[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be real here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: 1436103279392.png (890 KB, 632x871) Image search: [Google]
1436103279392.png
890 KB, 632x871
What's cool when you're at the gym, is that you get to see the different phenotypes of people.

There are some dudes having piss-poor frames with thin fingers, bitch wrists and narrow chinless faces who lift jack shit, despite being long term gym goers,, and there are some mofos who manage to DL 250lbs first time, have visible muscular mass with thick as fuck necks and forearms, often associated with wide faces, huge chins and xboxhueg jaws.

Now tell me /fit/. Are there studies that disprove otherwise? Are there studies that show we're all the same and it's all a matter of caloric consumption?

I mean, it's just clear to me that we aren't all the same, that some people manage to retain their incredible muscle mass on 2000 kcal, while some other teens need 5000 kcal just to put on a fraction of muscle.

Are we clear on that? Do you feel the same, or is this just a shit impression I have?
>>
Please /fit/.
>>
>>35390638
you're right. there is such a thing as genetics
this is not even a matter of debate
>>
Tfw when I'm the first except I just started going after taking an extended break 8 weeks.
>>
>>35390638
Well of course everyone's different.
>>
>>35390638

why the fuck do you have this saved anyways
>>
File: 1433213276940.jpg (13 KB, 249x213) Image search: [Google]
1433213276940.jpg
13 KB, 249x213
>>35390638
>There are some dudes having piss-poor frames with thin fingers, bitch wrists and narrow chinless faces who lift jack shit, despite being long term gym goers

You just literally described me. A buddy of mine is 17 (I'm 23) and he's been lifting for 4 months and he looks wider and "thicker" than I do. I can still overpower him and I outlift him completely, but his body actually looks like what a person who lifts should look like. I just look small and flabby.
>>
>>35390638
You ever notice how only pathetic, scrawny kids blame their genetics?

Everyone can achieve a high level. Maybe not everyone has the ability to be world class, but anyone who works hard enough can achieve something.

Also,
>250lb
>a lot
I did that in less than a month at 135lbs
>>
I have bitch hands/wrists
Started out with a weak little frame

Yet I lift 1/2/3/4 for reps, which is more than most people in my gym who have big strong frames can lift
>>
im not tall but my dick is 7x5.5

genetics is what it is, not everyone can look good or jump high or run fast.
>>
>>35391268
>You ever notice how only pathetic, scrawny kids blame their genetics?
Yeah, nope. Fat people do it all the time
>>
being fat is 100% up to you, not genetics.

but not all people in shape will look good, THAT is genetics. like insertions, etc.
>>
>>35391302
Same shit, just the other direction.
>>
Bro, phenotypes.
Second, as a senior been involved with gym culture for decades: meat heads, runners, selfie jerks, regulars, and fitness freaks. Many people evolve in to one or a combo.
I could dance any of them or their female partners(are they?) under any dance floor or studio in the time length. Conditioning!
Some men want to appear as atlas, many simply want to be fit, others lose or gain weight.
Peace
>>
I'm tall, big jaw and chin, wide frame, but have thin wrists, so it's not either you're shit or magic obviously
>>
>>35391344
What the fuck is this post
>>
>>35390638
Wew lad I'm in the second group
Benched 205, deadlifted 315 or somesuch, squatted 255.
Thick wrists, muscled before gym, decent jaw at 15% bf, 18" neck, and everyone I've ever seen lift for extended periods of time just don't make the same progress. That said,I haven't missed a single training session since September 2013 when I started and now I'm the strongest or second strongest guy at the gym.
>>
>>35391386
completely accurate
>>
>>35391268
>scrawny kids
>at 135lbs

lol??
>>
>>35391467
Literally the whole point. I don't weight 135 anymore.
>>
>>35391494
Weigh*
>>
Google Casey Butt's genetic muscular potential calculator. He also has a calculator that calculates your maximum lifts. He bases this all on height, ankle and wrist size.

For his lift calculator, he gives you essentially a range.. A minimum if you have shit proportions for that lift. But the main equations calculate your MAX lifts. If you were to be an elite drug free powerlifter.

He came to these by studying lifters.

E.g. I'm 6 foot 1, 7 inch wrists, 9 inch ankles. His calculator estimates the most I'll weigh natty at 10% bodyfat is like ~210lbs, with 17 inch arms or something (lol). He also estimates the most I'll ever bench natty is just a little under 3 plate. I forgot if that was assuming I'm genetically elite or if I am the opposite. I think a 5 plate deadlift is also achievable for me after years of training, his equations said. I have decent proportions for squat/DL, so I'll be able to get big weights.

But yes OP. How big and strong you can be is well correlated with your frame size. Joint size. Big robust joints, you can train heavy lots to failiure and get big and strong. Smaller, weak joints? Not so much.

Anybody can get decently strong. Any male who isn't like 80 years old will be able to squat lmao2pl8 with effort. Many 3 plate. But as you get past there? It's very much so pre-determined generally. And this is all talking natty.

