[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this for Christmas. Is it any good? I sure hope it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: IMG-0209.jpg (404 KB, 2023x1406) Image search: [Google]
IMG-0209.jpg
404 KB, 2023x1406
I got this for Christmas. Is it any good? I sure hope it's not just a meme.
>>
I've had the same exact model for 3 years, how on earth do you think it's a meme? anything you can do pull ups's on will work.
>>
>>35371107
I love them. Great for getting in more pull-up volume during the day by doing GTG type work (doing a sub-max set each time you walk under it).
>>
Depends on the wall, might break or not.

I do pull-ups using the door.
>>
>>35371117
Sorry, I'm new to all this. I've never had any work out equipment, I always did just push ups.

Doing push ups on this is pretty comfy tho.
>>
>>35371107
What is the point in the metal thing in the centre of the bit that hangs on the door? I couldn't figure out what the hell its for.
>>
>>35371145
So that you don't accidentally knock it down when you don't use it but you keep it on the door.
>>
>>35371145
reduces shear stress on the door frames, since its nailed into the wall instead
>>
File: 1447024304409.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1447024304409.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>35371137
>I always did just push ups.

Oh boy.
>>
>>35371177
it's better than nothing
>>
>>35371107
Its a decent pullup bar
Fucks up the door frame after a while though
>>
>>35371137
That's because it's easier you faggot. Fucking lift some actual goddamn weights sometime too.
>>
>>35371203

Barely.
>>
>>35371219

>doing pull ups isn't massively better than not doing pull ups

teh fuck
>>
File: imonly11.jpg (26 KB, 311x329) Image search: [Google]
imonly11.jpg
26 KB, 311x329
>>35371107
>I sure hope it's not just a meme.
i am 12 and what are lats
>>
>>35371232
he was talking about push ups m8
>>
>>35371107
it's good, I've had one for years

You don't quite get the range of grip options you do on a proper bar and you've got to watch how you swing about, but in a pinch without anything else it's good enough

I used mine today because my gym was closed
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (927 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
927 KB, 2304x1728
>>35371107
should've put this on your list m8
>>
>>35371107 (OP)
what are you going to use this for? I do my pull-ups in the gym and have rest days in between

at what point does it become necessary to have this shit at home?

>>35371324
>living the dream

all you need is a bench though
>>
Got the same one Senpai, how it's gonna give me that sweet v-taper
>>
>>35371232

It was actually

>doing only pushups isn't massively better than not working out at all

Would you mind reading the posts you're responding to, so we can avoid these misunderstandings next time?
>>
>>35371206
My all metal Soviet doorframe? I don't think so.
>>
That was one of those innocuous Christmas gifts that my parents got me that ended up changing my life.

If you don't work out at all or just want a device to practice pull movements with it's excellent.

Nothing to meme about it. It makes chin ups, pull ups, and levers a matter of having an average doorway and the mental fortitude to train
>>
>>35371107
They are great, have the same model at home, having a lot of fun with this. I'm also using this to attach my suspension trainer (I know /fit/ hates them, anyway). It's also pretty good for pushups, by the way. Doing them on the bowed grips gives you quite a bit more intensity than regular pushups.
>>
I have one it's great,
>>
For whatever reason, the springiness and flimsy plastic feeling of these things make them really fun to do pullups on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>35371203
Depends, if you end up creating an imbalance which causes injury, you're better off doing nothing
>>
Depending on your body weight, if you weigh less than 85kg I'd say that you have a good acquisition, if you weight more it depends on a number of factors including if you have the exact size of space in between walls, I remember I had one breaking with me at 70kg because I was holding the bar too wide and the space between walls was too short. If you do pull ups nice and smooth it should not break, if you jump like that shitty crossfit form, expect it to break along with you.
>>
>>35371137
>Doing push ups on this is pretty comfy tho.

If your workout is comfy you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
>>
>>35371203
Yes, it is, to me just doing a few pushups and stupid dumbbell exercises with the laughably light weights I had at home was the first step into fitness. I slowly figured out how it works, installed a pull up bar in the basement, bought heavier weights etc etc. I came to /fit/ much later, and most of the advice here is shit anyway.
>>
>>35371716
I think he means relatively comfy
>>
>>35371345
>at what point does it become necessary to have this shit at home?
bumping for an answer to this
>>
>>35371716
A set of 20 every hour or so should not tire out anyone bar the greatest skellies and fatties of /fit/. 300 push-ups a day, 2100 push-ups a week, 9000 push-ups a month does add up over time.
>>
Homegym masterrace and I have this. It's not ideal because you have to hold your legs up, but besides that it's fine
>>
Since everyone on /fit/ seems to have an opinion

Would you rather have a door-mounted pull-up bar that makes you duck slightly or a wall-mounted bar where you don't have a full range of motion because of wall proximity?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6364328

