[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ketofags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: bounce-break-party.gif (3 MB, 360x233) Image search: [Google]
bounce-break-party.gif
3 MB, 360x233
Will I see a relatively lower body fat % if I went on a keto bulk or maintenance compared to a normal bulk/maintenance?
>>
You'll see heart disease and overall poor health by not eating a balanced diet. Keto is a meme diet.
>>
File: 1392318512953.png (25 KB, 235x274) Image search: [Google]
1392318512953.png
25 KB, 235x274
>keto bulk
keto is generally for cutting while increasing satiety and protein intake

good luck bulking when you're constantly full on just a few cals
>>
>>35388133
found the high carb raw vegan shill
>>
just check your calories, dont eat carb before sleeping, keto is retarded
>>
>>35388133
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
>Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol
enjoy your sliced bread faggot
>>
>>35388260
>posts one study
A hundred years of research correlates a balanced diet with a lower incidence of health problems in nearly every aspect of life. There is no difference between you and FA activists.
>>
>>35388111
You can bulk on Keto. It is just really difficult. You have to force yourself to eat extra, and that is hard with a smaller stomach size. But with persistence and will, if you can push up into the 5k-7k range with lots of working out, you can lean bulk rather efficiently. I was on Keto for four months, with a cyclical 5.5/7 on and managed to put on about 15 pounds lean. I was obviously working out a shit ton, but I was eating like a monster. My body fat dropped about 3% and I in the best shape of my life.
>>
>>35388297
Says hundreds of years of study.
Doesn't back claims with any studies.
>>
>>35388334
>5k-7k

kek. troll harder.
>>
>>35388111
>keto bulk

What the fuck
>>
>>35388334
Also, I just started it up again and I'm psyched. Going for similar gains. It's possible, you need to just have an iron will power.

>>35388260
>>35388297
As for non-athletic people, I put my mother and brother on this diet. Despite their skepticism, they lost between 30-40 pounds each. My mother's B pressure went down, cholesterol went down, and she has more energy. With permission from her doctor, she stopped all of her heart and blood medications. Keto changed their lives. Teaches you how to eat strict, cook for yourself, and learn willpower.

Avoid this "Meme" all you want, but it is the most powerful "diet" I have ever been on. Faster REM sleep, more energy, more alert, lower BF, more muscle gains, and my acne cleared as well. Last one month. That's all it takes. Do 6 days on, 1 day off. I promise it will change your life.
>>
>>35388351
>>35388380
I have posted my 2.2k calorie breakfast here before. Disbelieve all you want.
>>
no. energy is energy and fat is fat. you will see lower bf% if you maintain rather than bulk, but that's it
>>
>>35388393
>Teaches you how to eat strict, cook for yourself, and learn willpower.
this is the true secret. it's not the "keto" so much as the cooking your own food, adopting whole foods, and scrutinizing what you eat. keto is a great way to kinda trick people into it though
>>
>>35388397
Post again
>>
>>35388397
breakfast but no pics of actual body
>>
>>35388421
This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read. Thank you.
>>
>>35388393
yeah but did they cut or maintain?
>>
>>35388111
Don't bulk on keto and don't stay on it forever unless you've got some kind of Doctor monitoring you and telling you to do it. So if you're not fucked up 8 to 12 weeks is about the best length. Do strong keto at the start and you can gradually relax to some degree once you've hit ketosis.

It has some excellent benefits if you do it right, best cutting diet out there imo.
>>
>>35388432
Yes. This is true. Keto can be a facade in a sense. That's why it worked with my mother and brother. I fully admit that. It just took something odd enough for them to have to focus on in order to not fuck it up. True ketosis though, does help.
>>
>>35388111

WATCH THIS REEEEEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEXUfuVjxGI
>>
>>35388461
My mother maintained, my brother cut by like 100-200 calories.

I'm looking for my old fitnesspal screenshots.
>>
File: progress.jpg (91 KB, 573x436) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
91 KB, 573x436
>>35388111

higher body fat imo
its not called a bulk for nothing
pic related Strict keto vs Keto bulk half year difference,
>>
>>35388504
unless you counted their calories i'm not so sure
>>
>>35388509
Looks like he just gained fat tb h family

what the fuck did he do add carbs?
>>
>>35388509
That's interesting for what looks like a significant change in fat distribution.
>>
>>35388509
He didn't make any hypertrophy gains in six months of bulking?
>>
>>35388339
>"Doctor, what research shows that obesity leads to poor health??"
>All credible research shows that.
Just like all credible research shows that a balanced diet leads to a lower incidence of health problems in the short and long term. The rest is just picking and choosing very specific metrics and claiming they refute the central point. This isn't Tumblr. Nobody on 4chan believes you.

>B-but you didn't post any STUDIES!!
Tess, pls go.
>>
>>35388533
I started Oly/power lifting and I had to add rice starch 2 times a week to recover glycogen. (I workout 6-7 times a week)
>>35388541
Please elaborate.
>>
>>35388589

ouch haha
I'v been bulking since early November.
I started squating/ deadlifting in September so the majority of mass I put on was in my thighs.
>>
>>35388695
Did you lift for hypertrophy during your six month bulk or were you just trying to maintain muscle and increase your bodyfat?
>>
File: blow-fish-frontal-view-7689478.jpg (41 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
blow-fish-frontal-view-7689478.jpg
41 KB, 400x310
>>35388695
>>35388695
>2 times a week

no good watch this >>35388509

Dom D'Agostin on Tim Ferris said he would recommend people do 8 weeks of keto then one week on carbs then back to keto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_b8pbyFdGY

Carb loading does not work on KETO
>>
>>35388730
>>35388695
>no good watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEXUfuVjxGI
>>
>>35388111
I involuntarily had a lot of carbs taken out of my diet and replaced with protein and it started to make me smell really bad after working out. Like really bad. Even after sitting in my office for the day i would start to stink a little.

Dunno if the 2 are related
>>
>>35388725

I wanted to increase body mass period.
I did straight strength training starting September because I'd been doing a lot of calisthenic work for a year before then and my shit was all out of balance ie. 45 pnd weighted dips and 135 bench for same reps/sets
>>
Keto is fine, if you happen to be a fucking Inuit

the rest of us aren't really adapted to that sort of diet
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.