[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to weight train in a weightless environment. Interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: astrosquat.webm (3 MB, 1244x696) Image search: [Google]
astrosquat.webm
3 MB, 1244x696
How to weight train in a weightless environment. Interesting stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05oOst9kZXQ
>>
File: we have liftoff.webm (3 MB, 1244x696) Image search: [Google]
we have liftoff.webm
3 MB, 1244x696
>>
this is hilarious
>>
how does that machine work with unracking the bar under weight and reracking it?
>>
>>35443055
I think it's Neat
>>
>>35443088
He explains unracking at 3:42

They don't say how reracking works but I'm guessing there is a lower stopper that you drop the bar to just like safety pins
>>
>>35443109
That's actually really amazing.
>>
>>35442999
His squat form is actually pretty good
>>
some motherfucker will be curling in it before long
>>
>>35443528
kek
>>
>>35442676
>>35442999

This is cool
>>
So I just bought 200kg of weight for my home gym when I could have used a vacuum, a piston and a lever

Just fuck my shit up
>>
File: le real life feels man.jpg (35 KB, 568x584) Image search: [Google]
le real life feels man.jpg
35 KB, 568x584
>tfw you will never have mike as a lifting buddy
>>
Oh the Advanced Resistive Exercise Device (ARED)? I'm "working" on the follow up experiment to that where the astronauts will wear reflective markers while they're performing a squat, leg raise, and a couple of other exercises and be videotaped with infrared cameras to capture the body kinematics during each lift. The astronauts will have performed the same exercises on the ground before they launch into orbit and the data will be compared to after they do them on the space station.
The device works using vacuum pumps for resistance. The astronauts have to use this device every day to prevent as much muscle and bone deterioration as possible. Pretty neat stuff.
>>
>>35443528
kek, thanks

>>35442676
That's pretty smart. I don't fully get why you couldn't use a spring or an elastic band though. Sure, the force is not the same. I mean you can proportion the spring in a way, that you are working in just very small ranges of excursion. Then it wouldn't matter much that the force is changing slightly. Or you could just measure the exact force the spring is applying at any state and compensate with some mechanic or electronic device.

But yeah, I get the elegance of the vacuum tube, it's just one of those ideas that nobody would ever consider without space stations.
>>
>>35443882
the thing about the space station and the space race in general during the cold war is that it spawned a LOT of neat shit that we adapted down here too, it's cutting edge shit going up there and in eventually the good advances start becoming available to the public
>>
>>35443810
Are you a scientist working with them? breddy gool stuf
>>
>>35442676
that is by definition not weight training.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.