[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i become disciplined?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: discipline.jpg (480 KB, 1497x1024) Image search: [Google]
discipline.jpg
480 KB, 1497x1024
How do i become disciplined?
>>
realize the importance of consistency
>>
>>35377973
My parents instilled discipline in me by kicking my ass when I got out of line. Try punching yourself in the face a couple of time.
>>
So, if I make a mistake there is no logic loop to say how to act good?
>>
File: 10865206.jpg (54 KB, 315x475) Image search: [Google]
10865206.jpg
54 KB, 315x475
>>35377973
Realize that it has to be trained like a muscle. If you fail don't give up, just try again.

Pic related, good read
>>
>>35378087
I imagine you have to start from the beginning
>>
>>35378106
I read that book and though it was quite bad, I'd like to recommend this one which is much much better. Thats jut my opinion though, yours might be different. But this book is really good
>Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength - Roy F. Baumeister
>>
Read this book, if you haven't already.
>>
>>35378954
Hello /lit/
>>
>>35377973
By making up your bed and brush your teeth twice a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=485XLD7oPm0
>>
>>35378954
Why?
>>
>>35377973
get rid of your laptop/internet

the internet is the ultimate training tool for DESTROYING discipline. it allows you to instantly fulfill any whim of curiosity or desire

my laptop broke about a year ago and for those 2 weeks i did so much stuff with my life, and felt myself becoming way more patient by the end of it
>>
>>35378106
This. Not only does it have to be trained, but like muscles, it will take /years/ to become truly strong. You train it by making small habits, trying them until they stick, and then adding more. It's all about habit and routine.
>>
>>35379753
> "instantly fulfill any whim of curiosity"
> ask how to become more disciplined
>>
>>35379753
haha, thats not being disciplined thats being an animal

cant you control yourself?
>>
modafinil and phenibut
>>
>>35378954
Great book but don't expect it to change your life. It might help with mindset but nothing will change without action and discipline.
>>
>>35377973
Discipline yourself.
>>
>>35377973
try not to fap for a month, if you do it - you're disciplined
>>
>>35380506
He's right, though. Nothing destroys productivity quite like the internet.

My room is messy, my car makes a bad noise, I haven't lifted today, and my dishes aren't gonna do themselves... but here I sit, on 4chan.
>>
>>35381212
Rite, fuck i feel that
>>
>>35379746
basically what >>35380750 said
reason, discipline, self-reflection is what this book is about. some aspects are common sense but it still provides hindsight on things you might have known/not known
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.