[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what about yoga? I'm not into chackras and bioenery shit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: handstand.jpg (20 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
handstand.jpg
20 KB, 236x353
what about yoga? I'm not into chackras and bioenery shit, but it seems pretty good for stretching and take care of your back, and my shoulders are destroyed, so it could be good.
>>
its very good, also very relaxing, go for a more slower style like classical hatha yoga instead of something like ashtanga, learn a few asanas online then go to a class.
>>
>>35351294
I was thinking on learn the salute to the sun, I just want to strecht and correct my back (my vertebral column is not straight)
Thanks for answer
>>
I do yin yoga and vinyasa yoga and I like it a lot. Great for the core and shoulders.
>>
>>35351294
i heard ashtanga can be a decent way to build strength, similar to calisthenics (particularly if you hold the poses etc). Is this the case for Hatha? are there any good yogas for bodyweight strength?
>>
>>35351339

sun salutation is a good foundation, though downward facing dog might be abit hard first to perfect.

>>35353695

ashtanga is an amazing way to build strength, normal hatha, well general "yoga" is good for people who are injured or just want to feel good.
>>
>>35354035
i was thinking of using ashtanga to fix my shitty joints cos i have been injuring myself a lot lifting, will it help?
>>
>>35354054

it depends on the level, alot of ashtanga can get really intense and you can put pressure on your weakened joints. I'd recommend hatha yoga and a change of diet and basic exercises to strengthen the joints.
>>
>>35354076
thanks breh, i think ill give ashtanga a go and see if it feels too intense on my knees
>>
>>35351212
find a good yoga teacher on youtube. Ali Kamenova is a good one. I would not be caught dead in a yoga studio with a bunch of soccer moms and stupid hippy nonsense. Do not do yoga for strength because that's not what its for. All the advanced yoga shit is what every decent breakdancer can do. Yoga people can do it because they are light.
>>
>>35356080
You can gain strength from yoga faggot.
>>
>>35351212
Yoga is good. The problem is, yoga has been modified to appeal to house-wives who have nothing going on on their lives and are looking for something "interesting" that they can talk to their house-wife friends about. Chakras and shit is mostly unavoidable if you're going into pure yoga. Also, these yoga are meant to be interesting, and this is on higher priority than being FUNCTIOAL.

That said, I've really enjoyed ManFlow yoga. the creator has a pretty hot body and claims he does nothing except yoga. It's probably believable as he includes a lot of optional extras for every pose that end up straining some muscles. There's 0 spiritual crap in his.

But if your goal is stretching, it's best to just go with pure stretching. There should be a link on the sticky.
>>
>>35356103
Yeah you can also gain strength by doing girl pushups too. My point was to not look for gaining strength from yoga because that's not what it is best for. Yoga is for healing your body that's sore from doing REAL strength training you faggot.
>>
>>35356103
You're mad because you probably go to Yoga to re-align your chakras and to show off your pretty manbun.
>>
File: bruceleemad.jpg (38 KB, 450x227) Image search: [Google]
bruceleemad.jpg
38 KB, 450x227
>>35356147
You do realize I've gained more strength in yoga than I did with SS, right?
>>
>>35356164
SS? Go back to /pol/
>>
>>35356164
Even if you did. Why the fuck should I care? Good for you!
>>
good morning. I did not expect to find this thread already. thanks for the answers, yoga seems to be pretty good for stretching and a little of strentgh. As I come from martial arts, I don't really care about mass.
I'll look at it and some things like chi kung and so.
Thanks
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.