[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitbit are they /Fit worthy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Planning on getting on because of the boxing day sale on them, probably the charge, no clue yet.

What does /fit think of fitbit's?
>>
>>35374470
I got one for christmas and I guess I'll make use of it , but what do you use it for?
>>
>>35374482
Its a step counter with an app
>>
I think it just measures your steps and shit like that, I'm not really sure. I've heard it helps working out, but I'm not really sure how top kek.
>>
I use my Charge HR for my heart rate tracking
>>
>>35374470
>What does /fit think of fitbit's?
It's you paying for the privilege of some corporation tracking your every movement 24 hours a day and selling that information to other corporations so they can build a 'profile' of your life so they can sell you shit you don't want and don't need. Probably also tell the government where you go and what you do, too. Throw it away.
>>
get a smartwatch instead, i think all of them have heart rate monitors and step counters, the asus one is like $150
>>
>>35375918
fuck off back to /pol/ manlet.
>>
>>35375920
I prefer a something that isn't bulgy watch.
I feel like the Fitbit is great with women though
Garmin vĂ­vosmart also had some good reviews too
>>
>>35374470
Try the Garmin Vivofit. Really great imo syncs to a small USB Bluetooth when in range for tracking gains and such
>>
>>35376286
this
>>
>>35374470
Got one for Xmas. Has a heart rate monitor, step counter, works as a watch, will vibrate when someone calls (useless because if your phone is close enough to work then you'll hear your phone ring), and a calorie counter that's slightly clunkier than my fittness app but your output calorie tracking presumably more accurate because it is not self reported. I usually wear a watch but mine is acting up so I'll switch to this for a while.
>>
I have the exact same question, i was debating the fitbit surge since it looks a bit more like a watch and not like a bracelet, but after reading tons of posts on either forum it seems like the heart rate monitor and therefore calories burned displays are super inaccurate for lifting.

Can someone who owns a charge HR/Surge/anything else with heart rate monitor do a quick 10 minute test run mimicking lifting with books or whatever and show a picture of HR and calories burned here?
>>
>>35375918
I agree with that.
>>
>>35376518
you'll find thats the case with all wrist HR monitors when doing upper body, all the tendons put pressure on the blood vessels and gives you a false reading it should be out by miles. i have a fitbit chargeHR it has most things on it if ur doing cardio at a gym you'll struggle to get steps and floors
>>
>>35377139
I mainly want readings for lifting, i dont really care about step count and floors, all i want is an accurate HR reading (and therefore accurate clories burned reading) while lifting weigths up and down.

Think it can do that or not suited for that?
>>
File: fitbit_charge.jpg (10 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
fitbit_charge.jpg
10 KB, 285x285
I was going to get one but now I'm going to wait. I know 2 friends who got the Charge. They liked them but they both broke in the same spot after a year. Not worth it for the price IMO.
>>
>>35377196
might be better off with one the has separate chest HR strap i found mine would be off a little when doing upper body, depends how accurate u need, i think it would be less that 10% on peak hr during max physical stress
>>
>>35377240
10% off wouldnt be a big deal, i dont want a seperate one cause i want my calories burned values for the whole day, not just workout.

Do you have any experience with the calorie tracking? Ive read that users got like 5000 burned kcalories after a day of light excercise and office which is hilariously wrong.
>>
>>35377228
yer charge hr can feel flimsy im a tradie and wearing it at work feels like it might snap at times but at the gym its fine ive only had it for 5 months
>>
>>35377255
Best case would be if someone could take a quick picture of how many calories burdned on a non workour day and a workout day.

If these are more or less compatible with common sense i'd be happy
>>
>>35377255
nar i found it to be on the money if you set it up right on a lazy day i would just crack 3000kcalories my target was 3500, on big days like 1hr hard cardio full day hard work and 1.5hr weight session could get up to 7000
>>
>>35377286
3000 on a lazy day? Is that just sitting/lying and doing nothing?
>>
>>35377308
yer base line for me is 2400 so 3000 is sitting at home doing sweet fuck all
>>
>>35377342
Is that a rational value? Im a skinny fuck but i have huge trouble even eating 3k, cant imagine im losing more than 1500 doing nothing at all
>>
>>35377354
yer when you set them up u enter ur height weight age etc so your baseline would be lower im 115kg 6'3 29
>>
>>35375918
>what is a smartphone for 200 Alex
>>
A friend of mine is looking for a heart monitor watch without the thoracic belt.
Is the fitbit Charge hr the best option? Is there something less expensive?
>>
File: 1431201574931.png (13 KB, 409x486) Image search: [Google]
1431201574931.png
13 KB, 409x486
>>35374470
I love when fat lazy fucks circlejerk about fitness trinkettrash that they can throw money at to feel like they work hard, since the trash is irrelevant to any actual exercise
>>
File: Xiaomi-Mi-Band.jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Xiaomi-Mi-Band.jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
just buy this for 15 dollars
its track steps and work for month with one charge
>>
>>35376304
Same here, got one for Xmas and it seems decent so far, mostly just for clocking distance traveled in a day, but also monitors heart rate and vibrates for an alarm clock (better than noise IMO), I don't see why not to try it out since it was a gift
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.