[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cut and Bulk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: VSlrGuw.jpg (473 KB, 990x1436) Image search: [Google]
VSlrGuw.jpg
473 KB, 990x1436
What's the ultimate length for a cut and bulk cycle? Im 6 months into lifting and just started bulking a couple weeks ago, for how long should I bulk so that I can cut once i'm done and then just start eating slightly above maintenance permanently? This way I only do one bulk and one cut, instead of getting stuck on a bulk-cut-bulk cycle.

Stats:
18 y/o
177 cm
138 lbs
>>
depends

GOMAD, 1 month, that's it.

Regular bulk can last as long as you're comfortable with the body fat gain
>>
dont cut or bulk. eat clean and adjust your intake as needed. its a myth and bad for your body
>>
>>35390559
except that what defines "bulking" is not well-defined. Eating 200kcal over maintenance is still bulking. Eating over maintenance is definitely required for mass gain
>>
>>35390544
My stomach wouldn't be able to take GOMAD, i'm drinking almost a litre daily and i'm already farting like a motherfucker. My bf is around 14% I think, seeing as I have no visible abs (only a line down the middle). I don't want to get fat though, if im 14% at 138 lbs, won't I be fat as fuck at 155 lbs?
>>
>>35390559
The constant cut-bulk-cut cycles are bullshit, but doing one bulk and one cut are nothing new. I want to gain weight to build muscle, then cut the excess fat, and then just eat at a slight surplus constantly to maintain my body and build some muscle
>>
>>35390598
depends how slow you take it

best way to grill meat is low and slow
likewise, best way to build muscle
>>
>>35390628
so you think I should eat at a small surplus for a long time? Im eating like 3100 calories a day, is that too much?
>>
>>35390654
it's probably about right; if you're 18 you won't gain too much fat if you're lifting hard and eating a lot.

as always YMMV and it's best to just put something into practice for a few months and see what the results are. If your bf% goes too high for your liking then tone down the cals a bit and keep lifting
>>
>>35390534
I do 2 week cycles
Eat above maintenance for 2 weeks then below for 2 weeks
I bulked for 6 months ish before I cut for 5 months to get to around 10% bf now I just cycle up and down around 12%
>>
File: 1411221142627.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1411221142627.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>35390680
that being said
>177 cm
>138 lb

your TDEE is 2025 kcal/day...

>3100 calories / day
>6 months lifting
>still 138 lb
Either you're not really eating 3100 cals / day or my math is wrong.

are you sure you're eating as much as you think? usually people who think they're eating 3000 calories are really eating 1800 skelly mode skim milk calories

do SS+GOMAD if you really want to gain
>>
>>35390680
Yeah i guess i'll just have to wait and see
>>35390770
I've been bulking for 1-2 weeks man, that's why im still 138 lbs, i made the mistake of cutting for 1 month before because I wanted to see my abs, too. Basically it went:
>first 5 months of lifting
no change in diet, ate exactly how ive always eaten
>1 month
cut
>last week or so
Realized what an idiot I was being and started bulking, I do it with MFP so the calories are accurate
>>
>>35390840
well it sounds like you have your shit together now then, make sure you're on a linear progression program and watch the noob gains roll in
>>
File: 1433795803216.jpg (94 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1433795803216.jpg
94 KB, 919x720
>>35390534
>tfw she'll never take a dump on my chest
Why even live?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.