (1-2 servings a day) but are mostly sugar and should not be your main source of carbohydrates. The best fruits are avocados, coconut, blackberries and cranberries, raspberries, lemon and limes. Although those aren't going to help you too much as far as hitting your carb macros.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.