[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would give you more gains: Doing maximum weight with faster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What would give you more gains:

Doing maximum weight with faster reps and ok form OR doing less weight with slower reps and perfect form?
>>
>>35449903
Yes.
>>
>>35449903

read the sticky
>>
>>35450354
This and high weight, low reps, good form, fast
>>
>ok form or good form?
How is this even a question?
If you can't do it with perfect form, it's too heavy. No exceptions*

*some exceptions
>>
>>35449903
Try both and see which one gives you the best results. Despite what bruhs and stickies tell me, high reps with moderate weight has made me far juicier than 5 rep sets with fuckloads of weight.

I prefer gainz over strength because I don't like the taste of penis so other men being impressed by my strength doesn't concern me.
>>
>>35449903
>slow reps

Why would anyone do slow reps? When you throw a punch do you do it slowly or explosive?
>>
>>35450503
>Why would anyone do slow reps?
No home gym and Planet Fitness only gym in the area.
>>
speed of the rep isn't a variable you should concern yourself with
>>
>>35451084
How not? If you're doing it too fast you're most likely not putting up any resistance on the negative portion of the rep, which some people say can hinder gains.
>>
>>35451197
No legitimate coach would ever, EVER say a thing about bar speed unless he was talking about some dynamic effort mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>35451204
It probably depends on the type of training you're after. I don't think it'd matter much for strenght training, but for hypertrophy and more aesthetic types of training it's well-documented that doing the negative portion slowly can increase your gains.
>>
>>35451221
By "slowly" I don't mean in super slow motion, just maybe two seconds going down, not letting the weight fall.
>>
>>35451197
That's why you do some that push & some that pull. That negative shit is old mumbo jumbo cooked in the late 90's.
>>
>>35451197
I guess there really are people here that don't even lift
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.