[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss HPV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1381295194790.jpg (69 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1381295194790.jpg
69 KB, 500x544
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_papillomavirus#Hands

You can carry HPV and not even know it, it's the most common STD in the world. Most of the time it's harmless (non-cancer causing strains) but of course no one wants it, it's not even generally a priority for the CDC... Do you have HPV or think you might have HPV? There are so many strains and the science behind the disease are illusive, most strains of HPV clear up after 2 years, but the virus might still be slightly present in the individual... what do you think? There's some ugly, ugly images of HPV on google, but I'm assuming they're just extreme cases with people with weak immune systems... Are you worried? Probably should be....
>>
>>35398383
I probably have it, had a lot of unprotected sex with multiple very slutty girls.

but as far as I know I don't have any STDs( yet)
>>
>>35398407
You are probably a carrier, get tested for it if you can. Men don't have to worry about getting cancer from it, but women do... HPV really needs to be discussed, men can carry it with no medical problems for themselves, but can give it to females and it can cause cancer. :( Be careful, my friend.
>>
>>35398383
I expected more replies, especially with a board like /fit/... I bet a lot of you have HPV.
>>
I have HPV. My cervix is showing early signs of cancer too. I even got the HPV vaccination.

Damn it. I only had sex with 2 guys, but they had lots of ONS. Why men? Why do you have to have so much sex with so many women?
>>
>>35398523
OP here, female also. I'm sorry, anon. I am worried that I have hpv also, it's confusing, I have ingrown hairs frequently and lip zits... they pop, though, so makes me think it isn't hpv... I should probably get checked out, if I do have hpv I hope it isn't the cancerous strain, it is such a common disease, my current bf seems to have symptoms of it, even before I met him. At least I don't have herpes...
>>
>>35398557
I have persistent ingrown hairs and there's a non-whitehead bump on my lip, and there's pimples at the corner at my mouth that pop, and a pimple at the end of my cupid's bow, not noticeable... I am worried.
>>
>>35398557
I caught it early in my annual pap smear. Unfortunately, it was cancerous. Currently, the doctors aren't seeking treatment. I'm going in for another pap in a few months to see if if the cancer has progressed or if my immune system fought it off. 85% of the time, the body clears the HPV infection on its own.

I wish men would vaccinate themselves, but it's seen as a woman's disease and men don't really care about being carriers, so they don't.
>>
>>35398383
this one girl i met at a bar gave me HPV. i called her over one night and beat the fucking shit out of her. fortunately she didn't call the cops. she was crying and saying she deserved it.

i'm not sure why the other half of the human species is so dysfunctional..
>>
>>35398610
How did you know? There isn't an HPV test for men
>>
>>35398579
OP again, I am 23 years old. I have had 7 sexual partners.(2 protected, 5 not) I am worried... I think I have HPV. I have no symptoms of herpes, but my mom has herpes... her symptoms are very mild, just red spots, no pussing sores... Why are your doctors not seeking treatment? That's fucked up, I've yet to get a pap smear, though I know I should. I mean I know that 85% of the time that the cancer doesn't progress... but still.
>>
>>35398615
her "friend" told me
>>
>>35398617
They are not seeking treatment currently because 85% of the time, the HPV infection is cleared up on its own.

It's a wait-and-see approach. I have another pap in 6 months.

Symptoms like acne on the face don't mean anything. The only sure way is to look at your cervix at your pap smear, which you really should be doing annually.
>>
>>35398617
also, herpes and HPV are not related ....

I think you're rather confused, you should probably visit the doctor, if only to get those informational pamphlets they hand out :\
>>
>>35398634
Thank you anon, I really should get checked out. I need to be on birth control anyways, but I'm not.... I've been with my bf for 2 years and have been using the "pull out" method (I know I know) and have not gotten pregnant.
>>
>>35398652
uhhhh

ok

Your gynecologist is not going to be a happy camper
>>
>>35398644
I know they are not related, I was just saying that my mom has herpes (she was a babyboomer hippy and had a lot of wild sex in the 70's) So I am worried that I have a dormant form of herpes...?
>>
>>35398693
Uhhh, I don't think that's a thing, but you can ask your doctor that
>>
>>35398662
I know, but... yeah I can lie and say I've used condoms.
>>
>>35398718
You really shouldn't lie to your doctor. There's no benefit to it, except maybe 3% less judging? Furthermore, if you are completely honest, then you'll get the treatment that fits you best.
>>
>>35398693
There's only a chance if she didn't have a c-section and you were exposed to her vaginal fluid
>>
>>35398383
I'm a male, and I have it. The general attitude of the doctor was whatever. They basically didn't care. They really only care about the cancerous strain in females. I believe if you display warts then you don't have the cancerous strain.
>>
>>35398617
I think I know that middle girl. She does stand-up comedy but is very unfunny.
>>
I know an ex used to have it. I had unprotected sex with her, although not when she had warts or anything. She got tested and got told that it wasn't a cancer causing strain.
I've never had any warts, and it hasn't turned up with any girl i've had sex with since. It's been several years so if i actually gave it to someone i'd known it by now.

So yeah, whatever.
>>
>>35398832
Males can get the warts too. Shit looks nasty, buddy got passed it from a girl he fucked at a bar one night who also didn't know she had it ...(yet).
>>
>>35398634
Cancer doesn't just "clear up", you probably had a CIN 2/3 (cervical intra epithelial neoplasia, high grade) not full blown cancer. Cervical cancer at your age isn't likely. If a high grade lesion persists, then it *could* progress to cancer, though still unlikely because they would probably just cut it out.
Also, the more unprotected sex you have, the more likely it is that you will contact a high risk strain of hpv (16, 18, 44, 45 are the main ones). Wrap it up, girl.
>>
>>35399386
Thanks for the summary of the wikipedia article, but my results was actually CIN I. I've been vaccinated before sexual inter course, so it's definitely not 16/18.

Rest assured, my doctor knows what he's talking about.
>>
HPV is pretty cancerous for men too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1358845/Oral-sex-bigger-cause-throat-cancer-tobacco.html#ixzz1EheHxQd7

Theres bunch more studies if you google hpv throat cancer.
>>
>>35399697
>>35399697
yeah but I don't suck dick so I'm cool
>>
I usually just lurk but it's disgusting how much some of you are generalizing. Absolutely distasteful sexism.
>>
>>35399713
if your bitch wants you to eat carpet then it's a problem
>>
>>35399713
yep you get cancer from eating dirty cunts and thats like 80% of women
>>
>>35398383
There's a vaccine for it though. Don't you have to get the vaccine.
>>
>>35398383

dat pic

my feelz

hold me, /fit/
>>
>>35400503
There is no effective vaccine for male throat and mouth cancer causing strand, and according to last years findigs its worse than smoking
>>
>>35398383
I don't fuck sluts, so i would guess my risk is rather low.
>>
I've never been vaccinated and I've fucked my fair share of hookers so I'm pretty sure I have a strain of hpv.
Is there a point in getting vaccinated if I just fuck hookers?
>>
File: 1451158828965.jpg (249 KB, 950x1346) Image search: [Google]
1451158828965.jpg
249 KB, 950x1346
Feels good to be permavirgin masterrace.
>>
I have genital herpes and HPV. I know where the herpes came from. I have no idea where the HPV came from.

>Taking antiviral medication daily
>Having to burn warts off my own penis with liquid nitrogen once every few months
>>
>>35398421
I work in cancer care. Head and neck cancer rates are increasing due to hpv in both men and women. It's some nasty shit too. Remember that the next time you go down on someone...
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.