[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlift Thread You know the drill...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: deadlift---snatch-grip.jpg (85 KB, 724x1143) Image search: [Google]
deadlift---snatch-grip.jpg
85 KB, 724x1143
Deadlift Thread
You know the drill...
>>
>>35429158
Rollin
>>
no i actually dont, please inform me
>>
>>35429158

no i dont know the fucking drill, and ffs dat moment arm
>>
>>35429186

Izzy, pls leave
>>
It scares the shit out of me to do this and break my back. What do i do fits?
>>
>>35429210
Lift with proper form
>>
>>35429186
Beginner stance, helps get the "muscle memory" for the movement to keep your back from going to snap city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UgD1H_AXw

Doing it with heavy weights is counter productive however.
>>
>>35429186

Its a snatch-grip deadlift. The wide grip and subsequent inefficiency is entirely the point.
>>
>not doing your bodyweight on the bar for your age in reps to close out the year

if you're particular strong you can try it on squat or bench
>>
>>35429237

>inb4 noob

is this even fucking legit ?

why not do deficits instead if mor rom is the goal ?
>>
>>35429245

Already did that.

Because I'm an idiot, I did them with an axle from a deficit.
>>
>>35429275

Because snatch-grip gives you more ROM and more upper back usage.

Downside is you basically need straps.
>>
>>35429275
Puts more stress on the upper back, requires more effort to not let your shoulders round forward. You also use less weight on it so less fatigue.
>>
>>35429245
im going to do 1.5x my bodyweight for half my age for 5 sets tomorrow, does that count?
>>
>>35429474
squats btw, not deadlifts

>high rep deadlifts
>staying alive
pick one
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.