[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reddit thinks this is a good routine for a beginner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Yes or no?
>>
>>35382885
Maybe
>>
I don't know
>>
Too much volume for a beginner imo, if you can do this routine in it's entirety then you aren't going heavy enough.

SS/SL/ICF/Greyskull/Reg Parks are far better for a beginner. Not too complicated, you hit each muscle, not as time consuming, progressive overload, etc.

Follow that routine on leddit if you want, I did SL with a couple added accessories and I loved it as a beginner.
>>
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION?
>>
>>35382928
What about knocking it down to PxPxLxx?
>>
You aren't the boss of me now, you aren't the boss of me now!
>>
PPL is the best way for someone who look for better aesthetics. Everyone who defends SS plz go suck a swole black cock.
>>
>>35382885
No, that's too many exercises per workout, especially for a beginner.
>>
>>35382885
>Good luck progressing with 15 reps of squats per week.
>>
>>35382947
I skimmed the link, had no idea it was PPLxPPL

I made my post assuming there was rest in between. That being said, still too volume for a novice. You're going to be too sore to complete this routine as often it requires you too. Hampering your ability to rest and full recover to go heavier next time.

As a novice I've had a personal philosophy to go heavier and more frequent on my lower body since it makes up such a large amount of your body.

For noobs I do not recommend PPL. A push/pull or upper/lower split would be better, push/pull being the better and having legs on both days.

If your goal is to build a strength base, I'd say again SS/SL/ICF/reg parks/etc
>>
>>35382928
>Icf

Top kek m8
>>
>>35382953
you're not*
>>
If you can lift 6 times a week, than it's ok. Knowing myself it would fuck my joints up pretty fast, but you can try, we are all different. Anyways, I would do some SS like routine for at least 3 months before starting this.
>>
File: tumblr_m1vvrzMsVm1rroyh2o1_1280.png (195 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1vvrzMsVm1rroyh2o1_1280.png
195 KB, 1200x700
>>35382885
What is a good routine for someone who's still a novice, but want's more frequency? I wanna be in the gym 4x a week and hit each bodypart at least 2, maybe 3x a week. I can't do a routine that's more than 5 days though.

I'm doing pic related atm, could I do it ABxAB? Although that might make my OHP stall..
>>
>>35382885
No but if you want to try it for a few months go ahead!

Just don't expect mad gains doing your intermediate-advanced BB routine as a novice
>>
This is remarkably similar to my current routine.
>>
>>35383187
try it, if you can keep up with it I don't see why not.
>>
no there is way to much volume and accessory bullshit for most beginners.
>>
>>35382885
NO, too much volume. Just do Starting Strength and stop over thinking it. I guarantee you'll make solid gains doing it and you won't spend shit loads of time in the gym. Once you stop progressing on SS then move on to whatever the fuck you want. Idk why people fell the need to over complicate the shit when you have thousands of people telling you they've done SS and it works.
>>
>>35383078
I do ICF but without squats (have strong legs already), why is it bad?
>>
>>35382939
YOUR NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
>>35383552
But what if I don't care about strength gainz and want to have intercourse?
>>
File: kill.png (278 KB, 751x418) Image search: [Google]
kill.png
278 KB, 751x418
>>35382896
>>35382902
>>35382914
Upvoted!
>>
>>35383836
if u go for aesthetics get a split push routine. srs dont waste time on doing SS
>>
File: 1450289725241.jpg (108 KB, 333x483) Image search: [Google]
1450289725241.jpg
108 KB, 333x483
>>35383954

I agree. I did SS and this was all I got...
>>
doing this routine but with some added shit or changed things around added or subbed different excercises for things

its not too much volume unless you are a pussy and dont liek to push yourself. granted if you have never weight lifted before its probably not a good program. i weightlifted in highschool for football and off and on throughout the years and im lifting again with this routine. works good im seeing major gains
>>
boards.4chan.org/fit/thread/35382908/this-guy-used-to-be-swole-what-happened#bottom
>>
>>35384029
Listen here little baby.

You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about.

Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar?

PERFECT.

Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want.

Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.