[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
injury general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 2015-12-25 19.01.47.jpg (402 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25 19.01.47.jpg
402 KB, 764x1024
Post YFW you will never squat your max again. Max was 4pl +25 and then I tore my acl and meniscus on my right knee and recently meniscus on left. Haven't gotten surgery can only squat lmao 2plate now. Pic related, me squatting a few years back

Need to get surgery soon but for now squats are keeping me walking around

T. MRI confirmed
>>
How did you tore it OP?
>>
>>35398871

I sucked too many dicks and had a butt plug while squating
>>
File: lhMk-EhS.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lhMk-EhS.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>
>>35398303
how did you tear it? was it bad form?
>>
>>35398303
knees caving in, you deserved it
>>
>Going for a PR
>4.5 plate
>After warming up and slowly progressing to max I get under bar
>Get halfway down my rep, feeling good with that feel you get when you know you got the lift no problem
>Get 3/4 up and i see something in corner of my eye
>Some highschool kid over head pressing RIGHT next to me
>He hits my bar
>Weight shifts from my legs to my lower back
>Snap
>L5 S1 slipped disk
>Could not feel my legs and had to go out in an ambulance

4 years later and I will never squat or dead again though I have recently been going back to the gym since given the all clear by a neurosurgeon.

2.5 plate bench and 1.5 plate overhead
>No legs

Such is life
>>
File: jesse.png (154 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
jesse.png
154 KB, 498x500
>>35398303
>Barefoot
>Knees caving in
>Meme-bar
>>
Guys are injuries inevitable?Good form and all eventually there's a lot of weight.
>>
>>35399694
I think minor injuries are inevitable
>>
What's the point of lifting dangerously heavy when you can look as good with lighter weights ?
>>
>>35399607
Please tell me you killed that little fuck. If you didn't then you really can't be upset over what happened.
>>
Has anyone here gotten injured for any reason than going too heavy?

I never understood guys who lift with shit form. Literally nobody cares how much you can lift, so why risk a serious injury. And don't give me some bullshit about plateau's and how 1RM are important, good form is important. If this is something you're passionate about, why not go as safe and slow as possible so you can protect your body and keep lifting for a lifetime. The weights and gravity don't care about your ego.
>>
File: fuckyou.jpg (119 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.jpg
119 KB, 600x600
>>35399807
Because some autists think you need 'functional strength.'

Meanwhile Chad from across the gym is doing high volume, hitting bodyparts twice a week, is leaner, bigger, and more aesthetic, and is having his pick of the global harem of women to polish down his cock because he isn't some savant worried about strength programming.
>>
File: 1417339540500.png (2 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1417339540500.png
2 MB, 1065x902
>>35400540
''anon pick me up on your big arms''
>>
>>35400652
>implying you're still weak if you lift for aesthetics

like i mentioned, autists
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.