[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A pound of fat is equivalent to about 3500 calories right? So
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: fat.jpg (20 KB, 487x366) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
20 KB, 487x366
A pound of fat is equivalent to about 3500 calories right? So if my tdee were 2000 cals and I ate 5500 calories today, without working out, surely I don't just gain an entire pound of fat right?

Also hypothetically say someone at 20,000 calories in a day, could they just gain 4-5 pounds of fat in one day? Does the body do this?
>>
what is pooping
>>
>>35397562
alright so how much does the body decide to store? is there a limit on what the body can store, calorie wise, in one day?
>>
>>35397571
Yes, there is a limit to what you can absorb. This varies greatly from person to person.
>>
>>35397560
Why is it 5hashtag or 1hashtag

what's so hard about lb?
>>
>>35397571
You do know that the main point of eating isn't to grow fat or muscle right?

It's for energy to move and breathe and pump blood and think
>>
>>35397594
so if i have one grossly excessive pig out day, it's not as bad as breaking my calorie cap multiple times a week?
>>
>>35397596
The smaller one is currently the number one fat in the country, the award was given out last month
>>
>>35397598
I'm an ex-fatty who lost over 100lbs and today i went off the wagon hard, first time in 10 months. Was just curious what happens to huge excesses of calories in one day
>>
>>35397600

It's just as bad you fat fuck.

>imma cheat on sunday cause I DESERVE IT! and I won't be punished as much cause the body magically won't utilize it!
>>
>>35397610
You burn some of it, you poop some of it, you store some of it. The more you move determines how much of the stored energy is burned, and the more you eat determines out much of the food is pooped
>>
>>35397610
yeah thats not how I think about cheat days which is why I haven't had one all year until today. but man is it one hell of a cheat day and definitely won't be a regular thing
>>
>>35397626
Whoops, meant for >>35397608

>>35397635
You shouldn't be worrying about the physical toll, you should be worrying about what it'll mean mentally. You could be more tempted to do it again in the future now. It doesn't matter what we say about how bad or not-so-bad it was, don't do it again is the point.
>>
>>35397608
Same boat as you weight loss wise. In my experience, a single day overeating generally causes a jump for a few days but if you keep on the diet it fades. If you have a target weight it will slow you down a bit. But a lot of food weight is water and your body isn't 100% efficient at absorbing it.
>>
>>35397648
yeah... the holidays are definitely testing my resolve, but luckily I've made room in my daily cal counts for any bad foods like a small slice of pie, etc.,. But today I've just gone wicked overboard. I'd like to think I have the discipline to say this won't happen again but I can't be for certain

I'll do my best, I don't want to go back to how I was...
>>
>>35397667
How about you promise yourself next time you slip, you'll unplug your router for a day, no internet. After that, two days, after that, three. So on
>>
>>35397664
I know I'm going to be bloated as fuck for a few days after today, and I don't have a target weight anymore, just eating at maintenance and lifting now to balance out my shitty body composition

Thank you for the info, gonna throw away the rest of this trail mix and start anew
>>
>>35397676
Probably a good thing to do in general sometimes... but yeah man, that's a good idea. Just gotta show discipline for that as well
>>
>>35397560
if you don't normally eat 5500 kcal, there's no way you're digesting all of that
>>
>>35397758
good to know, thank god
>>
>>35397605
Good post.
>>
>>35397596
This better be bait, that symbol existed before twitter and it's called a pound.
>>
>>35397560
Iirc it takes 12 to 24 hours for fat to be produced, so that is a factor as well.
>>
>>35398353
So as long as I poop within a day of eating I won't gain weight?
>>
>>35397560
>A pound of fat is equivalent to about 3500 calories right?
No, it's equivalent to about 4100 kcal. No idea why people seem to remember that wrong and stupid number, but the energy content of fat is 9.1 kcal/g. Memorize that number, it's very handy. Also memorize that protein has 4.3 kcal/g. It's more difficult for carbs, but it's also about 4 g/kcal (it depends on the kind of carb).
>>
>>35399608
Iirc bodyfat also has a percentage of water in it, so to loose one pound of your weight through losing fat is not equivalent in calories to 1 pound of fat. Can't remember the ratio though.
>>
>>35399608
>No, it's equivalent to about 4100 kcal.
source plz. I have never heard anyone suggest this.

>>35397560
>Also hypothetically say someone at 20,000 calories in a day, could they just gain 4-5 pounds of fat in one day? Does the body do this?
When discussing physiology always remember that the body will always do its best to keep you alive while maintaining the most resources at minimum effort.

you have excess muscle that isn't being used?
>Better burn it for energy!
you're eating way less and are already at low body fat?
>Better upregulate stress hormones to increase fat preservation to make sure it's there when you might actually starve!
You ate 4lbs of liver when you already have adequate Vitamin A stores?
>Better tell that colon to just shit it all away!

In your hypothetical situation, fat storage would be upregulated in certain situations: when you are already at low body fat, if you have excess adipocytes that are near empty from you are a former fatty, elevated cortisol, elevated insulin, etc. I cannot imagine a situation where someone could actually take on 5lbs of fat in one day. I'm sure there is some kind of upper limit, but I have no idea what it would be. Similarly, I've heard people say that 1lb of fat cannot release more than 250kcal/day but I have no source on that. I've heard it from other forums.
>>
>>35397562
>>35397594
wait, so does that mean if I eat 1800 calories 6 days a week, and 6000 calories one day, would I gain less weight than if I ate 2500 calories each day?
>>
The more energy you get the more you waste fools.
>>
>>35398257
>someone, somewhere in the world, is using hashtags to measure weights in the current year

merkins, when will they learn
>>
Sure if you eat 10000 calories it'll probably only make 2lbs of fat instead of 2.8 because of enzyme limits, metabolism, etc.

If that's justification for a cheat day then you're deluding yourself.

The problem with cheat days is that your body loves calories, it wants more calories, if calories were money, your body would be like a government, it can do more with more, and every time you have a cheat day your body's like "holy shit that was awesome!" "let's do it again!", thus making it that much harder to return to your deficit.
>>
File: wait a minute.png (414 KB, 530x464) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute.png
414 KB, 530x464
if you're obese how long can you go without eating or just eating the bare minimum to get vital nutrients or whatever? If an obese person just straight up barely eats will they get skinny because their bodies will draw from their fat supply?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.