>inb4 I was a skelly and I just drank milk and got to a 3pl8 squat on SS in a month
>>
>>35391516
>3 plates
>genetic limit
Fuck off. This defeatist attitude is the reason you will never accomplish anything.
>>
>>35391516
but frank zane had puny wrists
>>
>>35391268
You went from untrained to intermediate in one month?
You are either playing a professional sport, wasting serious potential or lying.
>>
>>35391516
that's fucking dumb, I have seven inch wrists at 6 foot and I can bench three plates, and am nowhere near done.

Fuck genetics. Pick a goal and fuck the shit out of it.
>>
>>35391564
Literally anyone can go in the gym and pick up 200lbs if they want it bad enough. It's easy to find another 50 just by practicing the deadlift.
>>
>>35390638
True or not complaining about it isn't going to help. Go eat something
>>
>>35391516
The formula was created based on what had happened which makes it unreliable. It doesn't account for anything outside what he knew at that time and the people present. A true coefficient can scale for outliers while this one doesn't. In the trash it goes.

My joints are small as fuck and I am pound for pound, inch for inch the strongest person on this board... Stop falling for the memes and making excuses.
>>
>>35391542
Yes, Casey Butt has made the point that many of the best natty bodybuilders have actually had small wrists, AND are what he classifies as hard gainers (which Is
a specific wrist size proportional to height)

>>35391533
It's not defeatist, it's realistic. you could do a lot worse, really. To me 3pl8 bench is impressive, and it's the opposite of defeatist to me, really, it's motivating. It's a motivation to get that.

And if 3pl8 bench is really nothing but a peanut? why isn't every fucker doing it?
>>
>>35391542
Steroids
>>
>>35391683
three plates certainly isn't a peanut, but you should not be a retard and handicap yourself by thinking you can never go beyond that.
>>
>>35391604
yes, I think 3pl8 for me was assuming I was absolute shit tier genetically.

You're probably not.

or...

>been training 5 years
>been stalled a 3 plate bench for a month
>y-yeah I'm benching 3pl8 and I'm FAR FROM DONE BRO
>I'M NEVER DONE

you don't know how many fuckers have told Casey butt their going to exceed his muscular potential limits and never have.

>>35391658
It does scale. he represents various percentages based on what level. The base equation assumes you are a gifted powerlifter. I actually believe these equations are based on bodyweight, not wrist size. You enter in your maximum muscular bodyweight, which determines your max lifts.

He studied countless trainees and top powerlifters to determine this shit.

Try reading his articles b4 u jerk off because MUH INFINITE POTENTIAL

I'M GOING TO BENCH 9000 AND 1 POUNDS NATTY NO PROBLEM
MY ANIMU CHARACTERS CAN DO IT SO WHY CAN'T I?
>>
>>35391702
I don't disagree.
>>
>>35391750
>315 bench
>top powerlifter
You're a fucking idiot mate
>>
>>35391683
3pl8 is obtainable by everybody within 2 standard deviations of the mean. You have to be a genetic outlier (read: intentionally small with shit programming) to not be able to bench 3pl8 at your limit
>>
>>35391750
>been training 5 years
>been stalled a 3 plate bench for a month
>stalled for a month
>done

I don't get it.
>>
>>35391230
Your diet is probably shit and you dont sleep enough
>>
>>35391516
Bro I'm an obese manlet with a neurological condition and fucked joints from being the Army and I squatted 315 and deadlifted 405 with 6 months of lifting with a barbell. Your formula is trash.
>>
>>35391750
>He studied countless trainees and top powerlifters to determine this shit.
>It doesn't account for anything outside what he knew at that time and the people present.
I'm outta here.

>>35391807
Maverick. Do. Not. Engage.
>>
>>35390638
> that some people manage to retain their incredible muscle mass on 2000 kcal, while some other teens need 5000 kcal just to put on a fraction of muscle.

absolute bullshit

metabolism accounts for 200-300 kcal at most

le hard gain is a meme and I guarantee you so-called 'hardgainers' aren't hitting their macros
>>
>>35390638
That's why god invented performance enhancers!
>>
>>35391453
stop samefagging

>>35391344 reads like the delusional ramblings of a serial killer
>>
>>35392125
Welcome to /fit/
>>
>>35390638

Truu lol

but for real, you're absolutely right. At my uni gym I see these dudes with bitch wrists and small frames do very specialized programs and make minimal gains, while those with better frames can basically look at weights and get bigger.

Said teens that need 5k cal a day to put on muscle are probably still growing, too. Growing is very metabolically expensive
>>
>>35392098
>metabolism accounts for 200-300 kcal at most
do you mean bmr? in that case you would weight like 8kg to have a bmr in the 200-300 range
>>
>>35393543
I meant it a high metabolism adds maybe 300 kcal to your BMR compared to other people and is in no way a valid excuse for not gaining muscle
>>
lift, nothing else matters
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.