[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
drinking and biking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Bike-blog-Wine-Bottle-Att-001.jpg (216 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
Bike-blog-Wine-Bottle-Att-001.jpg
216 KB, 1200x720
I know most of you beef cakes are only interested in lifting heavy objects repeatedly and can't sprint a 400m to save your life, but what do you think about drinking alcohol before intensive cardio? Say you drink four shots of vodka then go on a 25 mile ride. What do you meatheads think?
>>
I don't see the point of dehydrating yourself before a workout. Even if you drank 4 big cups of water with those shots it still sounds like a recipe for a headache. That being said, the whole point of a bicycle is to get home safely but faster than walking after you've out been out drinking.
>>
>>35363595
why not try and tell us, i never would have thought of drinking and riding

however, i have taken quite some mdma and went for a ride and never got tired and i was literally flying
>>
>>35363756
It's not bad once you get warmed up, it helps keep the blood flowing. It also helps me zone out and just bike fast. I drink about .75 liters for ever 50ml of 80 proof i drink so dehydration isnt really a problem
>>
>>35363595
Drinking and biking is not only very dangerous, its also illegal in many parts of the world.
That being said, from a /fit/ standpoint, any alcohol, especially in excess, is bad for your body.
>>
>>35363802
Haha, my bike doesnt even have brakes and i took all the reflectors off it. I dont care about safety or legality. It helps the blood flow though and if you eat and take vitamins afterwards, i think the negative effects are diminished
>>
>>35363747
>>35363802
Both make good points, but I would say fuck it, riding a bike intoxicated is fun.
>>
>>35363802
illegal lmao faggot
>>
>>35363595
RIP OP's liver

Even though ive done it.
>>
>>35363595
>putting down more or less every poster on this board, literally base assumptions
>proceeds to ask for validation in partaking in really, really dumb behavior with no intended benefit

Tbh i think you arent taking enough shots before your ride anon
>>
You'll sober up pretty quickly with that much cardio and sweating.

Then you'll just be dehydrated and not even feeling a buzz. What's the point?

Source: Used to be a drunk, also biked around
>>
makes a great day but I took it overboard one night and ended up in hospital with no memory of the night, I kept asking my friend the same questions over and over again.
Great times though, highly recommended!
>>
>>35364434
>>35364498
Pussies. Why dont you guys go stare in a mirror and lift heavy shit while grunting with your "bro's"
>>
>>35363595
>drinking alcohol before any athletic activity
That's as dumb as a box of rocks.
>>
>>35363595
I think that intense cardio whilst intoxicated is not only trash for you, but you'll endanger yourself and others
>>
>drinking and biking

you mean like a hobo?
>>
>>35363747
in some states you can still get a DUI for operating a bicycle drunk, I've even heard horror stories of people getting DUI's for skateboarding drunk out in town.
>>
>>35363831
ok don't ask for advice if your mind is set
>>
>>35363831
You are the worst kind of person on a bike. Invisible to the 2ton vehicle that will plow you over and not even realize.

Fag
>>
>>35364458
This. When I want to sober up fast I swim laps in the ocean (during summer), or other times bike home from wherever I was drinking.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.