[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: boogers-candy.jpg (38 KB, 450x376) Image search: [Google]
boogers-candy.jpg
38 KB, 450x376
Who lifts sick? Im all fucked up but i refuse to miss another day.
>>
Make ginger tea with honey. Shit actually works
>>
If you lift, eat and sleep well you will never be sick anyway
>>
>>35411851
Had a cold for the past few days, honestly i feel to shitty to even leave the house never mind go to the gym
>>
>>35411865
>Lift 6 days a week for 2 years
>Eat healthier than anyone I know
>Sleep 8 hours a night

>Dyel fag on Algerian fox trapping forum talks shit about my cold
>>
as long as you're doing strength training

cardio while sick will just make you 100x worse
>>
>>35411851
Enjoy your heart failure
>>
>>35411851
You should never skip a day at the gym unless your illness is very severe or contagious.

When I was sick last month I still lifted, although my progression stalled for a week. But lifting feels too good to give up just because I had a cold.
>>
>>35411851
Stay the fuck home you germ spreading mongoloid. Your session will suck ass anyways. Stay home, rest, eat as good as you can.
>>
>>35412035
Home gym master race.

Currently sweating out the germs, feels good
>>
>>35411910

Please stop talking about things you don't know about.
>>
>mom only ate organic during pregnancy
>been sick 3 or 4 times in my life

Feels good mang. Missed out on that bovine growth hormone though so I'm not tall like everyone else. At least I'll outlive them by 20 yrs
>>
Just asking but I had my wisdom teeth out a day ago and I was wondering when I should resume exercise.
>>
>>35412266
Ok you're exempt from my tirade.
>>
>>35412298
>At least I'll outlive them by 20 yrs
yeah being a 110 year old manlet is gonna be so fun dude
>>
>>35411851
Yeah get your fucking mucus hands all over the dumbells and spread that shit around you autist fag
>>
>>35411865
Unless someone sick comes near you and you catch it.
>>
If I lift when I'm sick I'll start to hate lifting. So no.

I can double down on rest days for a week.
>>
File: gud.jpg (38 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
gud.jpg
38 KB, 400x388
I felt a sickness coming yesterday but my elite immune system fucked up the invading virus and i had a great lift today.
>>
>catch nasty illness for the first time in like a fucking decade
>go to gym anyway
>hit PRs each session

it seems to have no effect on strength
>>
im getting over a cold now, probably cause some faggot at the gym decided to lift while sick

kill yourself if you do this
>>
>>35414109
>>35413599
>>35412035
>not going at 2am when nobody's in
>not wiping clean the equipment you used
>>
>>35414109
>his immune system isn't strong enough to fight off the common cold
>>
I always try and lift whilst ill. Sometimes I struggle, miss a rep here and there but it's still better than not going at all.

Unless I'm bed ridden, I don't even move to answer the door.
>>
>>35411851
I tried lifting sick once when I was in college. I damn near killed myself, my lifts were shit, and I felt worse the next day. I don't want to imagine what would happen now that I'm 10 years older.

tl;dr - don't.
>>
File: gogetasama.jpg (645 KB, 1278x720) Image search: [Google]
gogetasama.jpg
645 KB, 1278x720
>>35414208
this
>>
>>35412298
>manlet
>a-at least i dont get sick guys
kek

OP: if you're sick, DONT work out. putting heavy stress on your body while it's fighting an infection is retarded and can turn a harmless cold into a pneumonia that will fuck your shit up.
>>
I fucking hate anyone who goes to the gym while sick. Wiping the equipment does fuck all. If you're sick, don't get everyone else sick.

Anyone who claims to hit PRs or that being sick has no effect on their training does not train hard enough. Even the common cold will fuck up your breathing if you're actually sweating up a storm like you should be.

And yes treating your body like shit will give the illness a chance to thrive. No immune system can fight the common cold because the virus mutates every single year into something the body can't recognise
>>
File: 1451412093142.jpg (23 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1451412093142.jpg
23 KB, 480x600
>>35411865
>>
>>35412298
>what is cause and effect
>>
>>35411851
stay the fuck at home you shitheads I don't need to get sick from you fuckers leaking snot all over the barbells

You can't even work out properly when you're sick you're just delaying your recovery
>>
>>35411851
i trained sick all the time untill recently when i got the flu, trained through it, which led to a chest infection
tryed training through it but after every session my fever got worse and it wiped me out
>>
>>35411865
This op. Since I lift I eat well and I've never got sick again.
>>
>>35414208
What are some routines to strengthen your immune system
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.