[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bench decreasing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_500494227790432.jpg (83 KB, 703x735) Image search: [Google]
IMG_500494227790432.jpg
83 KB, 703x735
Hey guys and gals, I've joined powerlifting about 2 months ago and was seeing great results and good weight and muscle gain but now I've kinda plateaud. I've always been on the smaller side so I weigh about 123lbs on a bad day and my bench was 140lbs. I noticed I was getting a bit of a gut (since I'm kinda short) so I stopped eating a lot of fatty foods (fried chicken and other fast foods) and have been trying to eat clean. And recently my bench (not other lifts) has gone down, as in I'm struggling to do 135lbs x 2. Now I read that bench is a lift that is somewhat proportionate to bodyweight. I would just like to know what is going on, any help would be nice. inb4 "you're skinny as fuck and my leg weighs as much as you do" I eat a lot guys, its just very hard to put on weight for me
>>
File: 1450185921004.jpg (245 KB, 1037x1382) Image search: [Google]
1450185921004.jpg
245 KB, 1037x1382
>>35360574
Youre not eating enough. Eat more add in calorie dense foods like nuts, milk, oils, and peanut butter.
>>
File: 1398446401357.jpg (16 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
1398446401357.jpg
16 KB, 350x345
>>35360574
>those skellys who claims to eat a lot
Man, i went to a selfservice restaurant where u can take as much as you can with a friend of mine who claims to eat a lot but no gain a single gr.
>mfw i ate 3:1 his proportions
>>
>>35360704
Thanks for the info, by oils, what exactly do you mean?
>>
R u a grill
>>
>>35360771
Olive oil.
In EVerysingle meal
>>
>>35360574
Drink 2 raw eggs 3 times a day and a 2oz shot of olive oil before bed. Sanitize the outer shell with hand sanitizer before cracking the egg to prevent salmonella poisoning.

6'0" 195 been doing this for years
>>
File: Myonuclei-Article1.png (114 KB, 1226x3069) Image search: [Google]
Myonuclei-Article1.png
114 KB, 1226x3069
>>35360574
Your foods probably okay because the other lifts haven't decreased, so its likely you recovery.

Try skipping the exercise/involved muscles for a week.

You definitely won't go catabolic in a week and you'll likely bust trough a plateau afterwards.

Maybe adjust your volume/intensity/frequency/rest for that musclegroup so it won't happen again.

Rest periods are the most effective yet least used method. (read the related article)
>>
>>35363102
Slower eccentrics are a meme, muscle fibres create force, less force is required to move something slowly, hence the faster something is moved the more force is required the more output required by the muscles.
This is backed up with studies showing less fibres activate with slow negatives and more fibres activate when the weight is moved with the intention of speed.
>>
>>35363553
>What is time under tension
Time is a factor. It may take more force to move weight faster but it absolutely takes more total energy to move it slow, loser.
>>
>>35363600
TUT is a factor but by slowing down eccentrics you are reducing type 2 fibre activation, a set of 8 done efficiently fast explosive will last just as long as a set of 6 done slowly, whilst generating more metabolic damage and inflammation using the most amount of fibres avaliable
>>
>>35363678
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22318559

It says that a combination of fast concentric and slow eccentric is optimal.

Don't go blind over subjects that are still researched.
>>
>>35363102
>REPEATED BOUTS
>TRY NEW EXERCISES

Why does muscle confusion broscience still get thrown around?
Dropped.
>>
>>35363767

Because it turned out to be less pure broscience and more really, really badly interpreted actual science.
>>
>>35363759
>This study shows that a high velocity training is required to increase the muscle strength further in subjects with a long training experience and this is possible by measuring the individual performance speed for each load
The study was about 80%-100% pushing speed against self selected pushing speed, it showed that those who were in the 80-100 range saw more progress, this is my point proven, it mentions nothing about concentrics in terms of the actual study design.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.