[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix this forward head posture I been trying for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
How do I fix this forward head posture I been trying for a while but seeing no progress. It's completely not aligned.

I understand head to should be where the yellow line is.
>>
>>35446583
this. mine isn't as bad as yours but I want to fix it too.
>>
Sleep on the floor, srs. Where are your genes from OP?
>>
stand up straight
>>
>>35446583
i think forcing your head to look down (as in your chin, using your neck muscles) helps.
>>
I got rid of mine by just forcing it all the time until it becomes natural
Stretching and a balanced lifting program is good too, add facepulls
>>
>>35446677

Poverty genes clearly

>>35446715

I need details of these stretches/lifting. How long did it take to get rid of yours and was it this bad?
>>
You need to become aware of that 24/7. Stop curling up on things. You probably need to cut down computer time.

Rows might help. Deadlifts too, indirectly, since core affects posture everywhere.
>>
>>35446583

Jaw clenched, tongue on the roof of your mouth. Stand up straight. Stop hunching over while using the computer.
>>
>>35446778
>Jaw clenched
enjoy your TMJ problems.
>>
>>35446583
Remind yourself to do it as often as possible. It's the only way. Make a symbol on your hand if you need that. At some point you'll get used to it. Look at yourself in the mirror and watch when your posture is perfect. Remember the position of your shoulders, back and neck. If you have a gf, tell her to remind you all the time whenever she notices.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-09-15-02-47.png (267 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-09-15-02-47.png
267 KB, 1080x1920
>>35446583
I started fixing mine after making the same thread. I made this daily routine based on the answers and some google-fu:

With exercise bands:

Shoulder external rotations
Pull aparts
Seated rows
Shoulder raise

+ neck resistance training with hand

Stretching:

Modified doorway stretch
Wall lat stretch
Neck stretches (https://youtu.be/Hxar8p0WcIM)
Some easy yoga stretches for back

Pic related
>>
>>35446870

how long did it take to fix?
>>
>>35446824
Implying anyone on /fit/ has a gf.
>>
>>35446713
If i push it back i can't breathe
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-09-16-44-27.png (233 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-09-16-44-27.png
233 KB, 1080x1920
>>35446901
I just started like a week ago, can't promise it will work, I just sharing what I found out.
But usually it's from 6 months to 2 years, depending on your current state and how often do you do the corrections.
>>
It's a hunched neck. I had a mild one from slouching for several years.

-neck stretches
-correct your posture, DO NOT HUNCH OVER
-sleep on either no pillow, or a very thin pillow
-get a denneroll and use it daily for 10+ minutes

I really recommend a denneroll, for me it was the most effective method.
>>
>>35447133

I have a back brace to pull the shoulders back to its original position - I hope that helps me.

How long did take you to fix your hunched neck, is mine considered mild or bad?
>>
>>35447850
looks bad in that pic desu. not the guy you're talking to tho.
>>
>>35446583
OHP and Chinups.
>>
>>35448200
Chinups would make it worse. Something tells me that OP has done an excessive amount of chinups overtime which lead to his current posture.

Am I right?
>>
>>35448359
Chinups don't cause that if you do it right. Don't lean your head back just to get the chin over the bar. Keep your head neutral.
>>
>>35448412
I know but if that's all you're doing, you're gonna end up with a fucked up posture. Waitin on OP to confirm if he's been doin a shit ton of em.
>>
>>35448433
I don't mean he should only do those, just make sure to include them.
>>
>>35448359

Nope never done chin ups
>>
when you close your mouth and bite, where do you feel the pressure? in the front or back of the teeth? the pressure should be on the back teeth
>>
>>35446583
D E A D L I F T S
>>
File: 1385083802951.png (311 KB, 564x571) Image search: [Google]
1385083802951.png
311 KB, 564x571
>>35446583
This will sound weird, but my brother started doing Tai-Chi and everything about the way he stood, moved, and looked transformed. Everyone in our family has terrible posture, but through his pretty rigorous taichi practice (rigorous, but not as rigorous as a solid /fit/izen's gym schedule) he now has great posture. It also got him a bit more muscular, and it did wonders for his anxiety too (everyone in our family has terrible anxiety too. his was so bad that he thought he was trans for a while because he just felt so uncomfortable in his skin all day every day)

i come from a family with shit genetics, i know.
>>
>>35449717

Front. surely this cant be the cause
>>
>>35450530
Yes it actually can. The pressure should be on the back. Spend a few hours on this site and read the book; it will change everything. Trust me http://starecta.com/
>>
>>35450639
Basically you can stretch all you want, but you'll be back to zero as soon as your teeth and jaw hit the front part.

Pressure on back teeth: gravity centered.
Pressure on the front: 4 kg object putting enormous pressure forward, every bite and step you take.

It's like holding the end of a broom upwards vs tilted forwards. Tremendous difference.
>>
Seated cable rows. Bring the handle to your chest and deliberately squeeze your upper back. 4x15
>>
>>35446870
>tfw I made the post in your screenshot
Keep at it posturebros, remember to share your knowledge every time this thread comes up, shit posture is the enemy of health and aesthetics
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.