[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm a fatass, 6'0, 340, male. From several sources,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: fat.jpg (28 KB, 520x350) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
28 KB, 520x350
So I'm a fatass, 6'0, 340, male.

From several sources, I read that if I burn 2500 calories a day, I will lose 2 pounds a week. I decided to go on a 2300 diet(before christmas, even. Figured if I can make it through christmas I can make it through 2016) to give me some wiggle room from 2500.

I was discussing it with somebody, and they said when they were even more overweight than they are now, they were gaining weight on a 600 calorie diet.

I read somewhere(even on here) that if you dont take in the cals, you dont gain weight and shit, right? She said it was cause of a metabolism disease she had. Can that even happen? I thought physics and whatnot said otherwise? I just want to know if I'm going to accomplish anything with a 2300 cal diet or if I should shoot for sub1000 or something.

I just wanted to take slow steps in dieting and not just flat out starve myself.
>>
>>35426989
From several sources, I read that if I only eat 2500 calories a day, I will lose 2 pounds a week.*
>>
Have you read the sticky?

Idk about your friend but she is probably just a typical fatass annd not actually counting calories
>>
read the sticky

your fat friend was lying about her intake
>>
>>35427084
>>35427090
Yeah, I read the sticky.

I'm just asking about if my fat friend has any truth in her words or not.

I didn't know if there was a disease that would cause a woman over 200 pounds to gain weight from a 600 calorie diet.

Thanks for the feedback, had a hunch, since she got really defensive, but even though she said "Im not going to sit here and argue with someone unarguable, someone who doesn't bother trying to see someone else's side of the story" when all my life I have been diplomatic, understanding, and a devil's advocate.

Which should be obvious from my post, as I gave her the benefit of the doubt and asked you guys.
>>
>>35427140
she doesn't. gaining weight from 600 calories at 200 pounds is impossible
>>
>>35427158
apart from water weight
>>
>>35426989
she's lying because she doesn't know how to count calories. most fatties don't and think they eat way less than they actually do.
>>
>>35427158
600 cals a day is like a good day at Auschewitz. surviving but barely.
>>
>>35426989

People lie about how much they actually eat. She is probably eating a shit ton more than she thinks she is. Calories in versus calories out don't lie. Some people with an actual issue think it means they can't gain weight. Their issue only accounts for maybe 100 calories, not 3000.
>>
>>35427293
I had such a good laugh from that, holy shit, thank you.

I was pissed off earlier at my friend being rude, and hearing that made my day. Doing a bit of research, so if I don't do ANYTHING except fucking sit around posting on /fit/, 2400-2500ish is the cals I should be taking in?

I'm on day 9 of my diet, and aside from going to someone's birthday party(didnt want to be a buzzkill, had 3300) I kept below 2500.

This........honestly doesn't seem that hard. When does shit get difficult? Did I git gud?
>>
>>35427437
>only 9 days
>already 1 cheat day
>no exercise
>tons of extra weight to compensate for the lower intake
>"this is so easy"

It's like your going to run 100 miles and you start by walking a few blocks and you're thinking "I got this."
>>
>>35427437
It really isn't that hard, you silly fuck. The problem is people think they can find shortcuts or just drop it for periods of time without consequences. Nah son it takes work to maintain a diet, active focus, even without physical exercise. You might be thinking it's easy now, but you've already gone over the limit in under two weeks. Are you that weak willed?
>>
>>35427540
The 1 cheat day was the first day cause some chick was at the party.

But I did ask when this got difficult, so I'm ready for it.
>>35427543
As I said in this post, it was the first day, and I started the diet *after* I went over limit.

Question, propel fitness water, the zero calories version, is it ok to drink or will I hurt myself? People say it still has weight, not it has no cals? Surely its at least better than coke (which I havent had since starting)
>>
>>35427655
why can't you drink water?
>>
File: vegeta egg.jpg (79 KB, 642x512) Image search: [Google]
vegeta egg.jpg
79 KB, 642x512
>>35427700
Im told by people that its better cause vitamins and stuffs.

Let me guess, its not?
>>
>>35427727
don't be so gullible.
>>
File: vegeta egg2.jpg (91 KB, 930x518) Image search: [Google]
vegeta egg2.jpg
91 KB, 930x518
>>35427789
fuck
>>
>>35427437
>if I don't do ANYTHING except fucking sit around posting on /fit/, 2400-2500ish is the cals I should be taking in?

stop being lazy and go down to 1500. and get used to it.
>>
>>35427727
Its better than soda and if you can't tolerate water, go ahead. In reply to your "when does it get hard" question I don't know since I've never had to go on a diet. Best of luck.
>>
>>35426989
well then that somebody was either a dirty fucking liar like most fatasses when it comes to spilling beans about calorie intake, or they thought you meant kcal/h
>>
>>35427655
Difficult is a subjective word. What some may find difficult you may not and vice versa. Therefor it's hard to say how long it will take. But since you failed on the first day because of some girl (and by a lot) it probably won't be long before it gets hard for you.
>>
>>35427437
>2400-2500ish
>This........honestly doesn't seem that hard

no shit man
2500 is bulking for normal people, and it wont get you anywhere close to normal weight. you'll have to adjust down to somewhere between 1500 and 2000 eventually if you want to achieve a normal bodyfat percentage.
>>
>>35427835
>stop being lazy and go down to 1500.
A site said 2500 for 2 pounds a week, and didnt let me ask for even more pounds to lose. I thought it was a hint saying having that low is bad. Also, 2500 keeps someone at my height at 200, which is what I'm going for. 1500 would make me underweight, right? I know people probably switch back to higher cals once they get to what they want, but I like to keep it consistent.