TIME FOR A POLL FELLAS
>>
>>35371107
It's not a meme.
Had one in my barracks room at Ft. Bragg.
Pullup day was my favorite day, never had to go to the gym.
Do my pullups, switch to chinups. finish with crunches
shower go to bed
>>
fuck yes my father had one exactly like that and i would do pull ups on it all the time
>>
>>35371107
I have one, every time I walk through the door I always bust out a set. My traps and lats are so wide now I can literally glide
>>
>>35373998
>door-mounted pull-up bar
>>
>>35373998
>Not being a manlet

lmao
>>
Had one before..its not bad. Cant get too crazy with it but youre pulling your self up so there you go. Quick suggestion, do handstand pushups to compliment your pullups. Id really recommend doing pullups on monkeybars at a kids playground if you can. The thick bar is more difficult and you will never go back to a regular width bar again.
>>
>>35371734
heres some advice. Start doing tiger claw pushups. When you are good at those, do tigerclaw diamond pushups. When you are good at that, do tigerclaw diamond Hindu pushups. I call them "Panther" pushups and I created that years ago and think they are harder than any "most difficult pushups" video I have ever seen.
>>
>>35373977
You should always hold your legs in an L or V while doing pullups to work your core and keep your pullups strict.
>>
>>35374230
>Panther Pushups
>I created
Weight loss companies hate him
>>
>>35374191
Door-frame then.
>>
>tfw you want one but don't think the door frame can handle 220 lbs
>>
>>35374261
haha. just sharing some knowledge brotha. I have complete confidence you wont find this online. Most of you will ignore my post, some will ridicule it, but how many of you will actually try it? Fact is if you try it and realize how hard it is then you will realize I just gave you all a Christmas gift.
>>
I got a push up bar thanks for the gainz mom
>>
>>35374298
>ignore my post
By the time I can do Panther pushups Ill have forgotten all about this post
> No offense
>>
File: chris-hemsworth_001.jpg (196 KB, 760x1087) Image search: [Google]
chris-hemsworth_001.jpg
196 KB, 760x1087
Is it possible to achieve Chris Hemsworth with only calisthenics
>>
>>35374320
if I wanted to be remembered I would put videos on youtube or facebook. Main thing is people try it and realize the difficulty. Any dose of humility is good fire to keep you training harder. Im at work watching Star Wars Empire Strikes Back and working on my one arm pullups and hand stand pushups..Im flyin right now
>>
>>35371203
I did about 200 push-ups a night, and I never understood why my posture was so terrible.
>>
>>35374337
Its not hard if you really get into pullups,chin-ups, and dips, especially with a weight vest. Your push up game should be blackbelt level too.
>>
>>35371734
>most of the advice here is shit anyway
if you learn nothing else from this thread OP. At least hold onto this.
>>
>>35374362
Make sure you do supermans too for that lower back. Don't be all big up top and have no trunk to support it.
>>
>>35374369
/thread
>>
>>35374369
Then what's the point of this board>>35371107
>>
>>35371581
Glad to hear that it changed your lift.
Not even trolling, you should tell your family. It will give them some feel goods.
>>
>>35374369
Im dropping gems that's going unnoticed. Panther Pushups..come on and get on board. Its pretty much the manliest pushups that you've never heard of. This is coming from a guy whos been training for 20 years and basically has been elevating all my workouts to a pretty high level. Panther Pushups..Panther Pushups...Panther Pushups
>>
Your door frame looks too wide for that, what is it pushing against?
Mine looks like that but the side you lift on meets the frame of my door, and is securely in place
>>
>>35374337
Calisthenics? Is that a new type of juice?
In that case yes.
>>
>>35371219
this
>>
>>35374407
I did. Today they got me a massive home gym thing.

I'm training for a one arm chin up and will have it within two weeks.

I've come a long way
>>
>>35374230
Planche push-ups, frienderino.

Let me know when your rear delts come in
>>
>>35373939
is this b8?
>>
>>35374354
Breh, we have the same goals. Nice. I'm also working on planche pushups and weighted ab wheel rollouts
>>
>>35373939
>you can make gains with literally zero progression
0/10
you fail at lifting and at life.
please kill yourself.
>>
>>35374337
no.
not even ivan nikolov has that much chest development, and he actually does proper progressive overload.

you cannot really get that much weight on your chest, unless you get a dip belt for weighted dips.
>>
>>35374230
Are your fingers supposed to be bent or straight when doing fingertip push ups
>>
>>35375519
for tiger claws, they are bent. You need to look it up because its kind of a specific way to hold it because most people cheat. Its just like if you were to to kung fu tiger claws with your hands. That way the weight is all placed only on the tips of the fingers.
>>
>>35375419
good job brotha. I can only planche push up while on the parallel bars. Still working on a full straight planche hold on the floor.
>>
I've had one of those for years hanging in my door way its awesome
>>
are hanging crunches effective?
>>
>>35371716
No wrist pain, no pushup gain...
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
I have one. I added some L33T modz though senpai.

Check it.
>>
>>35378371
IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?!
>>
>>35371324
>he's using the safety bars as j hooks
>no bar holder
>no weights holder
>weights shattered/piled on the floor
>useless mirror catching only the face when he's standing
>uneven floor

disgusting, fucking disgusting. Waste of money and dangerous.
>>
>>35374337
No.
>>35374362
Please stop posting.
>>
>>35371107

I got the same some weeks ago. Literally smashed my face with it. No biggie. My doorframes are too thing to support it.

I used it to anchor my feet doing situps until I learned you weren't supposed to do that as it fucks your lower back.
>>
>>35378237
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.