Also, as I said, I try to be below 2300. Managed 2170 on the 5th day without any hunger.
>>
>>35427655
> Better start cutting
> Starts cutting with cheat day on day 1

hAHAHAHHAH
>>
>>35427857
>But since you failed on the first day because of some girl (and by a lot) it probably won't be long before it gets hard for you.
The girl is what made me go on a diet in the first place, after that I didnt eat anything else and only finished my drink(which was at least 3/4 empty) because we had a toast.
>>35427889
Hold on, a place said 2500 is normal for normal people?
>>
>>35426989
Eat lots of.veggies and stuff that's low in calories.
Drink plain water with lemon slices in it.
Drink tea, unsweetened.
Install water your body and drink tons of water.
I think most dairy is high in calories, so careful with that.
Kill your landwhale friend for being retarded.
Install my fitness pal or any other calorie tracker and aim to eat 2k a day. Maybe go down progressively from 2.5 to 2k and then less.
It's easy if it's gradual.
Also, never add any exercise in your tracker. Exercising is a bonus, and you're not allowed to eat more if you think you burned a good amount of cals.
>>
>>35427935
And don't forget about beer and other drinks. Everything has calories..
>>
>>35427919
>a place
sounds like a credible source
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 630x516) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 630x516
>>35427809
she lied to herself about the calories and she is a stuck up bitch about it. you hear it so often, i only eat one salad and i still get fat? must be some metabolic disease! oh yeah and maybe all the chocolate and coke that i forgot to count. the disease is in your head, madam!

as long as you're on a deficit, you will lose weight. I'd aim for 2000kcal a day to get results. It will be hard for some days maybe weeks but you will get used to it pretty fast. me personally i would not take "steps" down because you need to get used to it more often, just once for real, but maybe that's just me.

i'd still take a walk everyday or go swim once a week. but no need. and don't jog.

Drink water, tea, maybe coffee. Not this vitamin water shit. And please no diet soda. If you're worried about vitamins, eat fruit or maybe supplements.

stick to what makes sense, not what people tell you. and the best of luck to you!

>pic not me
>>
>>35427895
yeah man you stop cutting when you're at your desired weight. gonna take you ages (if not gaining weight lol) at 2500....................................... 2500...... no.
>>
>>35426989
You're overthinking it fatso. Eat less, move more. 2300cals is a good spot to stick with. Consistently hit that mark while exercising and you'll lose fat and maintain muscle easily.
>>
>>35426989
>not doing the hard work
>not going to make it
>>
>>35428021
Here ya go
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/
>>35427935
Does the water need lemon slices? I hate lemon.

I have two bottles of milk with 260 cals each day, one in the morning one at night.

Im using a word document to keep track of calories, I just transfer it from what the bottle says.

I exercise a little, and around, but yeah I don't add that [spoiler]also video games[/spoiler].
>>35427913
When I ate 3k calories, I wasnt even thinking about it, then i did, and stopped. So I guess I only been dieting for 8 days.
>>
>>35427919
Male teen maintenance 2200
Female teen maintenance 1800
Male adult maintenance 1800
Female adult maintenance 1500

Subtract/add 100 per 6 inch difference in height from norm
>>
>>35428513
yeah you didnt diet on that day

milk? are you retarded?

the lemon is just to make it tasty, there's no need /spoiler
>>
>>35428544
So even LIVESTRONG lied to me.

Fuck it, time to git gud like I'm playing some assfaggot vidya.

Gunna put my trying for to 2000 and put my cap at 2300 starting tomorrow(already at 2305 today(the 5 is a cut pickle))

Also, checked my average over these last 9 days, even with the fuckup I'm below my limit once adding everything and dividing by 9

So proud of myself.

But yeah, starting now will be shooting for sub 2000, with 2300 at my limit. Will help with calculating how much I have left to spend too.
>>
>>35426989
dude literally just eat 2000 calories of healthy shit (chicken, vegetables, fruit, etc) and walk or jog several miles throughout the day and you'll be where you want to be by 2017

it's not that hard. just stick with it. it's like quitting an addiction, all it takes is willpower

would you rather sit around eating shit and playing LoL like a fat fuck or face the most self prosperous journey of your lifetime and yield golden results, impress all your friends and family and have newfound respect for yourself and from other people?
>>
>>35429094
Jokes on you, I play heroes of the storm!

But yeah, I get ya. Also which is better, chicken or beef?
>>
>>35426989

>To lose weight, boil down soap in waterand drink it thrice daily. Consuming the equivalent of a Dove bar daily.

Didn't you read the sticky?
>>
>>35429266
chicken for show, beef for a pro
>>
>>35429382
>all that extra fat
Why would you do this when the man is trying to cut?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.